Limelight Forums

Full Version: Crashing when joining the server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey there,

When trying to join the server I just crash for what seems like no reason, there is no after message, Gmod just closes. It's always when I get to a certain file, it used to be something like w_wrench.xbox.atx or something like that, now it's a file with the name "graduationhat" or something along those lines. If you need anymore information, I can give that. I've tried everything short of wiping my hard drive. I've reinstalled Gmod, deleted Gmod in commons then reinstalled it, I've reinstalled the Workshop content, I've verified the integrity of the cache. Nothing seems to work.

ANY help would be appreciated, I'm dying from lack of RP guys

I will also be giving 13k ig money to anyone that finds the solution, if that helps
No help can be provided if you don't use the template.

We need more crucial information when it comes to bug-reports.

https://limelightgaming.net/forums/showt...p?tid=8010
(Jan 24, 2016, 11:11 PM)Burnett Wrote: [ -> ]No help can be provided if you don't use the template.

We need more crucial information when it comes to bug-reports.

https://limelightgaming.net/forums/showt...p?tid=8010

Ah right, wasn't aware there was a template, only just came back to LL but I'll do that now
Server [US/EU]: Limelight Evo City v33x EU
Map: v33x
Description: Gmod closes when joining server
Bug is [In-Game/On Forums/Other]: In-Game
Since when have you experienced the bug? Since about early October, I went inactive after I got no help last time
Additional Information It crashes when loading a certain file, either wrench.xbox.atx or below(see my op)
Images/Screenshots:  vgui/icons/gradution-hat.png seems to be the file it crashes on, I cant screenshot but you get the gist
Thank you.

What kind of addons are installed?
(Jan 25, 2016, 12:30 AM)Burnett Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you.

What kind of addons are installed?

All the content packs, no other addons. That includes weapons, the content packs with the orange background and the content packs with a greeny-yellow background.
Any developments
Hey Jiggles sorry for the late reply. I looked into the graduation.png file but nothing is wrong with it. Same goes with the wrench model.
The size of that file is pretty small too, so it shouldn't affect your download at all. For me this looks like a client-side issue. Could you provide two or three crash dumps please? I'll look into it once I got them.

Also - Does your game crash on US Rockford too?
I always got stuck on that but after 1-3 minutes its kept loading until it got over that part, after I got the .png file by myself now it stucks on the superdeveloper for 1-2 minutes.
(Jan 30, 2016, 08:18 PM)Burnett Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Jiggles sorry for the late reply. I looked into the graduation.png file but nothing is wrong with it. Same goes with the wrench model.
The size of that file is pretty small too, so it shouldn't affect your download at all. For me this looks like a client-side issue. Could you provide two or three crash dumps please? I'll look into it once I got them.

They are in MDMP format, I don't know what that is or how you want me to send them to you, I do have 3 crash logs. I'll try US Rockford
(Jan 30, 2016, 08:18 PM)Burnett Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Jiggles sorry for the late reply. I looked into the graduation.png file but nothing is wrong with it. Same goes with the wrench model.

I crash on US Rockford too, same file. I tried to attach the crashdump but it says file you attached is not allowed, try another type :/
(Jan 30, 2016, 10:09 PM)Jiggles Wrote: [ -> ]

They are in MDMP format, I don't know what that is or how you want me to send them to you, I do have 3 crash logs. I'll try US Rockford
I Think you open with notepad.
(Jan 30, 2016, 11:02 PM)Innovative Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jan 30, 2016, 10:09 PM)Jiggles Wrote: [ -> ]

I Think you open with notepad.

Did do, it's just quite a lot of random ass code with a few chunks of notable stuff, sifting through it would be quite difficult and that's the type of file I tried to attach, it just wouldn't do it. I guess I could use dropbox
Yes please MDMP. You can upload them on Mega.co.nz
(Jan 31, 2016, 01:33 AM)Burnett Wrote: [ -> ]Yes please MDMP. You can upload them on Mega.co.nz

https://mega.nz/#!MlNyBaoS

I will PM you the decryption key
Pages: 1 2