Limelight Forums

Full Version: [NEWS] Business
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
EvoCity News (10/01/15)
Business

In the aftermath of an explosive entrance made by the stock exchange, we have seen the various factions, companies and industries of EvoCity burst.
Many have adopted a dynamic approach to this change. That is, while still offering their primary services, they have opted to delve into the pharmaceutical and lumber industries.

Whatever the case, it is unanimously agreed that this has been a very exciting - and very prosperous week - for the EvoCity entrepreneurs. Let's have a look at what's happened this week:

AERIS - After uneasy negotiations, including the execution of a diplomat, announce their active hostility against the Red Hand terror cell and encourage other factions to do the same. What could this animosity towards these national criminals mean for the organisation, and for the City as a whole? Asides from this, AERI shares have looked to be volatile since the opening of the EC:SE, with them seeing a massive drop, then a slow incremental rise before seemingly holding at around the $515 mark.

Cerebrus International - An amazing week for Cererbrus shareholders. Asides from nearly eradicating security service rivals 'Cobra Military Organisation', they saw an exponential growth in their shares from the resounding victory and even an announcement on the EC:SE! Additionally, it would seem that C.I and Praetorian Banking have launched into a healthy partnership. Perhaps the busiest faction this week, managing to sell 5000 shares, crash the stock market and almost eradicate a rival all in one day! Keep an eye on these guys!

Cobra Military Organisation - War! CMO shares plummet as they are smashed in a skirmish with Cerebrus International. It's expected that CMO will attempt to launch a retaliation against their adversaries in the near future, and there is already talks of appeals to the NMIC following the crippling drop in shares. Rumours are circulating that the attack was provoked by a private contractor, perhaps a ruthless company looking to make profit? Whatever the case, CMO stocks seem to be recovering from the decimating loss they suffered, seeing a slow but steady rise back above the $500 mark per share.

Designing Tomorrow - An unusual industry that took the job market by storm! This wonderful architecture company has already been flooded by applications, despite only officially being established on the 8th of January. Share wise, D.T has seen ridiculous success in the past 24hrs, with their shares rising 25.93% at the time of this publishing. A quirky company, certainly, but it has certainly drawn attention, profit and business.

FUMUKU International - Lurch forward into the stock market with little to no announcement. FUMUKU are an odd bunch, and usually keep their operations very close to their chest. However, it seems to be working. F.I are yet to see a dramatic dip in their shares from the Stock Exchange opening and this is thought to be due to the company's interest in Arms & Munitions trade. 

Her Majesty's Foreign Office - Rule Britannia seems to have been the motif these past few days. Materialising from seemingly thin air, Her Majesty has certainly taken royalties on the Stock Market. They seemed to dominate the exchange for the first few days, having shares starting at $600. Though, as other companies have arisen to this challenge, the shadowy British Delegation seems to have remained in a holding pattern at around the $590 mark. An insider's tip, though, would be to keep a close eye on them in the near future...

National Monetary Investment Corp. - Shaking at the foundations? NMIC have seen multiple stock market crashes in the short time it's been open, and have already utilised their power to restart the exchange. However unsteady the launching days were, it seems the NMIC are determined to get to the bottom of their most recent 'Cererbrus' crash, which dramatically devalued their platform. Following rumours of a private, cunning contractor, NMIC has initiated a full-scale investigation with federal authorities to find out just what happened. Shares wise, there's nothing too interesting to say for the NMIC, we're afraid. Watch the newsfeed closely for updates on the investigation, as this will almost certainly affect shares.

Praetorian Banking -The first organised, genuine banking system that lasts for more than a day. PBNK shares were nothing too large up until early this morning, where they've seen a dramatic rise in shares! 28.84% at the time of this publishing. Rumours are circulating of the company's ruthless nature, however, and how their approach to dealing with rivals, attackers and corporate spies seemingly never come to light... Regardless, PBNK shares are amongst the most reliable if bought cheaply, and investments in this company are strongly defended by new partners, Cerebrus International.

Unity International - Unity International unfortunately seems to be a small fish in a big pond. This private security company appears to be dwarfed by the likes of AERIS, FUMUKU and Cerebrus International. Despite looking somewhat promising in the opening days of the exchange, Unity International shares are now on the drop, and in competition with the other security companies, it's unlikely this should change any time soon, unless the company has something to really gain a degree of exposure.

Major Events
AERIS DECLARE THEY WILL TAKE ACTION AGAINST TERROR CELL, 'THE RED HAND'.

CEREBRUS INTERNATIONAL SMASH COBRA, SHARES SEE DRAMATIC RISE.

COBRA SUFFER A DECIMATNG DEFEAT AT THE HANDS OF CEREBRUS, SHARES PLUMMET.

DESIGNING TOMORROW ENTER EXCHANGE WITH A BOOM.

FUMUKU TAKE INTEREST IN ARMS & MUNITIONS TRADE.

HER MAJESTY'S FOREIGN OFFICE MAKING A LOT OF PROFIT, BUT FROM WHERE?

NATIONAL MONETARY INVESTMENT CORP. LAUNCH INVESTIGATION INTO CEREBRUS INTERNATIONAL.

PRAETORIAN BANKING INITIATE PARTNERSHIP WITH CEREBRUS, SHARES RISE EXPONENTIALLY.

UNITY INTERNATIONAL STRUGGLING TO CATCH UP, WILL THIS UNDERDOG STORY HAVE A HAPPY ENDING?
Fantastic job. I'm very glad to see people taking such a huge interest in the stock market. Clan RP both on and off server has soared in recent days. This is worthy of an in-game commendation, so hit up an admin in-game when you have the chance and direct them my post here.

Just so everyone knows, forum posts like this will indeed have a tangible effect on the stock market. There has been a little OOC/IC overlap on the forums, on steam, and in teamspeak, but as it's all in the good spirit of clan/ECSE roleplay I've let it slide and have even encouraged it in occasion. If players are discussing ECSE affairs out of character and taking such a huge interest, it can only be a good thing, and I'd hardly call it meta-gaming.
This is great, i hope you continue this as we can use as many news outlets as possible. Perhaps a clan made by you to scour the server for stories?
(Jan 10, 2016, 10:15 PM)BlackDog Wrote: [ -> ]This is great, i hope you continue this as we can use as many news outlets as possible. Perhaps a clan made by you to scour the server for stories?

Already running Praetorian bud, sorry Sad

I'll try and do one every week though c:
Lord Octagon still has Evocity News, it's just not as active as it once was. I could kick up my activity and write articles again, and I'm sure I could get him to.
Loving what you're doing here, even though your post about AERIS is filled with inaccurate claims!
We never had a truce with The Red Hand, we executed their highest ranking official for god sake D;

Damn media! 

/Rant

I'm really loving what Praetorian Banking is doing. I love how you're involving yourself with all the clans and that you're putting yourself in the middle of them all. I hope to see a lot more from you!
This is great, someone give this guy a REP
Somewhat hard to read the colored text, great job though.
"Odd bunch." K den

Also OP, you missed the date by a whole year. Wink
indeed lol, #2016problems
Is there going to be any more issues of this? Was interesting,! Shame that after the initial hype has died down, forum activity seemingly has died down too!
(Jan 28, 2016, 12:28 AM)Jono Wrote: [ -> ]Is there going to be any more issues of this? Was interesting,! Shame that after the initial hype has died down, forum activity seemingly has died down too!

There sure will, I'm just really short of time :/
sorry