Limelight Forums

Full Version: February Monetary Report
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This community was created based upon transparency, as a result we will be posting monthly cash flow sheets.
As requested by the community, February's cash flow statement:

[Image: 8947e9b527e7abe6e4c733f79ae13d97.png]

You may view January's cash flow statement here: https://limelightgaming.net/forums/showt...p?tid=8199
Don't suppose you want to add a donation to my graphics card fund, 'eh?

Anyway, glad to see sustained donations to the server, shows that it's still going strong. If you asked me if the community would be here this long back in October, I would have laughed.

To the moon lads, to the moon.
Yeah... I don't want to be rude, but paying almost double EU server for server, which is completely empty 90% of time?
It seems to be a little waste of money.
I'd like to see server activity percentages because the EU server is dead when I am usually on.

Overall it is good to see where everything is going. Thanks for posting this.
(Mar 2, 2016, 01:06 AM)SirWulf Wrote: [ -> ]I'd like to see server activity percentages because the EU server is dead when I am usually on.

Overall it is good to see where everything is going. Thanks for posting this.

All server activity is logged so I'm sure we could implement it into these reports.

While the EU server does maintain higher player counts, the US still gets more than 100 individual connections per day.
Almost  £2,000 in retained earnings, that's pretty impressive.

What determines the price difference between the US and EU servers? I noticed there was a smaller difference on the January sheet.
Good to see my money is going somewhere.
[Image: 681c469f7094ff9a70809218a9ae91f9.png]

Pretty good for 11pm EST
By looking at these reports, it would be great to see an upgrade for the EU server at least.
Also, just wondering how the server costs differ by month?
(Here i'm talking about swedish time.) The EU server has 25-40+ people on constantly from around 3 in the day to 12 in the evenin. After that the US server starts filling up. (Altough personally never seen more than 30 people on there.)

AND BY THE WAY, HOLY FUCK. HOW? 2 GRAND? 2 THOUSAND? U KIDDING ME? I'VE NEVER SEEN THAT MUCH MONEY.
(Mar 2, 2016, 11:52 AM)sauce Wrote: [ -> ]By looking at these reports, it would be great to see an upgrade for the EU server at least.

Upgrading our security systems is an example of why our server costs would increase.
(Mar 2, 2016, 03:30 AM)Toxic Wrote: [ -> ]What determines the price difference between the US and EU servers? I noticed there was a smaller difference on the January sheet.

Security setup, network bandwith and hardware specs
Very curious, but why is there dev cost when you guys make your scripts (mostly) from scratch. Is this paying your devs or what?
(Mar 2, 2016, 11:52 AM)sauce Wrote: [ -> ]By looking at these reports, it would be great to see an upgrade for the EU server at least.

At this point, server upgrades don't even matter.
Lag comes from the following:
Unoptimized map v33x
Gamemode elements that need to be optimized
srcds & source engine not utilizing multithreading

OT:
Nice to see these being posted.
You guys should donate a bit of money to charity Smile not loads but at least a bit
Pages: 1 2