Limelight Forums

Full Version: Fire Chief Suburban
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Having fun with the new Suburban, fire variation.  However, while driving it around there are a few things that I noticed that could be tweaked/bugged...

- The Suburban is still considered to be an SSA vehicle.  When you type /resupply it tells me that only SSA can use it, also SSA members can use my vehicle to resupply.
- The engine sounds are... aggressive?  It seems to keep revving up while idle, doing knocking sounds and just seems to be off.  I didn't notice this much on the SSA Suburban.
- The Suburban can be repainted, I can use the gas station to switch skins, including Police, Chicago Police, NYC Police and variations of military, etc.
- While unlocked anyone can enter the back of the vehicle and walk around inside, similar to the Ambulance but less realistic.

Overall, very happy with the new vehicle.  If these things could be tweaked a bit, the better.
- I'll fix the resupply bugs as soon as I can. It's a simple fix, but in the code is considers them to be the same vehicle; they effectively are, just with a reskin.
- It shares the exact same vehicle script as the SS Suburban, so that's probably just coincidental. I do agree that we could do with new sounds for the vehicle, but there aren't many good sounds available for vehicles on gmod. Still, I'll look into it.
- I can fix this soon.
- Not quite sure why this occurs but I think it's due to the model. Unfortunately I don't think this is a very easy fix, as you'd need to tweak the model. I'll ask a few people who know more about this, but I'm not sure if this can be fixed immediately.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll see what I can do about points 1 and 3 later tonight, and I'll investigate the others.
Sounds good, thanks!