Limelight Forums

Full Version: Server population recently
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I haven't been on the server for some weeks, again but a week ago I was about to join the server but it was near to empty and it's been like that ever since.

What's going on? Where'd everyone go? Did something bad happen or what?
(Nov 24, 2015, 05:13 PM)Joulle Wrote: [ -> ]I haven't been on the server for some weeks, again but a week ago I was about to join the server but it was near to empty and it's been like that ever since.

What's going on? Where'd everyone go? Did something bad happen or what?

Fallout 4 my dear friend
Yes, it does seem that fallout 4 is a big reason for that. I'm hoping that when the holidays come and go, we will start to see more people back in when they exhaust the game.
I think it's fair to expect an increase, albeit steady in the near future.
We've had a few more players today which is always a good sign. Once the US dedi comes out in addition to our new forum theme, we'll be set.
Can't say I haven't locked myself in, closed the curtains never leaving the house since fo4 came out, other than for the pizza guy Tongue
I agree with the Fallout 4 topic, although I have suddenly lost interest in Garry's Mod and PC Gaming as a whole recently.
Since starting a new job, having college assignments and not enough time on my plate for games I have been pushed away, this is a shame although I may join now and again when I have time.

Christmas Holidays are coming! I am guessing may school students and college students + will have a break from education, work etc to play more games Children/Player + Games = Player base goes ^^^

I did make a player base thread - https://limelightgaming.net/forums/showt...p?tid=6794
(Nov 25, 2015, 01:44 AM)Chocolate Labrador Wrote: [ -> ]Make things enjoyable and not having to rely on friends to play with you just to get a laugh.

Now that you mention this, I do find most of the rp way too serious and generic for my taste and some players I encounter on the server seem unapproachable as in they want to do their own rp and not interact much with the surroundings. Wouldn't be the first time we've been overpaid to go away for good. We're a bit annoying sometimes but that's also part of the rp world, to find silly and weird people, not just generic men in suits driving expensive cars with their partner and doing who knows what in their apartments where no one is ever invited.

Which is why I usually end up playing with my friends and I do enjoy it a lot, but I wish we could include other people more permanently on to our rp more often since we could do so much more.

I was never a huge fan of doing all the /me does this and that and /it happens, some people seem to overdo it. To me it often feels like just watching generic real life situations one doesn't really need to explain in order to get the picture of the situation. Some things can be left to the imagination or if you're going to use /me and /it, at least do it properly and try to make it interesting. There is no need to express your character's feelings and doings when it only makes it feel like a boring queue where no one wants to stay.

I prefer more of a semi serious kind of rp and the aggressive kind is definitely my kind of thing. Of course you can do aggressive rp badly which most people seem to actually do, as far as I know. We strive to roleplay our aggressive rp as well as we can and make our characters actually have character and not feel like every day's empty shells.

Also what happened to neighborhoods? Did everyone suddenly get bored of having some sort of background like a home for their character? Every day it seems like I see less and less houses just meant for living. You can still do those weird things and whatever you like in your house, yard, balcony etc.

I know this all sounds a lot like generalization and complaining but the point is, I come on the server to enjoy something different than real life. Something refreshing, something I can't do in real life without irreversible consequences. I come on the server to fly, to feel a different world without the chains binding me not to do the horrible things I can't do in real life (sounded better in my head). 

I can be that weird guy next door, if I want without people shunning me every time they see me after I've done something weird. I can be that bad guy who kidnaps people just because the boss told to do so and not to ask any questions, I can be the stereotypical russian weapon smuggler who drinks vodka all day and is tipsy even during a business situation and so on.

Now that I've ranted for some time I'll just conclude this and go to bed:
I just want to see my kind of interesting RPs more often. It doesn't have to be a showoff super market all the time. it can just be something as simple as a succesful kidnap situation and don't always strive to be a professional criminal with assault rifles. Just make it happen the way you enjoy it most. Don't force RPs, just make it happen as you were meant to do it. As our dear friend Bob says: "Just go out and talk to a tree. Make friends with it." -you figure out what I think it means in this situation Tongue
We are, as a community just getting the ball rolling to speed.  Internally there has been a lot of changes and improvements and staff have gotten together to get things i.e Expanding, Advertising, Content and Stability.

However it is not JUST the staff team that are needed to make this work.  We would be nothing with you guys and it's you guys what make us what we are today and what we will potentially become larger in the near future.  The more friendly and welcoming our community is as a whole will attract more players!  Basically, we are all here for the fun and hobbies and I personally take a lot of pride in all of us as a whole.  I ain't giving up on this amazing community, we have a lot of potential and it's not something I want to throw away.