Limelight Forums

Full Version: Wood's Resignation from Developer <3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Greetings Community,

I'd like to start this thread by just looking back at the history of LL before I go into anything else. LimeLight started this year after a huge issue over at Another Community which the team decided we'd leave and create our own community. That night, I was literally shaking. It was such a huge shock all of a sudden and I was suddenly in on making LimeLight happen. I threw down web hosting, thanks to Avalanche Smile, and we grabbed a domain and by that night we'd already met everyone on TeamSpeak and explained the situation. Myself and BlackShadowOfGod then set up all of the website and threw together a simple MyBB forum until we setup our current SMF system.

After that night, I went to bed (for about an hour) and got up the next day with around 1-2 hours sleep ready to go again, working with BSOG who hadn't slept all night. It was honestly a rollercoaster of emotions that weekend, and I began to fall in love for what LL was and what it represented. From that day on, I've tried to put all I can into LimeLight and I am proud to say I was a pretty big part in making LL happen in regards to the technical side of things, along with the rest of the dev/sect. team.

Now, back to the present, today is the day I must close the book of LL and move on. I really have no time to dedicate to LimeLight now I am so packed with education and running two companies. I really hope I'll come back in the future when the time comes back, but sadly right now I can't make promises. I wish LL the best of luck for the future and I truly mean that from the bottom of my heart.

As for goodbyes and thank you, I really can't do a list as I've crossed paths with so many of you and made so many good friends. I must give a huge thanks to the entire team for making this all possible - so much happens behind the scenes to keep this running smoothly and the team really doesn't get thanked enough for it. I felt part of a family with the team, and I can easily say I felt I was personally good mates with all of them alongside working with them on LimeLight.

Other than that, I'd like to throw a personal thanks to:
Faustie - I met you a couple of weeks ago when I picked up my new phone, and you're honestly just a great lad. If it wasn't for you helping me and working alongsides me with development. You made me enjoy coding for LL and it's just a pleasure to talk to you.

Zecon - You're literally like my brother dude, I know we'll stay in touch but I want to thank you for everything you've done for me on LimeLight, one highlight of that being the LimeLight League we ran together.

Blurr - As much as we fall out for banter, you're also such a lad. Stay cool bro Wink

BlackShadowOfGod - You made LimeLight happen, seriously, we needed you that night and you came in with force.

Vol - I'm actually so proud of you <3 Well done on the position, you couldn't deserve that developer role than anyone else.

Brynn/Barkles - Stay cool lads, love you both <3

George/Nac - The comedy duo, love you both. Stay safe Tesco and Red Rooster, and stay in touch too.

That list is longer than I wanted, but if you're not mentioned then it's because I don't have time to list everyone. If I haven't and you know we've crossed paths, then pretend your mentioned above. You'll see me around for the next few days/week whilst I transfer all things I own under the LL name and push my final updates I had waiting. I'll still hang around on the site after when I get spare time, and I'll be around on Steam most days. Hit me up if you fancy a chat!

Wood signing out,
Good luck lads.

[me=Wood]hands in his deveopmin pin and takes the veteran pin off the wall.[/me]
Man, didn't see this one coming at all!
It is a shame to see such a hard working staff member and a good friend leave the community.
You are a great friend and been there for me a lot, I cannot thank you enough! Take care Callum and keep in touch, hopefully we will see you again in the future.

P.S You are the third LimeLight Veteran!
[Image: c946891fb1789828ff995162b99b7dbf.png]

Shame to see you go Wood Chopper.

You've done a lot and got LL's feet on the ground. You've developed a lot for LL while here and I hope to see you back one day.
(Oct 22, 2015, 09:10 PM)Wood link Wrote: [ -> ]If I haven't and you know we've crossed paths, then pretend your mentioned above.

you're*, other than that 11/10
I'll miss you Friberg Sad

OT: Bye Wood, I'm sure we'll speak soon anyway so hf.
oh bae...........

ive known you for so long now..... I mean i still work with you and that but i cri 4 every tiem. Im sorry ive been a harsh cunt a lot ;_; i dont mena it honest Sad

also why does everyone act like me and brynn are a couple xD

https://youtu.be/MikRS_EEGcQ
First Shadew now you? Oh no...
this was really unexpected like wow really didnt expect this to happen

Thanks for your work on limelight, hope you return one day <3
Oh fred, I will always remember our days of shortbread talking and northerness....

Your still more northern then me <3

Thanks for helping on everything wood! We love you too! KEEP IN TOUCH PLS!
Well this was unexpected...

Goodbye Wood and hope to see you return one day!
Oh wood..
https://youtu.be/KolfEhV-KiA

All the hours and dedication you have brought all the help you have given this community without you we wouldnt be here now. Id like to thank you for everything all the hours and hours spent coding

**MAN UP BRO MAN UP** 
Good luck in the future <3
farwell wood....  :'(
You're on hell of å coder there is no denying that. Thanks for all the amazing work and keep om coding Big Grin
<3
You did good Neon, you kept our networks goin'. It was good having you on the team.

Thank you for all you've done for the community. Good luck in your business endeavors!
Pages: 1 2 3