Limelight Forums

Full Version: [Unban Request] Binkadin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Your Name: Binkadin.

Ban ID: 128.

Banned by: Ollie.

Server: I can't remember, it was too long ago.

Ban Reason: Double accounting to avoid ban.

Why should you be unbanned?: This is a long story. I know that this violation is hard to appeal against. However, please do take this into consideration. This is not an apologetic ban, this is proof that I did not double account to receive this ban.

I had this friend who joined LimeLight with me when it first started up. This friend was under the name of Mr.Everybody. He received an initial ban on the server by breaking FearRP and reconnecting to avoid arrest. Next, he decides to jump onto another account of his I believe and get banned on it. Me, being the idiot I was, decided to put the audio output on Skype to the audio input in the server. This resulted in Ollie believing that it was his alternative account. He went on several accounts just to try and get banned to harrass Ollie.

TL;DR: I didn't double account, it was me pretending to be the person who double accounted and because he used so many accounts, he didn't even think to look at IP addresses or consider anything. It's understandable.

Evidence: Well, the largest piece of evidence I can provide is that the original account, Mr.Everybody (my friend) got banned and his IP address is different to mine as we're not on the same network. He joins on a few other accounts on the same IP address. However, I join on Binkadin and I have a different IP address to all of the other accounts. This is because it is my only account that I used on that server from my IP address. I did not use any other account personally, but Mr.Everybody did.
Pending investigation.
I remember this very well. Mr EveryBody got banned by me for fearRP then he kept joining with 6 different accounts. 5 if you're telling the truth. at that point I didn't bother to run a check because it was to obvious it was him. (his voice coming out of your mic etc)

Personally I don't believe you. If Mr. EveryBody had access to so many accounts as he told me he was " very rich" why would he need you to do his dirty work?

If admins could run a check, we would have our answer shortly i suppose, Good luck with the UBR.

EDIT: for all of Mr. EveryBody's Steam ID's his ban ID's are 122 - 128
Here is the thing: I am pretty sure that I was on the server at the same time that Mr.Everybody was banned. Therefore, it cannot be me. Also, he used to play with me on FearlessRP and therefore, was a different person. Also, just because he says he is rich doesn't mean that he is being serious. He was most likely joking.
While this unban request covers one case of double accounting there is also a second DA ban in relation to STEAM_0:0:156809150 (Ban ID: 1500)
Hello.

Let's imagine that Binkadin, my account, was banned invalidly ( which he is ). Effectively, this account shouldn't be banned as the ban isn't exactly valid. Yes - I did pretend to double account. However, if we see it from the perspective that Binkadin shouldn't technically be banned and the ban is invalid, am I still double accounting? I would be unbanned on both accounts. It's not down to me to create a verdict however. I do not know what I can say to you to convince an unban.

Something in favour of my case: I didn't get a single ban in the amount of time that I played on the server. I am telling you that I'd stay away from breaking rules where possible.
Quote:I would be unbanned on both accounts.

Those accounts being Binkadin (STEAM_0:1:22027439) and Avicii (STEAM_0:0:156809150) ?

If that's the case then you're essentially admitting to double accounting in order to bypass a ban on Binkadin that you see as invalid.
You were on the server knowing full well of the consequences of being caught regardless of your initial suspension being invalid or not. Instead of contacting staff about your ban, which is rarely ever considered on the server, you continued to role-play instead of addressing your concerns.

The bans I issued for double accounting on both Binkadin and Avicci will remain on record.
Is there technically no chance to successfully appeal to this ban?
(Jan 20, 2016, 05:17 PM)Avicii Wrote: [ -> ]Is there technically no chance to successfully appeal to this ban?

The initial ban, perhaps, but not the ones I issued.
So basically, I can get the ban removed from my record. But, I will still be permanently banned? If that's the case, so be it. But, there is not really anything I can do against this ban?
Appeal reviewed and approved.

Closing notes:
The initial suspension for double accounting will be removed from your record, however, the suspension I issued will remain on your record because you circumvented an active suspension knowing full-well of the consequences that would follow if you were caught despite the legitimacy of the initial suspension.

[L²] Nacreas
Server Administrative Team