Limelight Forums

Full Version: Since when did LimeLight staff become the GMod police?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When a community starts punishing players for what they do on other servers that have nothing to do with them it's a little worrying. A while ago Darthvirus was minging around on DarkRP servers and was banned from LL because it was reported to Nacreas by the server owner (worth noting that they are apparently friends). There is nothing in the rules that states LL members are not allowed to minge on other communities and while an UBR was approved, the ban stayed on Darthvirus's record and was refused to be removed.
Yesterday to show how ridiculous this is I recorded myself rdming on a DarkRP server and made a ban request on myself, fully expecting to be banned and of course I was (It was still not in the server rules that I could not).

Now, today I see that Darthvirus has been permbanned from LL because staff from FL claims that he DDoSed them without providing any actual evidence from what can tell. Is LL that scared of FL now and will bend over for them? Here's the conversation between Darthvirus and the accusing staff members about the situation.

Quote:Darthvirus™: Could you now tell me why you've permanently banned me?
[L²] Nacreas: Your little situation with Another Community is unacceptable.
Darthvirus™: I havent been on Another Community in a long time
Darthvirus™: If I remember corerctly, I have been banned for 2 months
[L²] Nacreas: It was reported to us that you launched at DDoS attack on Another Community by their administrative staff.
[L²] Nacreas: a*
Darthvirus™: I am 13 years old how do you expect me to DDoS Another Community?
[L²] Nacreas: There are many ways, Darthvirus. A simple Google search can prove useful.
Darthvirus™: Darthvirus™: u back 2 Another Community?
[Another Community:RP] Oper #PrayForParis: Ye.
Darthvirus™: and a few weeks ago you were gonna hack em :c
Darthvirus™: well ive been working for 4 hours and finally got a hydrogen rocket made
Darthvirus™: no idea if its functional
Darthvirus™: ill find out tomoz
[Another Community:RP] Oper #PrayForParis: someone ddos'd Another Community
[Another Community:RP] Oper #PrayForParis: lo
[Another Community:RP] Oper #PrayForParis: all servers are down and so is the forums.
Darthvirus™: gg
Darthvirus™: yay Another Community ddos'd Big Grin
Darthvirus™: totally not me
Darthvirus™: this is just a little bit of banta with me and him
[L²] Nacreas: Well I suggest you clear that up with Another Community before you come back to LimeLight.
[L²] Nacreas: We can't have members of this community bringing bad light to us.
Darthvirus™: And why is the ban reason just "Redacted"? I have the rights to know why I was banned before I post a UBR
[L²] Nacreas: It was requested by senior staff members to not escalate the situation.
[L²] Nacreas: Darth, take a break and sort yourself out.
Darthvirus™: Do you have proper evidence that I ddod's Another Community? If not then you can't do shit
[L²] Nacreas: Is that so?
[L²] Nacreas: You're assuming that this wasn't discussed internally.
Darthvirus™: If you don't have proper evidence you can't do shit to me
[L²] Nacreas: Sort your shit with Another Community, change your attitude and then you may come back.
Darthvirus™: My attitude? My attitude is perfectly fine. Of course I get angry when I get perm'd for something I didn't do, and there isn't even evidence that I did so.
[L²] Nacreas: You were reported for misconduct (DDoS) at yet another community. Clearly your attitude is at fault here.
Darthvirus™: I was reported for it? Yet there was no evidence given that I did so.
[L²] Nacreas: Come on TeamSpeak with some of my fellow staff members.

(backup if they try to censor it again, also on my Steam account for now: https://pastebin.com/pG4hNB8F )

I'm sure that a few of us here have bad reputations with FL so what happens if we get into an argument with an FL staff member and they claim that we had DDoSed too? Will we get a perm ban?
For community members this is a pretty unsettling thought. What has happened to LimeLight, it seems to be getting worse by the day recently.
LimeLight's going to shit. That's all I have to say.
(Aug 17, 2015, 06:59 PM)Faustie link Wrote: [ -> ]Evening everyone,

I'd just like to make a quick announcement regarding our policy towards the Another Community community; I don't have much time today so I may elaborate on this later, but I'll try to cover the main points.

DDoS attacks - We do not, never have, and never will support DDoS attacks against Another Community or any other community. If you attack Another Community, you are not doing us a favour; rather, you are heightening tensions and making things worse for both communities. Anyone caught DDoSing or even discussing DDoS attacks against Another Community may be banned for inciting tensions. Limelight staff itself are fully supportive of Another Community, and while we did remove our old proprietary security from there, Burnett and myself have helped Soul once or twice in order to get things up and running again.

Regarding SoulRipper - Of course, there has been a lot of banter regarding him, but this has all too often devolved into personal attacks. We do not find this acceptable, and those who bully SoulRipper on our forums, servers, or teamspeak will be banned. We will not, of course, be policing the Another Community forums, but if SoulRipper chooses to ban you there for the same reason, that is just. This goes for the rest of the Another Community staff, such as CodedBrain.

'Rival' communities - While obviously there is what seems to be a rivalry between our two communities, we do not wish to perpetuate this. We have chosen not to blacklist their community name from their forums; while they have, this is SoulRipper's decision and we will not comment on it. I must admit that staff from both communities have, at times, been overly childish on the Another Community forums or on Steam. We have already spoken to our staff team and warned them that enough is enough; if any LimeLight admins continue to display childish behaviour regarding Another Community, they will suffer consequences here. I would hope that Another Community takes a similar policy, but again, that is Soulripper's decision, not mine.

Updates - It is true that they have used a lot of our hard work, sometimes without credit, but likewise, a huge amount of the CityRP code is Soulripper's hard work, and Mavis' too, and we should be giving them more credit. We will be ensuring that the credits section reflects this. While it seems that once or twice they have copied our updates and we have copied theirs, I can assure you that this is not the case; there have simply been similar suggestions, and many updates that were pushed were in progress before the split.

I have spoken to SoulRipper numerous times, and while there are still tensions to work out, we are both looking forwards to continuing as two friendly competitive communities. While yesterday we suffered a massive attack which was related to the community hostilities, this was not endorsed by SoulRipper and he has no blame in it; it is a separate case which, for the time being, will be kept secret for security. I apologize for the secrecy, but it is currently necessary. SoulRipper and myself will be working hard to improve relations between ourselves and the two communities, and I hope that members from both LimeLight and Another Community follow suit.

I wish the best of luck to SoulRipper and Another Community and, of course, to LimeLight. I hope that you all understand the message I am trying to convey.

Yours,
Faustie
(Nov 15, 2015, 04:06 PM)Nacreas link Wrote: [ -> ][quote author=Faustie link=topic=1123.msg10540#msg10540 date=1439830787]
Evening everyone,

I'd just like to make a quick announcement regarding our policy towards the Another Community community; I don't have much time today so I may elaborate on this later, but I'll try to cover the main points.

DDoS attacks - We do not, never have, and never will support DDoS attacks against Another Community or any other community. If you attack Another Community, you are not doing us a favour; rather, you are heightening tensions and making things worse for both communities. Anyone caught DDoSing or even discussing DDoS attacks against Another Community may be banned for inciting tensions. Limelight staff itself are fully supportive of Another Community, and while we did remove our old proprietary security from there, Burnett and myself have helped Soul once or twice in order to get things up and running again.

Regarding SoulRipper - Of course, there has been a lot of banter regarding him, but this has all too often devolved into personal attacks. We do not find this acceptable, and those who bully SoulRipper on our forums, servers, or teamspeak will be banned. We will not, of course, be policing the Another Community forums, but if SoulRipper chooses to ban you there for the same reason, that is just. This goes for the rest of the Another Community staff, such as CodedBrain.

'Rival' communities - While obviously there is what seems to be a rivalry between our two communities, we do not wish to perpetuate this. We have chosen not to blacklist their community name from their forums; while they have, this is SoulRipper's decision and we will not comment on it. I must admit that staff from both communities have, at times, been overly childish on the Another Community forums or on Steam. We have already spoken to our staff team and warned them that enough is enough; if any LimeLight admins continue to display childish behaviour regarding Another Community, they will suffer consequences here. I would hope that Another Community takes a similar policy, but again, that is Soulripper's decision, not mine.

Updates - It is true that they have used a lot of our hard work, sometimes without credit, but likewise, a huge amount of the CityRP code is Soulripper's hard work, and Mavis' too, and we should be giving them more credit. We will be ensuring that the credits section reflects this. While it seems that once or twice they have copied our updates and we have copied theirs, I can assure you that this is not the case; there have simply been similar suggestions, and many updates that were pushed were in progress before the split.

I have spoken to SoulRipper numerous times, and while there are still tensions to work out, we are both looking forwards to continuing as two friendly competitive communities. While yesterday we suffered a massive attack which was related to the community hostilities, this was not endorsed by SoulRipper and he has no blame in it; it is a separate case which, for the time being, will be kept secret for security. I apologize for the secrecy, but it is currently necessary. SoulRipper and myself will be working hard to improve relations between ourselves and the two communities, and I hope that members from both LimeLight and Another Community follow suit.

I wish the best of luck to SoulRipper and Another Community and, of course, to LimeLight. I hope that you all understand the message I am trying to convey.

Yours,
Faustie
[/quote]
LimeLight is going to shit.
So what evidence was there besides their word, I assume you have some correct?
Also it doesn't mention any other communities besides FL
(Nov 15, 2015, 04:15 PM)GRiiM link Wrote: [ -> ]So what evidence was there besides their word, I assume you have some correct?

As I said in the conversation, Darthvirus needs to sort his situation over on the other community before he can come back.
(Nov 15, 2015, 04:17 PM)Nacreas link Wrote: [ -> ][quote author=GRiiM link=topic=2763.msg26543#msg26543 date=1447596919]
So what evidence was there besides their word, I assume you have some correct?

As I said in the conversation, Darthvirus needs to sort his situation over on the other community before he can come back.
[/quote]

Why, what does that community have to do with this one?
And why are you just listening to their word alone without evidence, I'm sure if they had an argument with a staff member and claimed that they DDoSed Another Community you wouldn't react this way. They sure as hell ain't the most trusted people around, remember when SoulRipper got someone to DDoS LimeLight that week? What am I saying, of course you do, that's probably why you're doing this shit without questioning them.

Which point in that quote did Darthvirus breach?
Quote:Anyone caught DDoSing or even discussing DDoS attacks against Another Community may be banned for inciting tensions.
This? If that's so then where is the evidence to back it up that still has not been provided?
We were informed regarding the accused player DDOSing the other community. While this was being investigated further, a ban was issued for security reasons.

CASE FILE:

Name: [λ³] Darthvirus™  - STEAM_0:1:68752861
Currently banned for: DDoS Attack on another community. Impersonating staff-member from Limelight Gaming with the purpose to minge.

(Aug 17, 2015, 06:59 PM)Faustie link Wrote: [ -> ]DDoS attacks - We do not, never have, and never will support DDoS attacks against Another Community or any other community. If you attack Another Community, you are not doing us a favour; rather, you are heightening tensions and making things worse for both communities. Anyone caught DDoSing or even discussing DDoS attacks against Another Community may be banned for inciting tensions. Limelight staff itself are fully supportive of Another Community, and while we did remove our old proprietary security from there, Burnett and myself have helped Soul once or twice in order to get things up and running again.

Evidence:
Fake [L²] Enzyme profile:
[Image: 77afe04f1f34915a0135fab5c103a54a.png]
https://steamcommunity.com/id/darthvirus/

[L²] Enzyme real profile:
[Image: 1191f5194f9ec8d08ec697d3534de26c.png]
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198022573796/

Quote:L²:RP] Lizard #PrayforParis: ?
Darthvirus™: thanks
[L²:RP] Lizard #PrayforParis: ?
Darthvirus™: thats all i needed
Darthvirus™: [L²:
Darthvirus™ has changed their name to [L²] Nacreas.
[L²:RP] Lizard #PrayforParis: Really
[L²] Nacreas: yes really
[L²] Nacreas: im gonna minge on darkrp
[L²:RP] Lizard #PrayforParis: You cant do that.....
[L²] Nacreas: Oh yes I can.
[L²:RP] Lizard #PrayforParis: Seb
[L²] Nacreas: I'm already perm'd so tell me why can I not?
[L²:RP] Lizard #PrayforParis: me and you are friends and all but dont ruin the one server I play on
[L²:RP] Lizard #PrayforParis: by givingi t a bad reputation
[L²] Nacreas: It's given itself a bad rep
[L²] Nacreas: By banning me for being accused of ddosing Another Community
[L²] Nacreas has changed their name to [L²] Enzyme.

The evidence here shows that the accused player is impersonating LimelightGaming staff in order to minge on other communities and hurt the name and reputation of our community; an action that can lead to Limelight being attacked in revenge.

[Image: 20cd89772910a33d2e310f92a82d212c.png]

https://limelightgaming.net/index.php?topic=2728.0

The evidence shows that the accused player (Darthvirus) is currently ingame on another community impersonating LL staff with the intention to minge and cause harm and hurt the name and reputation of LimeLightGaming to get revenge for the ban that is currently applied.

DDOS:
[Image: bb49181f441460ba27b89466c1a782bf.png]

More evidence that shows the accused player minging on purpose with LimeLight tags in order to hurt and get LimeLight in trouble:
[Image: cd82b2dded4da2433b6f81110df4ce55.jpg]
https://www.youtube.com/user/NovaAnimationsYT/videos

Darthvirus linked his Youtube-account himself on the following thread:
https://limelightgaming.net/index.php?to...rdseen#new

Summary:

The evidence collected proves that the accused players has hostile intentions towards LimeLight. The evidence shows that the accused player says he DDOSed the ol' community. It also shows that he's impersonating LL staff while going on another server with hostile intentions; something he admits himself. I see no reason why the accused player "Darthvirus" should be given another chance here on LimeLight with the actions and behaviour that he's showing.

CASE CLOSED. Player will remain perma-banned.