Limelight Forums

Full Version: Serious RP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Howdy.

So. I started out on semi-serious. I doubt any of you would remember me from Fearless (except maybe Rocket, who hasn't realized he hasn't removed me from Steam yet Tongue) but that's where I got my start. Eventually, I left and migrated to a serious server and got way more into it than I probably should have. I hopped back onto FL every now and again, only to be completely disappointed by the fact that it was more "semi" than RP and it really turned me off of semi-serious.

That is of course, until I got more "active" on LL. And I was pleasantly surprised to find you guys focus more on the RP part of semi-serious, 100x more than FL ever did. And now that I'm done with the serious server I found, I'm glad to have something I can migrate back to, and not have to worry about losing the characters I spent a year and a half developing, even if I have to change their history just a smidge to reflect the new canon. 

Anyhow, the point of this post wasn't to talk about my RP history. It was to see what level of interest you guys would have in LL getting a serious server. As a 3rd option, not as a replacement. Nothing would change, everything could stay how it is, other than the ruleset. PainRP would be required, you're always IC, all the stuff that makes serious RP a serious RP.

I think if anyone was going to be able to create and succeed at a serious cityRP it would be LL as it's doing a pretty good job of it already.
Player base at this moment in time is far too immature and sensitive to handle a serious server in my opinion.

Edit: I am all for a server but you lot need to prove me wrong before gaining my support.
We got a ton of sensitive flowers who probably can't mentally handle serious RP nonetheless semi-serious. Their heads will explode.
PS: If you're not a sensitive-flower, I love ya <3
(Mar 10, 2016, 10:23 PM)General Rickets Wrote: [ -> ]Player base at this moment in time is far too immature and sensitive to handle a serious server in my opinion.

Edit: I am all for a server but you lot need to prove me wrong before gaining my support.

What's worse is having a playerbase that is mature and RPs properly and makes a server a great, and fun experience, only to have those people leave and be taken over by aforementioned immature and sensitive playerbase instead. So yeah, I completely understand where you're coming from.

But, given the right staff, I think those types of players can be handled. A part of the reason I left the server I was on is because staff stopped caring about who  joined/the server as a whole, and the quality went down the toilet. And again, I think the LL staff is doing an excellent job and is also a part of the reason why I think LL could handle a serious server at some point in the future. A serious server would bring in a different set of users, as they'd be there for an experience that semi-serious just can't give them. And if they end up minging around, that's what bans are for.
I would desire that a player has around 50-100 hours to join the Serious RP server. Otherwise you get 100 minges which isn't great.
Having a serious rp server that maybe have more hardcore features like less HUD etc?
STALKER RP(Loner character, APEX character), Terminator RP(resistance fighter, T-600), HL2RP(01-level metrocop, citizen, thug characters), Post-HL2RP, SST(starship troopers) RP, Tekka (Cyberpunk ) RP, Fallout RP. Been through most of these on Taco n Banana, some on other servers with friends. I enjoy serious roleplay because of its depth and how nobody immediately resorts to shoot to kill.
A seriousrp server? I would fucking love that.

I come from SeriousRP, it's what I learned on. Black Mesa Roleplay, the good old days.
Someday
(Mar 10, 2016, 10:23 PM)General Rickets Wrote: [ -> ]Player base at this moment in time is far too immature and sensitive to handle a serious server in my opinion.

I mean maybe but do you think people would act more serious in a serious server?
I know a lot of people here aren't the most serious, especially me, but when I am on a serious server I act much more mature.

It's a video game, unless people are given good reason chances are they won't show their most mature side.

Edit:

I think a serious RP server is too much right now, our playerbase is too small to fill 2 servers and I think a third would split the community too much for now
I RP as soon as the opportunity arrives.
Sometimes i am able, sometimes im not, depending on the people on the server.
But usually people are pretty good at RPing on LL servers tbh.