Limelight Forums

Full Version: War of Rights by Campfire Games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: NknSG2h.jpg]

https://www.youtube.com/embed/fUluC6QHS7I

Okay guys, holy shit. This game looks so amazing. If you're a history buff like me and are quite fond of the American Civil War, check this out.

So the game is called War of Rights, and, from what I've seen from the trailers, there are many things to do. They'll have tons of maps but as of now the trailers only show the Battle of Antietam. Anyway, here's an excerpt from the Kickstarter page. They're about half way funded as of now.

Here are some of the features listen on the page:

Historical authenticity: War of Rights aims to recreate the events of the Maryland campaign of 1862 during the American Civil War as best as possible.

Vast battlefields: Each battlefield has been carefully researched and recreated in CRYENGINE® close to a 1:1 scale. After all this work, roads, houses, fields and forests of the era will be placed as close as possible to where they existed back in the day.

Key locations: Historical key areas such as the Dunker Church or Burnside Bridge will play a vital part as objectives in both the smaller Skirmishes and in the huge historical battles for players to fight over.

Authentic reload: Reloading a percussion black powder rifle is a time consuming task that will present the player with the choice of continuing the reload or stop and try to win the day with the trusty bayonet when faced with a charging enemy. And as a last minute resort, you might be lucky enough to have a smaller gun on you with a single bullet to save your life.

Realistic ballistics: Rifle flip-up sights will be needed for making shots over greater distances, and players will require mastering the slower bullet speeds of the era.

Fouling: Firing a black powder weapon is a messy affair, and thus your weapon will start fouling as you continue to shoot. The more fouled the weapon becomes, the higher the chance of misfires or delayed fires, which in the battlefield means you won’t live to tell your tale.

Team play is king: War of Rights features regiments with distinct classes such as Private, Sergeant, Colonel and Flag Bearer as well as a regiment-specific tailored respawn system. Players will quickly learn the advantages of sticking together. And later on we’ll introduce two additional branches: Artillery and Cavalry to spice things up.

Chain of command system: The very first version of the chain of command system will be the relation between the officer and his regiment. Each regiment commander is able to issue direct orders such as: charge, fix bayonets, hold your ground and move to, with special buffs to the people obeying (think of it as a morale boost). Later on, we’ll be adding Generals to the field as well. These tactical masterminds will be able to coordinate their units to their fullest potential.

And I find it interesting that they plan to release the game in several stages. I'm not sure how this will turn out.

Photos:
Here's the link for the kickstarter. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/194...-of-rights
Looks interesting, bookmarking.
I've known about this for a long time, I'm really excited for it. Maybe I can finally scream CHARGE without getting sprayed by an assault rifle.
(Oct 25, 2015, 11:23 PM)Preditor link Wrote: [ -> ]I've known about this for a long time, I'm really excited for it. Maybe I can finally scream CHARGE without getting sprayed by an assault rifle.

Instead it'll be a .58 caliber gatling gun that does you in. Wink
I believe Mount and Blade Napoleonic Wars is like this game but graphics, reloading and other general stuff are pretty bad. This game has a much better mechanics system like the movement, reloading and graphics in general are much better than Mount and Blade. Another game I do know which is like that but is not first person or anything is:
https://youtu.be/E2TmbmtmxHw
I'm sold.
(Oct 26, 2015, 01:00 PM)WinterOak link Wrote: [ -> ]I believe Mount and Blade Napoleonic Wars is like this game but graphics, reloading and other general stuff are pretty bad. This game has a much better mechanics system like the movement, reloading and graphics in general are much better than Mount and Blade. Another game I do know which is like that but is not first person or anything is:
https://youtu.be/E2TmbmtmxHw

Empire: Total War is nothing like War of Rights. I mean I guess one could draw a few similarities from each game considering a general rank will be implemented, who sends orders to officers on the battlefield, but other than that, it's nothing like it. Except for the Napoleonic Warfare used during the civil war, but that was used mostly throughout the whole of Europe and the United States (Except for like the Continental Army using guerrilla tactics but hey, I'm sure that would happen in War of Rights as well, as it did happen during the American Civil War at some points).
The U.S Civil war was very bloody, our bloodiest war because we fought it using traditional tactics with modern weaponry. Unlike 1815 or 1776 muskets were very accurate. I had ancestors fight on both sides and it's one of my favorite wars I like to learn about, that and I'm also a Virginian so Civil war stuff is everywhere around here Big Grin
(Oct 27, 2015, 12:04 AM)Preditor link Wrote: [ -> ]The U.S Civil war was very bloody, our bloodiest war because we fought it using traditional tactics with modern weaponry. Unlike 1815 or 1776 muskets were very accurate. I had ancestors fight on both sides and it's one of my favorite wars I like to learn about, that and I'm also a Virginian so Civil war stuff is everywhere around here Big Grin

I believe during the war of 1812 we used rifled muskets, but I may be mistaken. Nevertheless the war was extremely violent as we used weapons that could completely devastate a human (I mean a .58 caliber rifle could easily crown a soldier marching straight towards it) with Napoleonic tactics.

But anyway, I'm so in love with this game right now, I can't wait until they release it to kikcstarters.
I think I remember the civil war being one of the messier because of the new kind of bullets being used with muskets, minie ball I think it was. Because of the different shape(more bullet than musket ball), it was more accurate than its predecessor,  and it caused bones to shatter upon impact, so severely in fact that it's directly responsible for the number of amputations seen throughout the war.
Being a Virginian i was grown up around the new streets that once where apart  of that History and it was all around me so i cant wait to see this game's release and finally see this time period alive and in action.