Limelight Forums

Full Version: UBR: something that you can type
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Your Name: something that you can type

Ban ID: (Can not see it on banlist???)

Banned by: [L²] Theo

Server: v33x
Ban Reason: FailRP

Why should you be unbanned?: This was not failRP and theo did NOT give me any time to explain myself. What happened here was a misunderstanding. I got broken out of prison. I got arrested RPing as a crazy drunk driver who is absolutely INSANE. I than get to prison, get broken out, and like the 41,000 people that do it every year because of a mental illness in the US alone,  I killed myself. This is Roleplay? Than how about we stop calling real world issues that are controversial FAILRP. Theo stated I had an arrest warrant. I did not and could not see it. My Gmod is so that I cannot see that text, its cut off. (CAN PROVIDE PICS). It may have seemed like there was suicide to avoid arrest, but that is clearly not the case.

Evidence: Logs
Although I have no knowledge of this case, due to Suicide RP being a sensitive area most Staff Members would rather you notify us before starting the RP to avoid these confusions and to make sure the player is trying to RP the death.
This was not failRP and theo did NOT give me any time to explain myself(1). What happened here was a misunderstanding. I got broken out of prison. I got arrested RPing as a crazy drunk driver who is absolutely INSANE (2). I than get to prison, get broken out, and like the 41,000 people that do it every year (1a) because of a mental illness in the US alone,  I killed myself. This is Roleplay? Than how about we stop calling real world issues that are controversial FAILRP (3). Theo stated I had an arrest warrant. I did not and could not see it. My Gmod is so that I cannot see that text, its cut off. (CAN PROVIDE PICS) (4). It may have seemed like there was suicide to avoid arrest, but that is clearly not the case.

1) I did give you plenty of time and, in fact, the extended explanation was not needed for your ending actions were in violation of the server rules nevertheless. 
             1a) Source of information please?

2) Being insane is not a reason to violate the rules, which a clear precedent for this is stated that being insane is not a reason to go around mass murdering everyone. Such a precedent was created so that chaos doesn't break out on the servers, and said precedent can be used in this situation as well as for you attempted to use the excuse of being "insane" to violate the rules.

3) Real world issue? I would like to see your sources for this as stated in point 1a. Regardless of if this is a real-world issue, you are in violation of our server rules. This is a game, and we have created, established, and enforced these rules to prevent chaos from breaking out on the servers. One of these rules is that of FailRP (failing to roleplay a situation realistically or within the server rules), in which many precedents have been set stating that asking another person to kill you is in violation of the rules and also killing oneself to avoid being arrested is against the rules.

4) I hope you don't mind, but I used some pictures from your Steam profile. 

Picture URL: https://images.akamai.steamusercontent.c...21F2A0045/

[Image: C29941510B965A8B7A46823D480FA1C21F2A0045]

I have now taken a picture of my in-game status to show what it is like to have a warrant on oneself and to contrast the differences.

Picture URL: https://i.gyazo.com/ce929e298bb0d242d127...80c4fc.jpg

[Image: ce929e298bb0d242d127e32caf80c4fc.jpg]

In your picture, the first one, you have clear visibility of the "You are wearing Kevlar which reduces damage by 50%", which shows that you are able to see the top-part of your screen when you say you're not able to. My picture shows where the warrant notice is shown, and how it replaces the spot in which the Kevlar notice is placed. With the ability to see where the Kevlar notice is, you are able to see where the warrant notice is.

5) You say that you weren't committing suicide to avoid being arrested, but I am going to emphasize the point that you were in a jailbreak. You just had an anarchist break you out, the alarms were going off, and Police were charging down to capture you. What would have happened if you didn't die? You would have been arrested again because a warrant is automatically placed on you when you're broken out of jail. Even if you didn't say it, the situation proves that you were in fact committing suicide to avoid being arrested again after you were just broken out.

Final note

I want to emphasize the consequences of lying in the courthouse or to a staff member in general. I have more than enough evidence to prove that you did in fact lie to me in regards to you not being able to see the warrant notice and the situation as a whole. You were in violation of the rules for asking someone to kill you and that also violated the rules given the situation where you knew full well that you would have been arrested (regardless of seeing the notification or not) since you were just broken out of prison.
Those screenshots are from before i moved. I am not lying in courthouse. On mobile, will elaborate when i get home
Also, source: CDC
(Mar 9, 2016, 12:56 AM)Epicworlds Wrote: [ -> ]Those screenshots are from before i moved. I am not lying in courthouse. On mobile, will elaborate when i get home

So you talk about how you have moved. Well you see, your current IP, the one you used to connect to the server today, has been logged back to December 31st and there has been no change since. The photo I used was taken on January 24th which clearly shows that you can see the top part of your screen. The reason why I have a problem with your statement about moving is that your IP would have changed if  you had moved, which it has not. As you can see in the images below, a majority of the IP address has been blacked out for your own security, you have been caught lying in the courthouse. 

Should you want an uncensored version of the picture I have shown below, you may send me a forums PM.

Link to photo: https://i.gyazo.com/af82514aaef48858b163...79d208.png 

[Image: af82514aaef48858b16366446279d208.png]

The final post shown titled "[SOLD] 1980s RV" has a response from you on the date I mentioned about (see picture below and link to thread).
https://limelightgaming.net/forums/showt...&pid=79420

[Image: b53567939b7d47766674a7b3013673e5.png]

Next I would like to point out that changing your house wouldn't affect your game. Same computer, different internet. Having a different internet wouldn't change any of your computer files relating to Limelight's content.

And then finally, the last nail in the coffin:

[Image: 9bd714170d515ce4cf7271dd20fc996a.png]

This is a client-side "screengrab", a tool that is given to administrators in order to check for rulebreakers, and in this case a liar. 

And in our situation, you said this in response to me talking about you being able to see the fact that the police have a warrant out for you:

v33x [22:32:26] something that you can type (STEAM_0:1:42221590) said: .//Well i do now

v33x [22:32:35] something that you can type (STEAM_0:1:42221590) said: .//I have a wonky screen

So this "wonky screen" of yours can see that you have a warrant right after you attempt to commit suicide and I bring you up to the roof to discuss your actions? It is time for this to end. Your excuse of moving is invalid, your had full vision of the warrant and the events going on, and full knowledge of what you were doing wrong. I will give you time to post a response and we will go from there, but it better be convincing. 

Closing notes of my response

The idea that you have moved has been debunked with IP logging, a screengrab has proven you have had full vision of the warrant notice on your screen, and it has been very obvious that you have been trying to lie your way out of this when your intentions were very easy to distinguish.
One moment, let me reply in a couple hrs.
Theo the screengrab is not showing what my monitor shows. For some reason it cuts off the top. Now, i can send you a picture but there is no way for you to see that the warrant is now showing, i would like: you to connect to the server with me, whisk me up to a building, and take your screengrab while i take a pic of my monitor. Thos will provebthe screengrab shows the cut off portion of the game area.
For the screens: i was mistaken , i didnt check and appreciate you checking the dates. Whenever i take a screenshot, it shows the cut off portion of the screen, i can again prove this with a screen side by side with a pic of monitor if you request.
Have you accused me of lying about moving house? Well i lived in AL with pc 1. Than moved to TN with pc 1 and promptly got a new pc.
I am probably not going to respond tomorrow. I am ill with a fever and a lot of other symptoms, and I'm honestly surprised that I made it through today with collapsing. Time for me to get some rest.
Lets fire this thing up again tomorrow. I'm finally feeling better and tomorrow I'll be in fit condition again to make a decent argument.
Glad you feel well. OT: i can provide pictures of my monitor and a respective screenshot to show your clientside admin screenshow showed the cut off portion.
I am asking that this UBR be continued as a Removal from Record request if it is not concluded after my false ban is complete.
Okay! I'm sorry for not responding yesterday, kinda forgot. As for the request for it to be "removed from your record", that is simply not going to happen. You asked to be killed which is FailRP, and this discussion has been primarily about the idea that you killed yourself to avoid being arrested. We touched on the idea of the whole concept around asking to be killed to be FailRP, but that part was seemingly settled by my argument as we didn't touch on it after I made that post.

Now moving back to the topic at hand: you killing yourself to avoid being arrested. I am going to go a bit deeper into a point I made before and that is the situation of the suicide. You were in a prison break, and when you are broken out of prison a warrant is automatically put onto you. Regardless of if you were able to see the warrant or not, common sense-wise, what would be the next events to come when the Police catch you? You would be put right back into jail, and that is another reason why I found your intentions to be to not only commit suicide as an act of failRP, but to also avoid being arrested again. You were released from prison and then promptly made your way over to the gas chamber, and made good use of the person breaking you out to kill yourself. This was all while the police force and a few other government officials were coming down to stop the jailbreak and put you back in your cell, which is what made your intentions clear.

Now I'm going to move onto the topic of you not being able to see the warrant. With my "situation" point, that renders the idea that you needing to see the warrant void for the situation doesn't require you to see the warrant. Now as for you offering pictures, I am afraid that they will not make your case any stronger as that is easily forge-able by changing your monitor or (even easier) TV settings. Because TVs are not optimized for computers, their resolutions often times do conflict and cause such problems that you have said to encountered, but yet this can be easily falsified in a case like. You are free to post pictures, but it will not affect my judgement on if your ban reason should be changed because of such possibilities.
Pages: 1 2