Limelight Forums

Full Version: Abuse Report
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Name:
The Crack Fox

Time/Date:
17:38 / 18:09 (respective to evidence)

Steam ID:
STEAM_0:1:30281009

Name of Administrator:
Maniac

Evidence:

In the first video, the moderator is shown with his physgun-frozen Ford Raptor, spawning a collection of logs. The moderator then uses his noclip (as seen in evidence) to give himself stress-free ease and a construction advantage by using it to place the logs securely and perfectly alligned with his vehicle. The evidence then continues, showing the moderator using the weld tool on both the logs and the vehicle (evidence shows the car being picked up by its cargo...), meaning the prop being carried is unable to fall out or assume normal physics - which all smugglers, transporters and haulers know how much of a plague this is. Finally, the last parts of the clip show him no-colliding the prop and the vehicle, now causing the carrying prop to become fully stable and further removing all prop physics; and then later using ropes across his vehicle (administrative ability) to secure the cargo.

In the second video, the moderator is shown with his flipped vehicle - quite possibly due to cargo being carried being too heavy (prop being carried was too large to fit). The moderator is then shown uprighting and freezing his vehicle using noclip and physgun, before teleporting his passenger and removing the bugged prop - evidently proving the actions from the first video were unwarranted, dangerous and as I will now forward, an act of abuse.

Administrative Abuse within a roleplay environment is commonly defined as when a staff member uses their abilities to give themselves an advantage or benefit, whether construction, roleplay, raiding ect. Roleplaying on Garrys Mod now for many, many years across various roleplaying servers and communities, I've come to strongly believe that using noclip and administrative tools to give yourself ease with use of unnecessary advantage and special ability to build, edit, correct your personal mistakes (understandable within a roleplay/administrative sit of-course) - while players such as ourselves are left to battle with jerk-prone (which often end up killing you) vehicles, without the ability of noclip, tools or physgun-freeze to aid our building process. Again, it's an unfair and both unneeded (situational of-course) and unnecessary advantage, especially as staff are players just like us (when not on administrative duties of-course!). 

I wish to also note that prior to submitting this report, I attempted to contact 6 members of staff on the Teamspeak 3 Server across a 1-2 hour period - all of which had been active and had made a broadcast within the last five minutes of my message - and received no reply from any.

Thank you for your time, and for reading this report.
I was just giving my vehicle an extra visual addition to fit my lumberjack roleplay.
Every player can request admins to weld props to their vehicles, in order to aesthetically improve the vehicle.

My car however indeed tipped over. When I used the /flip command the logs fell out of the back, and my passenger ended up stuck in the vehicle. To avoid any complications and possible deaths (car spazzing out or flying around), I teleported my passenger safely out and lifted the vehicle carefully with my physgun. 

Quote:v33x
[19:11:47]
[L²:M] Maniac
(STEAM_0:1:33300739)
said: /FLIP

v33x
[19:11:48]
[L²:M] Maniac
(STEAM_0:1:33300739)
used command: flip
Reviewed and concluded.

I'm glad that you wish to assist Limelight by reporting staff-behaviour you find to be abusive, but I'm afraid to say that the staff-member in question has not abused his powers in any way, nor has he broken any guidelines.

Him using his no-clip like that is not abuse of powers, and we staff-members often assist other players when it comes to loading up props in their vehicle if the assistance is needed.

Having no-clip does not grant the staff-member in question any unfair advantage. This is not abuse from his side.
Moved.