Limelight Forums

Full Version: Names!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Usernames are so interesting, like it's just a name we can choose for ourselves instead of the names our parents gave us. I'm always curious on how people get their ign or screen names. Does anyone want to share their story on how they got their name?

I guess I'll start? It's pretty simple for me, I just took my first name and translated it into French. But for whatever game I was on at the time, someone else already took the name. So as I was thinking and eating vanilla ice cream, I was just like, "why not?" So I just tacked on Vanille at the end.  And then CeriseVanille became a thing.¯\_(✿• ͜  •)_/¯
well... my irl names brynn so i made my steam name brynn. No real story behind it really.

Also google fuck you i have not spelt my name wrong.
My username came from forever ago on XFire and playing Star Wars Battlefront religiously, and I wanted to stop using my first name as my username as I thought it was lame. It kinda stuck on steam after I played a bunch of Left 4 Dead and having my avatar set as this:

[Image: halolzl4dkeepcrying.jpg]
Found out that there were too many AK's around, decided to use the Finnish variant RK.
My name is Daley... hence the username.
Used to love a game called digdug that I'd play at arcades/pizza joints.
I was about 10 and had a dog on Minecraft called "DrBarkles" that hung around for a while and I wanted to make it my Xbox live name but never got round to it 

Anyway fast forward to December 2012 and the government is cutting out child support benefits for certain people which included my family, so my parents instead of spending the last year's on clothes and stuff gave it to me to save for something, I always wanted my own computer do I saved and bought my laptop... I can't remember what game I wanted but I needed steam for it... so I used debarkles... in about March of that year I joined FL and in August I wanted to become a member of the community and [FL:RP] DrBarkles didn't look great so I removed the Dr part. 

So yeah that's a very long post just for that eh.
I like anime... For about 8 years my username was Ouka, refering to the .Hack Series. Now it refers to the Girls und Panzer Series, an it will for the next 10+ years.
I'm fucking retarded and typed letters into a steam.
Where do I start?

Well, first I was Mr.Snow because I liked snow and John Snow from Game of Thrones (Didn't know that Snow meant bastard until it was too late)

Then I changed it to Raptor because I started liking cars and I liked the Ford Raptor, so there you go.

Then these names came up for some weird reason - Nightfurty, Agent, Galactica, Veyron Kinda forgot the rest..

Then I came across the perfect name which is Rocket, has my favorite letter which is R and it is also a name of one of my favorite cars (A type of mustang) and I loved Fallout and everything about it. So there you go. I also have a deeper meaning to the name which I'm not gonna discuss here cause it might sound really lame. I can explain over PM or something if anyone wants.
Back in 1992 I had joined a strange online game called The Sierra Network or TSN. This was back in the days of DOS and dial-up, with long distance charges. You'd have to use your phone to dial in and play this game long distance.

It really wasn't so much a game, it was more of a access point to many other games, each within separate worlds. The Shadows of Yserbius was an RPG world where you explored a dungeon. Well, when I started it up, and I had to choose what I wanted to play. I chose the Knight. Then, the name. Well, Sir seemed fairly obvious to me, but it needed more.

Thinking hard, I noticed a picture of a wolf. Well alright, I'll just use that. Except instead of SirWolf, I'd use my German heritage and change Wolf to Wulf.

And those, SirWulf was born. Since then I stuck with the name for recognition. I tend to use it for everything.
My name is George.
I'm just an "INNOVATIVE" person.
[Image: BrU7qSR.png]
January 28th, 2013: I register on Steam with the username of "Colerocks999" (not shown above).

My name is Cole, and that was the name of my first email I made when I was like, 6, so... Yeah, it stuck around for a while.

I believe around late 2013 early 2014, I changed my name to TheEliteGamer, as I thought that was easier to remember and less stupid.

Two Variations of this name are used.

Late 2014 Early 2015 I changed to Brax. Me and my friends came up with Brax, because the name "TheEliteGamer" overstayed it's welcome and was pretty stupid. We literally went around the table and each person said a letter. First thing we came up with was like, XAHGX. Next was BRAX. I liked Brax, so I stuck with it.

I've undergone various profile images, and clan tags, either made in SFM or Photoshop.

1. Colerocks999
  2. TheEliteGamer
  3. TheEliteGλmer
  4. Elite
  5. Brax
I intend to keep this name for at least a few years.

By the way, while looking through my Dropbox for images of my usernames, found this bit of nostalgia. August 3rd, 2015. Day 4 of LimeLight, Rickets, Rolorox, and a few others were holding like a press conference thing on Raptor's TS.
[Image: Qith6sD.png]
I have no idea....
Pages: 1 2 3 4