Limelight Forums

Full Version: Ban Dispute - Allen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Your Name: Allen

Ban ID: 2051

Banned by: [font='Lucida Sans Unicode', 'Lucida Grande', sans-serif][L²:M] Doodleh[/font]

Server: V33x, cause Rockford is empty. All the time.

Ban Reason: Disconnecting to avoid (An Invalid) Arrest

Why should you be unbanned?: I believe I should be unbanned as the player performing the arrest did not even try to role-play, he pulled me over, forced me out of the car at gunpoint, and then tazed me, before immediately requesting an arrest warrant for: "Multiple traffic violations." the first time, my friend paid a $1000 fine, TO HIM. the second time, Another police cruiser hit me, while I was stationary, to allow him to pass. immediately the arresting officer initiated a pullover and when I pulled up in a parking space he decided that he would conduct a felony stop. I understand I broke the rules, however I know full well that no real justice ever occurs on the server, my guess, is that after I disconnected out of anger and frustration, and knowledge that any attempt to negotiate the arrest would be most certainly be shoved aside because the arresting officer is a power hungry little-
My guess, was that the moderator who banned me decided to actually respond to a report for once, and saw me disconnect, and thought, Hmm, I know, I'll immediately ban him without any prior knowledge of the situation or it's context.
Side note: the officer also randomly arrested a passer by who suggested he actually tell me why I was being arrested, as I was given NO EXPLANATION whatsoever.

Evidence: I have no screenshots, I would have posted my shadow-play footage, but it fucked up and didn't record my game, just a black screen.

Parting Note: If this is how your moderators run their punishments, then I suspect nobody will ever take this server seriously, or even semi-seriously. Also, the police force are a complete joke, any attempts at real RP are quashed by all the arrest-happy little ten-year olds who think having a stationary vehicle get rammed into by a moronic Tahoe driver is warrant for felony stop. I am really disappointed in this server. I had such high hopes.
I sent an @ call about you because I had you cuffed and tazed on the ground as you decided to try and run around in a circle or run away or whatever you think is suitable to do in a traffic stop so I tazed you, someone then started to obstruct me in my arrest and they got arrested, however that has nothing to do with this, I had tazed you and the warrant was accept and then you decided to DC which, wether or not you like the reason you are being arrested or the RP you are in or anything else involving a roleplay situation, you cannot DC from, and this is what you had done.

-Arresting officer

EDIT: Your arrest was also because I had stopped you before and fined you for breaking traffic laws and then you went and drove down the middle of the road and past the read light, something which would have been explained if I wasn't obstructed and then if you didn't DC, however that's nobody's fault apart from your own. However, I clearly see that you do not learn lessons and therefore decided to arrest you.
Allen,

What is the point of having rules in place if they can be bent and broken with such exceptions as yours? While I understand that there are going to be players who fail to meet a certain 'roleplay standard' but this does not become justification for you to break such a rule. If you believed that said person was in the wrong, you are fully able to request a staff member via the '@' command and the situation would be stopped IF the police officer was in the wrong. The issue with disconnecting in the way you did leaves a staff member with little context, since you left and were unable to explain. Because of this, issuing a punishment for avoiding a roleplay situation, whether you may see it as good or bad, is going to happen. Was the person breaking rules or just FailRP'ing? To me it seems like your complaint was that you were being targetted IC'ly and that these police officers were, in a sense, corrupt. There are always steps you can take IC, such as contacting their supervisor, or in an OOC manner, which would involve calling a staff member to the scene only if rule breakage had occurred. Being 'mad' isn't an excuse to D/C to avoid being arrested. Don't expect ANY roleplay server to withhold issuing a punishment for that. In your case you bring up that the officer was 'randomly' arresting people without stating the arrest reason and this is something that would be nice to see proof of but is also something a staff member could look up in logs if they wanted to. Best be kind and courteous to staff members or else you shouldn't expect them to go out of their way to verify this when you are clearly in the wrong.
Hello Allen Kennedy,

Thank you for making this unban request.

I can however be very short and clear about this.

Whether the officer had a valid reason or not to arrest you, this stays an "in-character" matter. From what I can conclude from your unban-request is that you are a profound roleplayer. Yet you have shown me to lack the ability to keep this matter in-character. The correct way, and you should have known this as a profound roleplayer, is that you would make an appointment with the president regarding said officer.

However, you took matters in your own hands by disconnecting. Something I would't call roleplay, at all.

Code:
v33x    [20:06:02]    [L²:RP] Mustang    (***)    Knocked out: Allen (STEAM_0:1:50229236) using Tazed
v33x    [20:06:21]    Allen    (STEAM_0:1:50229236)    said: @ copper crashes into me, then decides to taze and cuff me.
v33x    [20:06:21]    Allen    (STEAM_0:1:50229236)    @ Requests: copper crashes into me, then decides to taze and cuff me.
v33x    [20:06:21]    Allen    (STEAM_0:1:50229236)    said: @ copper crashes into me, then decides to taze and cuff me.
v33x    [20:06:33]    Allen    (STEAM_0:1:50229236)    has spawned as Citizen
v33x    [20:06:47]    Allen    (STEAM_0:1:50229236)    Disconnected (Disconnect by user.)

I have taken the liberty to grab some log-files to verify my point.
You indeed tried to contact an administrator, a whopping 26 seconds you waited untill taking matters in your own hands and disconnecting.

You must realize that moderators and administrators cannot respond to all the calls at once, and there shall always be a small delay before a moderator or administrator has gotten the abillity to respond to your call.
We also decide whether we must intervene or not, I personally saw your @-call, and decided not to intervene as there was clearly no rules being broken and the situation should have stayed in-character.

To state that I wasn't aware of the situation and or context, is plain wrong. I was perfectly aware what was happening.
To state that we do not do anything with @-calls is also something that is based on absolutely nothing.

I take @-calls very seriously, and the only rule that was broken, was you disconnecting to avoid a roleplaying situation.

I sincerly hope you understand my point, and will refrain from doing such action ever again.
Reviewed and denied.

I can understand your frustration, but I'm afraid that it does not justify your action. We cannot allow players to break our rules just because they feel frustrated. I'm afraid that rules have to be enforced; something that was done in your case.

I hope you understand why we enforce rules, and why we have to treat everyone fairly. Rules are rules and we staff-members have to deal with those who break it. You DID DC to avoid an RP situation as the ban states and it is therefore valid.

Ban is valid and will remain as it is.