Limelight Forums

Full Version: Let's make £1000 by April first.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Greetings,
 Bit of a 'different' thread, but I feel it could be beneficial for reasons just beyond making money. It's a way of self improvement, expanding one's entrepreneurial flare to find other ways to make money, and it also allows one to gain both a working ethic and a value of money.

So what am I suggesting?

For the next 53 days, starting tomorrow, we make an average of £19 individually a day. On the first of April, you'll have just under £1000 if you achieve this target.

Rules
No money accrued can be directly made via a standard job. If you want to work, work only for yourself.
You can sell items you do not need.
You must not spend any money made on anything, except expanding your wealth.
You can start with a maximum of £55. (For god tier mode, you start with £0.)
You should write down a daily log of your income, where it's from and how much you have made.

What do I gain from this?
Even if you do not achieve the target, there are a few things which you can gain with this competition.
  • Entrepreneurship. Undoubtedly the hardest part of making this money, although fairly small, is finding an idea which is profitable.
  • Money. Simply, you'll have saved money, which you can now spend (or invest) in anything!
  • Financial knowledge. You'll have to manage your money, and plan ahead in order to achieve the daily target.
  • Experience. Most of you are below the age of 18, and having something like this to speak of in an interview, or on your UCAS application can, and will go a long way.
  • Discipline. If you manage to pull this off, which is no easy feat, you'll have achieved some self discipline, which is a priceless commodity in all walks of life.

For anyone wishing to take part, feel free to share your daily/weekly results. I'll update this thread at least once a week with my results, and see how I get on. Hopefully you'll join me. Winner gets bragging points?

WEEK 0 
[Image: 27c8cf5ff2ef20b20362076757ab90ba.png]
interesting concept, besides the fact i have no idea how to make money with the £150 i have atm xD
(Feb 8, 2016, 06:58 PM)Barkles Wrote: [ -> ]interesting concept, besides the fact i have no idea how to make money with the £150 i have atm xD

That's the point, you go out of your way to expand your knowledge to be able to do so!

Be it IRL stockmarket, ebay, survey sites, starting a small business at school..If there's a will, there's a way!
i have been thinking of investing in the stock market, just not sure how xD I wanted to save for a 4x4 for work next year anyway haha
I'll start with a suggestion, which isn't exactly unique, but is very effective.

Coming up this Saturday is Valentines day.

Lidle UK are currently selling 12 roses for £3.
https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/our-offers-249...l&id=30840

You could buy a bouquet, and unwrap the roses, selling each one individually. If you were to get £2 for each rose, which is under priced compered to most stores, you would only need to sell roughly 60 individual roses, and you'll have made over £100!
1000£ would be around 1290€
That is a good idea, just a shame im working till after 6 every day this week haha (Midnight roses lel)

ANyway when i get back tonight im gonna have a think about to make some sweet moniez
I got over the equivalent of £1000 in scolarships already, does that count?
Place 55£ in Tesla and hope the stocks rise through the roofs before april Wink

Seriously though you guys should invest in Tesla.
I am a child...so this confuses me.
(Feb 8, 2016, 07:20 PM)Soviethooves Wrote: [ -> ]I am a child...so this confuses me.

Make £19 a day for the next 54 days

have £1000 by the first of April

=Profit?
(Feb 8, 2016, 07:20 PM)Soviethooves Wrote: [ -> ]I am a child...so this confuses me.

Oh..then let me help you
If you buy 1 candy for 1$ and then later on sells it to a friend for 2$ you made profit!
Heart
I like this concept - Jono Smile Very nice
I have around $100 in my total savings, so.... IDK where I could put it to get it that high. I was thinking about getting into the Stock Market, but its so confusing and I'm only a child. ;_;
Hmm..I make $50 a day. I think i'll be good.
Pages: 1 2 3