Limelight Forums

Full Version: So whatever happened to being 'extremely transparent' with donations and expenditure?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Quote:We are going to try and be extremely transparent with server donations. We're going to put up a bar that shows how much we need for server costs, and then we'll list what is stored or goes elsewhere, and what goes towards each developer/admin. If necessary, we'll be showing you logs from the donation database and from paypal/etc. statements.

We're also going to try and allow multiple payment types; not just paypal.

Quote:At some stage we'll try and set up a proper web-page for keeping track of income and expenditure, but for now I'll list expenditure here (these may be in different currencies).
Quote:Dedicated server initial cost contribution: Total £110

Obay: £20

Faustie: £90

Teamspeak license: $100 by Temar

Extra scripts:
[font=open_sansregular, Arial, sans-serif]Obay: £5 for scriptfodder[/font]
[font=open_sansregular, Arial, sans-serif]Source: https://limelightgaming.net/forums/showt...p?tid=5007[/font]
The main change from then is simply that we received less money at the start than we anticipated, so the devs/admins decided among themselves not to receive payment and to put the money back into the dedicated servers, new security assets, a few systems we needed, some models, a forum overhaul, and so on. Now that's starting to change, we'll be able to distribute money as we originally intended, alongside some reports on expenditure. We actually have a thread in the admin forum discussing this atm to sort it out.

You should, however, be able to see our monthly donation levels on the donate page, unless the code is broken in the new forums update.
That doesn't explain why the expenditures haven't been reported - whether it's for server rental costs or scriptfodder content. I mean that's something that you should really be keeping track of anyway so it'd just be a case of making the spreadsheet public.
I'm sure we can sort something like this out for you Griim, I'll see what I can find!
I didnt understand this with the other community and i dont understand it now. Why do people concern themselves with money issues which are non of their concern?
(Jan 16, 2016, 06:41 PM)Baskingner Wrote: [ -> ]I didnt understand this with the other community and i dont understand it now. Why do people concern themselves with money issues which are non of their concern?

Well, people donate to the server so their money can be used to help run and improve the service.

Therefore, it's understandable that people want to see how their money is being used and that it's not being pocketed by the owner (like many other Garry's Mod communities).

We do keep track of all expenses and will always be transparent with how much money we are receiving. Expenditure reports will be released soon.
(Jan 16, 2016, 06:41 PM)Baskingner Wrote: [ -> ]I didnt understand this with the other community and i dont understand it now. Why do people concern themselves with money issues which are non of their concern?

Somebody who donates money out of their pocket should at least be granted the ability to see where it's going.
It's every bit of their concern, it's their money.
We now have a Business Team which will cooperate with Temar and get some things written up in full as soon as possible.
Spreadsheets scare me Sad
Public Expenditure statement:

- All the money is fowarded to Burnett's wallet.
On a serious note:

People have the right to see where their money is going.
We will draft up a spreadsheet with all the income and expenses. Expect this soon
(Jan 16, 2016, 09:15 PM)Burnett Wrote: [ -> ]Public Expenditure statement:

Uhm there seems to be a problem with Burnett's account, all money will be forwarded to Project's account.

(Good job guys)
(Jan 16, 2016, 09:15 PM)Burnett Wrote: [ -> ]Public Expenditure statement:

I propose that some of Burnett's funds go towards a new ladder truck for the fire department.  We could name the new Fire Truck the 'Burnettator'.
(Jan 16, 2016, 08:48 PM)Innovative Wrote: [ -> ]Spreadsheets scare me Sad

My job revolves almost entirely around spreadsheets - they give me nightmares too.
(Jan 16, 2016, 11:17 PM)GRiiM Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jan 16, 2016, 08:48 PM)Innovative Wrote: [ -> ]Spreadsheets scare me Sad

My job revolves almost entirely around spreadsheets - they give me nightmares too.
Oh my god, I feel so bad for you Sad there's, there's just so much information in one place it... It doesn't make sense.....
Pages: 1 2