Limelight Forums

Full Version: BR on Knox
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:42221590

Server: Which server did it happen on? v33x

Time: What time did it happen? (In GMT) somewhere between the past and the future

Summary: Prop blocked the gas station with frozen props, I asked them nicely, they said no. I got vauld to say to take it down, he said I made up what vauld said, continued to prop block. 

Evidence: [Image: D2899160A5ADB71DBF108F8E6093A5560442B9C5]

[Image: 3FAF1B83240303E8B47AA6E3491B4A984656D0A9]

[Image: AxoauhS.jpg]
I never actually had an admin talk to me... you couldve made up what vauld "Said:. Once an admin DID get on and tell me to take em down I did.... instantly.
Is there more information you can provide on this?

Depending on what he was doing this could have been allowable as the property can be owned by a player.
He was a chef in the gas station and was blocking the path. I dont see how the gas pumps can be owned by a player if there isnt two doors between it.

Each admin I talked to considered it public building.
If he owns the doors to the station, technicly he owns the land directly around it as well, much like the suburb houses, you own the front doors and such, but you also own your yard.

Much is the same with the tides hotel, if you owned all the doors within it as a group, you could lock it down and privatize it.

Such is the same with the gas stations, ive even received a commendation for my own privatized gas station dupe

[Image: 9D7405A3C12FDDBBAD3D8394CE12047A7C6AC625]

Both bays would be closed until the person would pay inside the station.

I do though recomend that in the future you design your stations on the build server first before makeing use of them on live, and to not build one on live, as the build process would just cause issues.

Overall your pictures just show what could very well be the build process of his station, you have nothing but errors inside the station so we cant see the quality of the interior.
I have the interior, It is all HQ rockford props. I have the dupe if you need to see...
Alright but if your exterior isnt the same quality as the interior in a case like this, then please do not do it.

Concrete barriers that just fade in and out of existance just dosnt make sense with your setup.

Like i said before, work on your dupe on the build server first before useing it on live, make it look nice, and logical.
I will respond with an answer to this tomorrow, please no one conclude this until then.
(Jan 6, 2016, 05:12 AM)BlackDog Wrote: [ -> ]Alright but if your exterior isnt the same quality as the interior in a case like this, then please do not do it.

Concrete barriers that just fade in and out of existance just dosnt make sense with your setup.

Like i said before, work on your dupe on the build server first before useing it on live, make it look nice, and logical.

They werent fading doors, just frozen props. nothing else.

Also I dont understand why anyone should be able to own the gas pumps, whats stopping them from blocking it and demanding 2k to even fill up your car?
He was blocking it previously to that the only way I could get fuel is to set it on fire but even then he did not do it just deleted the prop and placed it their was no sign of doing any rp of making people pay for their gas he froze them with no fading doors
I was there toward the end. He had done this for both stations. Only one attendant. In advert he declared that the stations would close at night and be reopened with a 1k fee. He did at one point create buttons and made them fading doors. However there was no role play in it. Just a constant demand for money during the refuel.

There is no way one person could man two stations and I believe this is a bit FailRP to hold a vital element in the game hostage for a 1k fee in addition to the cost of fuel.

I recorded everything so if video is needed I could upload it tonight.
Yea I stand by my statements. This stuff is super simple. The doors to BP mean you own the building, not the entire station. You're not allowed to have a monopoly on gas, that's not how gas stations work. That's like blocking the garage and charging a 5k fee to park your car, it's simply not allowed.
Vauld is correct, this is against the rules.

No one is allowed to build over the gas pumps, they are a public server service. Just as the garage, and the drug dealers. You cannot control them, the doors for BP only apply to the BP building itself. Not the gas pumps.

As this was more of a misunderstanding with the player, I do not think a punishment is necessary. However, the PR has been approved and closed.