Limelight Forums

Full Version: Why are we orange?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I'm loving the new website theme and garry's mod HUD, but what's with the orange? I thought the community was called Limelight!
Because oranges and limes go hand-in-hand with each other.

[Image: orange-and-lime.jpg]
[Image: Welp+i+guess+it+s+time+to+cut+off+my+arm...bd0ba6.jpg]
(Dec 8, 2015, 08:14 PM)GRiiM Wrote: [ -> ]Because oranges and limes go hand-in-hand with each other.

[Image: orange-and-lime.jpg]

I'm colourblind, can't tell the difference between those anyway.

No seriously which is which
The two small ones at the front are oranges and the back two larger ones are limes.
Limelight is our name. Limelight is a word and it is defined as "the focus of public attention".

Just because we are called Limelight doesn't mean that we should go with a lime-green colour. We did however roll with a lime-green colour in the start but the colour was just too sharp and didn't fit in. I personally find this new theme a lot prettier and easier on the eyes.
(Dec 8, 2015, 11:55 PM)Enzyme Wrote: [ -> ]Limelight is our name. Limelight is a word and it is defined as "the focus of public attention".

Just because we are called Limelight doesn't mean that we should go with a lime-green colour. We did however roll with a lime-green colour in the start but the colour was just too sharp and didn't fit in. I personally find this new theme a lot prettier and easier on the eyes.

[Image: PgBktuY.jpg]

Agreed.
cba to recolor the icons but you can tell that orange is better.
I am loving the orange forums and HUD, yet for those who want the "lime" in Limelight, could we have a green theme too? You can pick between the two at the bottom of the thread Smile