Limelight Forums

Full Version: Battleground Europe - World War 2 MMOFPS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: logo.png]
Quote:Webite Game Info:
Set in World War II Western Europe, WWII Online: Battleground Europe is a brutally realistic MMO featuring hundreds of towns and cities in a huge, zone-less map where battles rage for days and campaigns for weeks. Choose to fight alongside the axis or allies against thousands of players and advance your character rank to unlock equipment and permissions. With over 100 weapons and vehicles accurately modeled and utilizing our physics based engine, every soldier can make a measurable contribution in the battle for victory!

Quote:Joey's Review
WW2 Online is one of the most brutal MMO's I have ever played, and is only surmounted in pure brutality by EVE Online. In my times of activity in this game I served with a variety of units from the 24th Panzer Brigade, the 106th Airborne Brigade, and a few others who names passes my mind. When I played this game, I served as mostly a CAS Pilot and Anti-Tank cannon operator. This game is incredibly well paced with most of your activities revolving around attacking towns to gain strategic footholds, as well as going about busting enemy Forward Operating Bases to move forward in certain areas. Every team has a few high commanders who order players on what to do, move divisions, and organize supply chains. This all leads to a very fluid and dynamic game which has fights that go on for roughly 5 to 6 hours per city.

As every team is trying to gain control of certain areas, it becomes necessary for the players to go with friendly squad members on bombing raids against enemy factories and supply hubs. Each one of these flights can last anywhere from one to three hours with how the current map is a 1:4 sized replica of continental Europe. During these raids, you can expect long periods of flying high altitudes and talking about random shit between friends while prepping to over enemy soil, and once you reach near the factories, it becomes expected to come under attack from several enemy fighters and AI triple AA flak. This game by far is not a game for people who don't want to be patient and make tons of friends while playing with others. It's a game which requires patience, skill, and most importantly some amount of willpower to talk to others.

For those of you whom are interested even with that information, I applaud you, and to be honest with you... Shocked. If you continue to look into this game be aware that it is a very, very fun and social game to play. You'll be able to fly a plane, control a boat, act a gunner on a tank, defend your bases with large anti-tank guns... So many roles are open for those which take interest in this game and are willing to put some time into it. The only thing which may turn you away from this game is the age. It's a game that was made in 1998 and has been continuously updated since that period of time. Below my review I'll be posting videos of different types of gameplay, and I hope you are willing to play this game!

Aircraft Gameplay
https://youtu.be/uH_rWkafurk

Tank Gameplay
https://youtu.be/s1-dg6asxPM

Infantry Gameplay
https://youtu.be/Acn2NUa6Xl8

Paratrooper Gameplay
https://youtu.be/DRFAUnEGUQk

As stated before, this game is fucking awesome. If you are interested in playing it, feel free to join the game right now and play for free to get some experience. You can also join the game during it's Welcome Back Soldier initiative in which from October 1st to October 18th, you'll be given free premium and be allowed to play whatever class you want so long as you unlock it. This game will also be on Steam soon!

This current point in time is really important for CRS, as they are now developing the game further and will soon be adding far more weapons for using as infantry. From simple things like new submachine guns, to brand new semiauto rifles! If the game gets enough players to show up during its program, we might be able to convince them to lower some of the subscription prices in order to keep their game development going.

Battleground Europe's Main Website
WW2 Online Steam Group

Battleground Europe is free-to-play from September 27th to October 18th, as they are currently hosting a Welcome Back Soldier Program!