Limelight Forums

Full Version: University!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In this topic, we discuss our plans for university. That includes where, what and when!

I'll start off!

Just applied to Uni via UCAS last week for Accountancy & Finance. (I'll update how I do if anyone cares.)

So far:
Durham University
Southampton University (Got offer today!)
Nottingham University
University of Exeter
University of Kent (Another offer! Big Grin)

So what about you: Any people applying this year, and if not, what do you wish to apply for in the future?
Going to a technical college near me to get an associates degree in Criminal Justice. After getting the degree and completing the police academy at that college, get a job in my field and make them pay for the 2 more years to get a bachelor's degree.
Lets see ill be applying for audio engineering at

Solent Southampton
Christchurch Canterbury
Hertfordshire
ACM

I just need to get that application in xD
Currently a junior at Clemson Universtiy and majoring in Graphic Communications.
Graduated just last week from Teesside University, I did a bachelor of arts in 3D animation.
(Dec 2, 2015, 02:31 AM)GRiiM Wrote: [ -> ]Graduated just last week from Teesside University, I did a bachelor of arts in 3D animation.

If visited there before to conduct destructive and non-destructive material testing. It's a pretty cool place
Grats Griim!

I'll hopefully be trotting off to UK for Uni because no way in hell am I going to stay here longer than I have to.
Prospective Unis (plan to do law, most likely) as they stand right now would be:

Oxford
St Andrews
Kings College
Reading

Here's hoping I get the grades ay?
Transferring to the University of California in Davis, two years give or take. It's that or Cal Poly in SLO.

I want to major in mechanical engineering.
(Dec 2, 2015, 12:15 PM)Safira Wrote: [ -> ]Grats Griim!

I'll hopefully be trotting off to UK for Uni because no way in hell am I going to stay here longer than I have to.
Prospective Unis (plan to do law, most likely) as they stand right now would be:

Oxford
St Andrews
Kings College
Reading

Here's hoping I get the grades ay?

Why reading? Doesn't fit with the caliber of the other Unis you've mentioned.

Good plan to have though, could potentially be minted if you go down the right path. *cough* CORPORATE LAW *cough*
Starting bachelor degree in pharmaceutical chemistry next summer, after that I'm getting a candidate degree in neuropharmacology
(Dec 1, 2015, 05:54 PM)Jono Wrote: [ -> ]In this topic, we discuss our plans for university. That includes where, what and when!

I'll start off!

Just applied to Uni via UCAS last week for Accountancy & Finance. (I'll update how I do if anyone cares.)

So far:
Durham University
Southampton University (Got offer today!)
Nottingham University
University of Exeter
University of Kent (Another offer! Big Grin)

So what about you: Any people applying this year, and if not, what do you wish to apply for in the future?

I'll be applying in 2016 for a course to start in 2017 (after my A Levels). Unfortunately, my year is the first year to have these new 'linear' type of A Levels, although thankfully some remain as the AS/A2, like Maths.

Excellent selection there man! Congrats on your offers.

I'm looking at doing something science related - more specifically physics.

So far I'm looking at Physics or Natural Sciences, usually you can apply for a mixture.
  • Cambridge (any college)
  • Durham University
  • Warwick
The final two I'm undecided - perhaps a London university, but unlikely since I'd rather get out of London for a while. Fucking expensive. Durham is an excellent university, just a long way away from London, haha.

Most of these will require an A* or two at A Level, which seems increasingly difficult, especially since the science A Levels no longer have AS exams! But who knows? A lot of work is necessary, but I'm willing to try my damnedest.
I opted out of university but nevertheless good luck to you all Smile
Update for myself!
Got offers from Kent, Southampton & Exeter, and still waiting on Nottingham. Unfortunately was denied by Durham, but the feedback they provided essentially suggested I should reapply next year for a sister course instead, which is not too bad.

Also have some other routes I've applied for, one of which is a BP Oil Trader job, which I've passed the vetting and online tests, and am awaiting to schedule an interview sometime in the next week.

Perhaps more excitingly for myself, I've also got through to the final stages of an apprenticeship with J.P. Morgan, in which I will find the result in the next fortnight! Very exciting stuff, and have a lot of options open to me currently.

That's all for this short statement of self affirmation. lol
Applying for chemistry. Manchester or UCL most likely.
Update

Audio engineering is my one

Offers from: Solent (Joint first choice atm Big Grin) and Hertfordshire

i still need an interview from Backstage Academy

I turned down an interview at ACM due to personal commitments and im waiting on Canterbury Christchurch but that was just a backup choice as its local.