Limelight Forums

Full Version: BR: Knox
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Name of Player: Knox

SteamID: [font=open_sansregular, Arial, sans-serif]STEAM_0:1:42221590[/font]

Server: v33x

Time: 13 Feb 2016

Summary: Recently I posted a BR on  regarding FearRP in the SWAT Van, which was denied. However the BR was also for CDM/Powergaming. But as you can see from Brynn's conclusion he never mentions the CDM or Powergaming. 

Evidence: 
So wait, your posting this for CDM, when you we're the ones constantly running infront of his vehicle, and your supprised after 8 different attempts at not hitting you, someone got knocked over? He desperately trys not to seriously hit anyone while moving, and when someone jumps infront of him he hits the brakes.

Im not seeing the issue here, its not his fault all of you constantly kept jumping infront of  the 3 ton warmachine.

Id say in the future avoid jumping infront of it intentionaly

As for powergameing, you mean him driving the bearcat over the fire? I dont exactly see the issue there and there is no way i would punish someone for one single /me that indicates they are driving over the fire.
Id have to agree with Blackdog on this one. You was intentionally running in front of the van, it was your own fault, no one else's.

And I concluded the other player report as there was no need to take any action on any other 'rule break' because in my opinion there were none.
Denied.

Closing notes: you mention CDM, when the accused player was in fact reversing and maneuvering in such a way so as NOT to hit people wherever possible; had the intention been to kill you all with the van, they'd have made no attempt to move around.
As for 'Calling a medic', this is entirely contextual. When he has 3 people with guns at him and TRYING to shoot him, he naturally will not
A) Get out to help the man who is trying to kill him;
B) Send an unarmed paramedic to such a volatile situation.

In regards to Powergaming, the general description and interpretation of powergaming is not to perform actions which 'Dictate other player's RP'. Considering this was an environmental incident (fire) AND taking into account that the SWAT Van Bearcat is fireproof, this is not a punishment-worthy action.

If it was, then it would mean every action you do in regards to your surroundings would need to be open-ended: rather than '/me picks up the phone' you'd instead be writing '/me tries to pick up the phone', which makes absolutely no sense, unless your character has some serious issues.