Limelight Forums

Full Version: Wafflezzz UnBan Request
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Your Name: Wafflezzz

Ban ID: 1566

Banned by: [L²:M] Maniac

Server: The Limelight US Rockford one

Ban Reason: PRA: D/C to avoid arrest (Ban executed by Vol)

Why should you be unbanned?:
1. My GPU is faulty (apple got sued for my model specifically also dont have the time to take it to the apple store and get a new one. Im getting a new computer instead)
2. My game is dogy, it stops responding sometimes randomly, yesterday it kept doing that and I ended up giving up playing. But on some occasions it manages to recover, but I wasnt really in the mood for waiting, so when it stopped responding, I gave it a few seconds and then force quit it. I guess today was one of those days where it might have recovered. I didn't disconnect to avoid being arrested, I would never do that on this community (love this place). If you want to test, get my exact model with the faulty GPU and then test! I wasn't lying I told the truth Sad
Here ya go (p.s. I cut parts out showing my serial number):
https://gyazo.com/ec9608ef1ec762b6b517f28fba5ca704
https://gyazo.com/df60cb568bd37057a5b298c604eb84ab
https://gyazo.com/3339d66c85672d0cb61bce7feb685739

I absolutely love Limelight and I wont ever leave it!

Evidence: I guess I dont have any Sad
I do belive when the game stopped responding and he had to force quit the game thought he was quitting so their for ti would dc manually from the server therefore the server seing a dc not a crash even though I was the one that put the br up even the vol has done the test look at his specs its not a shock
What were the exact steps of closing your game?

Please try to provide video evidence.
I know you are going to comment that you have done every bit of testing but think about it logically force quit is shuuting everything down in garrys mod quick so when this happens it dc from the server and the server sees it as a manual disconnect but realy the game has stopped responding so he had to force quit to restart
Look X gallagher98 x

When we say we have tested everything we do not mean we tested one solution and called it a day.

We tested ALL ways we could imagine, so we want to know what he did.
Ok so:
1. Im somewhere
2. My game stops responding
3. Sometimes I wait and it works again (after a minute) or sometimes im impatient and force quit it, or it quits itself. This situation I force quit it.
So to force quit you click:
1. The apple sign in the top left hand corner then Force Quit, then Select the Application and Click Force Quit on the bottom right of the window. Or you could do it this way (the way I did it), go down to your dock, then right click hl2_osx (garrysmod)
and it will say in greyed out text "Application Not Responding" you will also see a Force Quit Option which is what I clicked
when you think about it its such a logical answer
Vol, your not understanding here, it sometimes recovers but I was to impatient to wait and therefore force quit it. It's not my fault, my game randomly does it!
Im going to get someone I can trust with a mac to do some testing.

If we cant reproduce the results then you are in line for a forum ban for reals this time.
Oh my Sad get the same model as me with the faulty gpu defect and then try reproduce the results.
Can you please hear me out here!
Oh come on vol I've been speaking to him since the ban he is really upset I see his side of the storie he has a shit computer
Closed, (NOT DECIDED UPON YET)
Well it was good when it was new 5 years ago xD
edit -actually I didnt know shit about computers 5 years ago, all I know it costed over 2,000 GBP
Hi Wafflezzz,

I have one question for you regarding the situation.

After you chose to Force Quit, what were your actions following this?
Did you try to join back, did you contact another player online, etc?
Actually as soon as I crashed I joined back, but before I joined back I contacted a member of staff (obay) telling him I can give u the logs also I told another player who was playing with me.
-Edit, the chatlogs are still on my computer heres a link:
https://gyazo.com/c78f2026de52f6ef1b19d9c519010229

The timestamps are on there aswell.
Pages: 1 2