Limelight Forums

Full Version: Evo Statistics Office
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: oAh4FR9.png]

Hey guys, I'm here to ask for your help, opinions and support for a new idea I had. It's called the Evo Statistics Office and it's half roleplay, half OOC. Basically, I was thinking that it'd be awesome to see different statistics about Evo City and try to compile a record of that data. One of the main things I was interested in was the crime rate of Evo (obviously it would be incredibly high) compared to somewhere like Los Angeles. A great perspective would be the specific types of crime in Evo City and their prevalence throughout the city, different areas and their rates and so on.

On the other hand, there's the economics side of it, we could see how much money is circulated through Evo's economy in a day and develop data accordingly. We could even somehow, over long periods of time, be able to develop relatively complicated economic statistics for the city, such as gross domestic product. This would be great not only to compare it to other countries, areas, etc. but more importantly get another view on our great virtual city.

The important thing, however, is the people I would need on board to be able to set sail with this project. We would potentially need an admins support, as to gain the statistics we may need to be able to monitor the situation on a grander scale rather than sit on a bench people watching. Speaking of which, other players' support would be great too, noting down (if you're rp'ing a criminal) what categories of crime you were partaking in would help us greatly. Something that is critical to this project is experienced people, I need fellow statisticians and economists (etc.) to get involved, which would be fantastic.

I understand this may not appeal to all of you, but the end product I'd like to see is a series of graphs, tables and data compiled in a large document just for Limelight where players could get a new prospective on their server. Constructive criticism and additions would be incredibly helpful and I appreciate all of your help. It is to be noted that this project will not be produced within a few weeks and I expect it to take more than a handful of months. If you think you could commit to it in anyway, please do.

~Joe
If you need some helping hands, I'm all for it.