Limelight Forums

Full Version: I want a good video program
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want a very good program that I can record videos with for BR and Roleplays and it will not make my FPS slow have any advices?. Put it down.
(Oct 25, 2015, 06:10 AM)ChosenKuN link Wrote:I want a very good program that I can record videos with for BR and Roleplays and it will not make my FPS slow have any advices?. Put it down.
Fraps if you have a good hard drive.
If you have a compatible GPU then Nvidia Shadowplay can't be beat.
If not then Fraps (though that can reduce FPS and fill up a lot of space) or upgrade to Windows 10 and use it's built-in game recorder.
Mirillis Action is unbeatable
EDIT: TL;DR
Here's a few programs I've tried so far

Dxtory - try dxtory video codec, I recommend this since it's the most versatile out of these but takes some time to set up.

Fraps - can't really lower quality so if it eats too much resources there's not much you can do about it other than reduce video fps.

Open Broadcaster Software - A compromise between quality and file size. Will eat cpu resources, not disk writing so much though. It's a streaming program but you can also record locally, but the quality isn't that good and it'll be more difficult to process the video files since they'll come out as .flv files. I personally prefer to use this only to record possible rule breakings by having it running with settings that are enough for people to see what's going on and to see text clearly.

-------The not so short version with some ranting and thoughts--------
Use OBS u can costumize everything to ur capablity of ur PC add me on skype if u don't know how to use juniorpl3
(Oct 26, 2015, 06:26 AM)Freezak link Wrote:Mirillis Action is unbeatable

Yes! Use Action, best recording software I have EVER used
I personally prefer OBS [Open Broadcaster Software]
shadowplay shadowplay shadowplay!

or loilo game recorder works too but usually bugs out after 5 minutes
I recommend fraps too, it's a pretty decent recording software but like blazing said you need a pretty good hard-drive as it records at high quality therefore you get these massive video clips that take up alot of space. Although you can download a program called handbrake which converts your clips into a different format e.g mp4 thus making your clip not as taxing on your harddrive. Sweet thing is you still get the same quality