Limelight Forums

Full Version: Mr. Spookichicken - Unban Request
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'd like to point the following out: This was copied and pasted from the original un-ban request because this is all still true. I don't know why the request was denied, but I'd like to come back. I really do love this community and hope to get back on the servers soon, thanks!

It's hardly possible to prove that I, with this ban reason, am lying, or, am telling the truth. For that reason, I understand the reason for my ban. The reason I want to be unbanned is because I did not cheat and invested so much time and money into the server which I would hate to see go to waste because of a misconception

Your Name: What is your name? Mr. Spookichicken

Ban ID: What is your Ban ID? 1648

Banned by: [L²] General Rickets

Server: Which server did it happen on? 33x

Ban Reason: What did the administrator or moderator list for the reason of the ban? Use of 3rd party scripts.

Why should you be unbanned?: Why do you think you deserve/should be unbanned?

They were not scripts, I was using a wireless Logitech G700s while watching Youtube videos in my room. I've seen other players punished for the same thing when in-fact, they were doing the same. I don't see how you could have evidence of me using third party software like an autoclicker without viewing my system files, which of course, I know you cannot do...

EDIT: Looking at the console logs, I see you respawned me and brought me back to see if I was still clicking. I understand the confusion, and if you wish, I can stop clicking wirelessly at all to avoid the confusion this obviously caused.

Evidence: Put anything here that would support your claims like a video or pictures.

https://puu.sh/mEeq3/14f8bb3f66.jpg

I can't really show much more than this. The mouse is wireless, as you can see, it is not connected to my PC, and so I just had it in my bedroom while clicking.

Thank you for taking the time to read my unban request, I hope you understand my side and I can get back on the servers soon!

EDIT: (Added to support my claims) 

I found a Staff report, posted by some user. In it, the User claimed the Staff member was click-botting, their evidence was that when they prop pushed said Staff member, he was still clicking. Said Staff member claimed to be simply clicking his wireless mouse while in the kitchen, if I remember correctly, allowing him to chop wood without being in the same room. This is almost identical to what I did, only I was instead in my room. 

What I feel is that because he is a Staff member, he is trustworthy, and so you let him off, and believed that is what he was doing, because I am a regular player, you believe that I am untrustworthy. I get that, but what I find unfair is that you denied my previous unban request even though you, to my knowledge had no solid evidence of me clickbotting, and until you get logs of every time someone clicks, I don't think you can ever prove it. 

No offence toward the accused Staff member, General Rickets or any other Staff member, I am simply putting my point across and am demonstrating another case of this exact scenario, and how they were treated differently because they were Staff.

Here is the topic I was talking about: https://limelightgaming.net/forums/showt...p?tid=6000

Here is a second example of the same scenario, and the person was unbanned on their first unban request, barely wrote anything and was unbanned within 24 hours: https://limelightgaming.net/forums/showt...p?tid=8926

Here is a quote directly from Cameron discussing this exact case, for a different person accused of having auto-clicker:

Quote:However, I will approve this, as it is quite a difficult case to prove from either side.

As said previously, it's extremely unfair for one person to be unbanned where someone else stays banned, even though they are both accused of the same thing.

Either everyone ever accused of this should be banned, or everyone accused of this should be unbanned.

I have evidence of my wireless mouse, and that is the only evidence that can effectively support my claims.

- If you want to speak to me directly, you can add me on Steam, here: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198019111966/ 
- Or you could message me on Teamspeak/Move me into your channel.
What day/month were you banned on?
(Mar 19, 2016, 01:14 PM)Voluptious Wrote: [ -> ]What day/month were you banned on?

January 21st. I believe.
Uhm, am I just not seeing these posts?

https://puu.sh/nMjQZ/4347d3e74f.jpg
We admins are discussing the case.
One more thing, (The following has been added to the original post, but I don't think it will be read unless I also post it here)

I found a Staff report, posted by some user. In it, the User claimed the Staff member was click-botting, their evidence was that when they prop pushed said Staff member, he was still clicking. Said Staff member claimed to be simply clicking his wireless mouse while in the kitchen, if I remember correctly, allowing him to chop wood without being in the same room. This is almost identical to what I did, only I was instead in my room.

What I feel is that because he is a Staff member, he is trustworthy, and so you let him off, and believed that is what he was doing, because I am a regular player, you believe that I am untrustworthy. I get that, but what I find unfair is that you denied my previous unban request even though you, to my knowledge had no solid evidence of me clickbotting, and until you get logs of every time someone clicks, I don't think you can ever prove it.  

No offence toward the accused Staff member, General Rickets or any other Staff member, I am simply putting my point across and am demonstrating another case of this exact scenario, and how they were treated differently because they were Staff.

I have evidence of my wireless mouse, and that is the only evidence that can support my claims.
Just found the thread I was talking about above:
https://limelightgaming.net/forums/showt...p?tid=6000
Thats not my case. This is, I pulled you away from the tree and watched you click for an extended period of time. There was multiple witnesses present who also watched this.

The fact you kept going after being dragged away suggests otherwise.

Under review.
(Mar 21, 2016, 08:25 PM)General Rickets Wrote: [ -> ]Thats not my case. This is, I pulled you away from the tree and watched you click for an extended period of time. There was multiple witnesses present who also watched this.

The fact you kept going after being dragged away suggests otherwise.

Under review.

1. Can you explain to me what you mean by 'suggests otherwise'.

2. Witnesses do not count in this scenario, in my opinion, as I cannot see them helping this case, because I know what you saw, and I agree that you saw that.

3. I was in another room, as I've said many times before and was obviously unable to see my screen, so of course I would keep clicking. 

In my opinion, and my opinion alone, regardless of who's case it is, everyone should be treated the same. Why is it fair that Staff get a completely different outcome, (where they aren't even punished) where I'm permanently banned?! 

Tell me how that is fair, please, because I'm really not seeing it. :/

Yes, I'm slightly frustrated that you think that just because you pulled me away from a tree and I was still clicking, that is solid evidence that I was autoclicking, and so I can get permanently banned. It's really not, as there are two possible reasons for it, both equally likely;

1. I am using an autoclicker, as you said and should stay banned.

2. I'm perfectly innocent and have been banned and may even stay banned for absolutely no reason at all.

If this is the only evidence you have to support this ban, I cannot see this being a fair ban, because it's equally likely that I was not cheating as oppose to cheating.

I'm aware this isn't a suggestion thread, but to avoid this kind of situation happening again, I would recommend that you just add a rule stating that players cannot leave their computer and carry on interacting with the game, regardless of if it's indirect or direct.

Again, no offence intended towards any Staff members.
Here is a second example of the same scenario, and the person was unbanned on their first unban request, barely wrote anything and was unbanned within 24 hours: https://limelightgaming.net/forums/showt...p?tid=8926

Here is a quote directly from Cameron:

Quote:However, I will approve this, as it is quite a difficult case to prove from either side.

As said previously, I find it extremely unfair for one person to be unbanned where someone else stays banned, even though they are both accused of the same thing.

Either everyone ever accused of this should be banned, or everyone accused of this should be unbanned, in my opinion.
Sorry for being impatient, but I must ask what is going on with this unban request, it's been 6 days since the original post and 4 days since I got any response from Staff..
Impatience is not going to help your case.

Something new has been discovered about your case, and needs to be discussed properly before we come to a conclusion.
(Mar 24, 2016, 10:27 PM)Voluptious Wrote: [ -> ]Impatience is not going to help your case.

Something new has been discovered about your case, and needs to be discussed properly before we come to a conclusion.

I'm sure it isn't, but you must understand from my point of view, I haven't a clue if you looking into the case or not.
The most important thing we have found so far is your current breakage of courthouse rules.

Under Review.
What rule is that?
Pages: 1 2