Limelight Forums

Full Version: First Response Update Preview
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: lWX8C.png]

Hello Limelight community!

After reading over community suggestions and finding new areas where we can expand and update content I'm happy to announce the coming of the First Response Update! This update seeks to improve models, textures, vehicles, and our ELS system in regards to government jobs. While the update will bring a large amount of new content to the server gameplay mechanics will remain mostly the same.

[Image: lX1hG.png]

Changelog (Preview):

Playermodels:
   + New male paramedic playermodel and minimal texture editing.
   + New male firefighter playermodel and custom retexture.
   + New male police playermodel and minimal texture editing.

Light Engine:
   - Removal of VCMod
   + Addition of Photon Lighting Engine

Vehicles:
   + Ford Taurus Police Interceptor added to the police force.
   + Chevy Tahoe Police Pursuit Vehicle added to the police force.
   - Retiring of the Ford Crown Vic from the police force.
   + Civilian Crown Vic will be available for purchase.
   + Dodge Charger Police Interceptor retexture.

Features:
   - Police Taurus and Tahoe will have 5 liveries that can be switched.
   - Police Taurus and Tahoe will display a custom unit number that can be set by the player.
   - For more information regarding Photon's features visit the Photon website: https://photon.lighting/

More information will be given upon the update's public release within the next few days. Until then, enjoy some images of the future content and thank you for sticking with us thus far! We have a lot more in development and can't wait to show you guys!

- Noble
Limelight Developer

Paramedic Playermodel:

[Image: 9AC620D0560A926EF8735F9046E3B28F6328D734]

Firefighter Playermodel:

[Image: 0C70956CA13E99E867F51A3C82EC89FF7C00B258]

Police Ford Taurus Variants:

[Image: 395C63273AD235C58F70BBB7A63038EE8F17DF91]
[Image: 671E642E9321BBE066CE58768D8A163F1B493FC1]
[Image: 66294E38DF23F53AD8697C6293C39C9230677A72]
[Image: 78F9EF82D8FEF95207688B9A510C08AA3EB2EA09]

Police Chevy Tahoe Variants:

[Image: 3B232A7817DBFC0986D8CAD155A268627E9A3591]
[Image: 18576C70B2005BB863DF9202537515CB040349CE]
[Image: 62CA5F0DAEC0D0E6EE01E518A934B1EC70649773]

Police Dodge Charger Skin:

[Image: F47330A22CE700F040222F0F688F368469E17B5E]
[Image: 5754251542816C4E75F8BBF80375ABDF929B1DED]

[Image: lX2dN.png]
Great update guys! Made me want to jump back on GMOD but these finals! Ugh...
This looks amazing!
Cannot wait to play the servers tomorrow and check out the new models, cars and the civ crown vic!
Auston has finally had his dream come true..
(Dec 16, 2015, 02:07 AM)Blurr Wrote: [ -> ]This looks amazing!
Cannot wait to play the servers tomorrow and check out the new models, cars and the civ crown vic!
Auston has finally had his dream come true..

This is just a preview of the update, it's not live on the servers now. We're working to have it ready to go within the next few days.
I can't like it more than once! I umm... can't wait. New firefighter models....

And a Tahoe vehicle, great addition, man. This is a great update!
What the FUCK!?

Do NOT retire the Vic
My god! This must be one of the best updates we ever had! Good work dev team! ♡
Also, whats with these ugly monotone skins? We need Black and Whites
(Dec 16, 2015, 02:23 AM)Stomm Wrote: [ -> ]What the FUCK!?

Do NOT retire the Vic

The model for the vehicle is much older than these and does not support all the new features that Photon has to offer (like the custom unit numbers, livery system, lightbar selections, etc.)

That is why we're offering a civilian variant to those who love the vehicle so much.
FINALLY SUV'S AND PHOTON!!!!!!
(Dec 16, 2015, 02:34 AM)Noble Wrote: [ -> ]
(Dec 16, 2015, 02:23 AM)Stomm Wrote: [ -> ]What the FUCK!?

Do NOT retire the Vic

The model for the vehicle is much older than these and does not support all the new features that Photon has to offer (like the custom unit numbers, livery system, lightbar selections, etc.)

That is why we're offering a civilian variant to those who love the vehicle so much.

It was the first vehicle Photon supported, and you already have skins for it, so just add the new one.

And again, make those new skins Black with White Doors/Roof. All white looks AWFUL

Keep the Vic.
(Dec 16, 2015, 02:45 AM)Stomm Wrote: [ -> ]It was the first vehicle Photon supported, and you already have skins for it, so just add the new one.

And again, make those new skins Black with White Doors/Roof. All white looks AWFUL

Keep the Vic.

There are only 2 vehicles that fully support the new Aurora Update to Photon and that's the Tahoe and Taurus, not the Vic. The new Photon update also has a livery system, rather than fighting against it and retexturing 2 vehicles with 5 liveries a piece (that's 10 separate skins) we're bringing the Charger into the fold with a similar design until/if it's updated as well. 

Sorry you hate so much of the update, but I'm unable to cater the entire thing to you due to the time and work necessary to accomplish everything you want.
Calm down, I was just expressing my opinions, mainly that the vehicles would look better with a slight change to match the majority of U.S. Police vehicles, and that from what I knew the Vic would be easy to bring up to snuff.
(Dec 16, 2015, 01:49 AM)Noble Wrote: [ -> ]   - Retiring of the Ford Crown Vic from the police force.

Do you want to fucking die.
Can't believe people are getting so hostile about this, the majority of the community moan when there's a lasp in updates but then moan that they don't want updates. You haven't even tried the new alternatives and your already complaining feel sorry for the developers working there arse off to get updates for you guys out and of all things getting threatened for doing so. Pathetic. 

On topic looks great photon has progressed leaps and bounds over vcmod recently looking forward to trying out the content. I personally appreciate the commitment the new and old devs have put into this, hope I'm speaking for the majority of the community as well.
Pages: 1 2