Limelight Forums

Full Version: Mahti - Abuse Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Name: Mr. Oblichicken

Time/Date: Approximately 10:30

Steam ID: Mine: STEAM_0:0:29423119 Mahti's: STEAM_0:1:33720627

Name of Administrator: [L²] Mahti

Evidence:

This "Abuse" is a breakage of rules, 9.1 (Custom job titles must accurately state what character you intend to roleplay) and 9.6 (You must roleplay your job accurately).

I was a Citizen at the time of the incident, I was driving at a steady speed with cruise control. I was pulled over for no reason by Mahti and Maniac. These two were police with regular job names, (Something like Metropolitan Police) neither Government members changed their job name to suit their roleplay. When I was pulled over, they told me to turn off the engine and they said my headlight was out, RP'ly, it was not. I got out my car to RP'ly check and one of the cops began whacking it, RP'ly destroying the light.

Evidence of this:
*** Crixus Lannistar breaks the cord to the headlight
https://images.akamai.steamusercontent.c...B5AAA9279/

This is a breakage of the rules as the job of a cop is to defend the Citizens, keep them safe, and specifically, follow the laws, in this instance, the cop committed vandalism of my two front headlights (One was done without /me commands). As they had not changed their job names, they failrp'ed.. Even if this was not Mahti breaking the headlight, Mahti was involved in it and said it was perfectly okay.

Evidence of a chat I had with him, at the end I tried to explain my point via a PM and he ignored it:
(Local OOC) Mr. Oblichicken: Eh, don't you have to be corrupt?
(Local OOC) Mr. Oblichicken: In order to do this?
(Local OOC) [L²] Mahti: How would that make a difference
(Local OOC) [L²:RP] Maniac: Doesnt really make a difference
(Local OOC) [L²:RP] Maniac: It's RP
(Local OOC) [L²:RP] Maniac: Point is we're just assholes
(Local OOC) [L²] Mahti: Just play along with it
(Local OOC) Mr. Oblichicken: Then doesn't that mean that I can be a Citizen job and be
a criminal?
(Local OOC) Mr. Oblichicken: It makes no sense.
(Local OOC) [L²:RP] Maniac: It doesnt
(Local OOC) [L²:RP] Maniac: Completely agree
(Local OOC) Mr. Oblichicken: You're committing a crime as a cop yet your RP job name is
a Legitimate Cop.
(Local OOC) [L²] Mahti: As far as I can see my RP job isn't a legitimate cop
(Local OOC) [L²] Mahti: But also if you don't want to roleplay along no one can force
you of course
(Local OOC) [L²] Mahti: Yeah let's do this somewhere else then
(PM) To [L²] Mahti: Could you listen to me?
https://images.akamai.steamusercontent.c...DF573E0B5/

I know this is not a major thing, but in my opinion, a rule is a rule, and with a server this widely known, with this high a playerbase, Admins should not be breaking rules. It is a bad example as to how to RP properly and I have seen players getting told off by Staff for not setting their RP job to Criminal during raids and mugs. Mahti is an Admin, Players see what he does and copy him, and there is clear evidence that people are copying him as Maniac was doing the same thing as him.

I apologise for the bleak evidence, but it is clear in the chat logs that both Mahti and Maniac have regular job names.

Thanks for reading.
Both Mahti and I aren't native english speakers. We both speak nearly fluent english but we don't have knowledge of every single word in the english vocabulary.

Which brings me to this.
Our job was set to "Metropolitan police". We figured this was the Civil Protection, also known as the Metro Cops from Half Life 2. If you have played Half Life 2 you could probably tell these are not the kindest civil protection guys around. They're basically assholes.
We interpreted the job names as such, roleplayed accordingly. Having jobs set to "Corrupt Cop" looks dull, and because we thought the Metropolitan police is already corrupt, we didn't see the necessity to change it.

Now after doing some research after seeing your thread I found out that Metropolitan police means "Capital city cops" in dumbed down words.

I understand this could have been confusing as we both interpreted the job name in a different way.

Now about you though. I don't think you see this kind of roleplay often. Instead of blatantly fining ot arresting you we wanted to spice it up. We weren't harming anyone or intending to do so. We pulled you over and roleplayed the situation. You had to pay a fine of 100$ and we would have let you off.
Instead of being a 'citizen' and pretending to be in the situation you kept going on about how you weren't going to pay the fine, insult us (IC), then later taking it to OOC about how our jobs are not correct.

Quote:It is a bad example as to how to RP properly

The only thing I see as a failure to roleplay was you refusing everything we offered you.

Quote:there is clear evidence that people are copying him as Maniac was doing the same thing as him.

This is where you make it look like I follow him around like some sort of slave, ready to do as he  says. As if he's forcing me to do the same roleplay as he's doing or in your words "copying". As if I'm doing the same roleplay he's doing to lick his ass. No. We both decided to do this.
What can be seen in the quotes has nothing to do with the the situation but I just wanted to point it out. It doesn't sound very nice to me.

Hope this clarifies

PS: Typed on phone. Please forgive my typo's and formatting.

Edit: -removed- Originally about the screenshot but turns out my phone wasn't zoomed out
Quote:Both Mahti and I aren't native english speakers. We both speak nearly fluent english but we don't have knowledge of every single word in the english vocabulary.

Our job was set to "Metropolitan police". We figured this was the Civil Protection, also known as the Metro Cops from Half Life 2. If you have played Half Life 2 you could probably tell these are not the kindest civil protection guys around. They're basically assholes.
We interpreted the job names as such, roleplayed accordingly. Having jobs set to "Corrupt Cop" looks dull, and because we thought the Metropolitan police is already corrupt, we didn't see the necessity to change it.

Now after doing some research after seeing your thread I found out that Metropolitan police means "Capital city cops" in dumbed down words.

Misinterpreting the English language is no excuse for breaking the rules. As I have already said, if you would read my post, you vandalised my car. Which as a regular cop job, is not allowed, keep in mind that even if you were called "Civil Protection" you still would not be allowed to do this as the actual definition for this is to "Defend Citizens of the state from Military Attack". There wasn't even a President online, and as far as I'm concerned, vandalising peoples property as a regular police officer would require a Dictator, I'm not sure on that one, though..
Might I also point out that you could oh so easily just look the word up to make sure you aren't breaking the rules? If you're going to give some input, give it in facts, don't give excuses, they're pointless.

Quote:Now about you though. I don't think you see this kind of roleplay often. Instead of blatantly fining ot arresting you we wanted to spice it up. We weren't harming anyone or intending to do so. We pulled you over and roleplayed the situation. You had to pay a fine of 100$ and we would have let you off.
Instead of being a 'citizen' and pretending to be in the situation you kept going on about how you weren't going to pay the fine, insult us (IC), then later taking it to OOC about how our jobs are not correct.

You make it seem like I am the bad guy here, I roleplayed the entire thing up until you were pretty much done with it and just asked me to pay a fine... I checked the scoreboard and hmm.. strange.. you aren't corrupt cops yet you're vandalising peoples property? I would have paid the fine perfectly well if you were corrupt cops, but because you were just regular Police, it goes completely against your nature to destroy Civilian property.

There is a fine line between just being an asshole and destroying peoples property. By definition, asshole means being annoying, do you really believe that all you were doing was being annoying by destroying someone's headlights?

Quote:This is where you make it look like I follow him around like some sort of slave, ready to do as he  says. As if he's forcing me to do the same roleplay as he's doing or in your words "copying". As if I'm doing the same roleplay he's doing to lick his ass. No. We both decided to do this.
What can be seen in the quotes has nothing to do with the the situation but I just wanted to point it out. It doesn't sound very nice to me.

You're taking everything I say COMPLETELY out of context. I said that you did what Mahti did, which was, go around, breaking peoples headlights and asking for money; I never said you were a slave to him.

I would rather you didn't post on here anymore, this is barely about you, as it is an Admin Abuse thread. Even though you are involved in the situation, this is a report on Mahti, not you, and in my opinion, nothing you have said actually shows that Mahti didn't break rules, these are simply excuses.

Thanks.

-REMOVED-
(Oct 23, 2015, 03:36 PM)xo_ link Wrote: [ -> ]+ Support
Some of the admins here really need to learn how to respect players and not take things from 0-100 without first knowing what the situation is, and listening to both sides of an argument. To think that they get paid...

This isnt a suggestion thread. If you're not directly involved or have evidence to contribute with please refrain yourself from posting
(Oct 23, 2015, 12:11 AM)Maniac link Wrote: [ -> ]Both Mahti and I aren't native english speakers. We both speak nearly fluent english but we don't have knowledge of every single word in the english vocabulary.

Which brings me to this.
Somewhat involved since I made the Metropolitan Police name - It was intended to be the British Metropolitan Police (hence the Constable rank and etc).
Sorry for misunderstanding on the job name part.
Thank you for the report, it has been reviewed and will now be closed. Also apologies for the late response.

Mahti has been spoken to, and reminded about following the proper job name rules. Their job name should have been something along the lines of "corrupt" to help establish a more clear job name. Though a very minor rule, it's still a rule.

Preditor,

Limelight Supervising Administration Team.