Limelight Forums

Full Version: Player Report - ousmn
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Name of Player: ousmn

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:19668828

Server: v33x

Summary:

I would like to report ousmn for FailRP, chasing, attempted robbery, killing a firefighter and looting/stealing the fire engine without a valid RP reason.

Evidence:

ousmn was just getting into his vehicle at a broken police vehicle when he spotted my fire engine drive by.  He then proceeded to give chase, following me around the entire map.  Once in the city he then proceeded to exit his vehicle, pull out a weapon and after one quick warning shot me dead, then looted/stole my vehicle.

Now, there is a very thin line I see here in which I could have done FearRP, however I feel that the time in which I was able to react negates this.  I had very little time to respond.  Yes, I was trying to get away from him as he has done this multiple times to me.  By the time he said to get out and the time he spot was a matter of seconds.

Below is the video I was able to capture, I will walk thru it.  I did do some cuts to save time, if requested I will supply my entire video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7U5yAHU...-1xK8GtQfC

00:04 - You can see the blue VW parked right next to the wrecked police car.  As soon as I passed he proceeded to hit the truck, then give chase behind me.

00:24 - He has a passenger, I do not know who it is.  This is important as both the fire engine and vehicle were missing when I respawned.

00:30 - I cut to the city tunnel in which he once and attempted to sideswipe my vehicle.  I knew that he was going to hold me up as soon as he was able so I decided just to continue driving.

00:45 - Red light, I did decide to stop at the city, as there were civilians in the area during daylight.  This is when he decided to use his vehicle as a roadblock in front of me.  He got out and I decided to go around him and to the left.

01:02 - Going around the block, he swung around the corner to cut me off again, the exit the vehicle.

01:05 - I decided the best thing to do was to reverse and head back the other way.  To which he started running.

01:09 - It was at this point that he brought out his weapon then in voice said, "Get out, get out, out."  Now at this point he was running towards the truck.  He did raise his weapon initially.  Before I could stop as I was turning the corner however, he shot one round and killed me instantly.  I had three seconds of response time before he killed me.

01:15 - A quick view of the players in the game.  ousmn was listed as a Thug.

01:19 - After respawn, the entire scene was cleared up.

So in summary, I believe that there was no valid reason for a citizen, Thug or not to give chase of a government vehicle, killing the driver, then stealing the vehicle for the intent of looting its contents.  There was no roleplay involved in this incident, only harassment.
I was a witness to this event, basically all I saw was ousmn block the fire engine, SirWulf goes around to the otherside in said fire engine, ousmn shoots at him, and then steals from his firetruck, all because he wanted the loot, failrp on my part.
Accused player has twenty-four hours to respond.
Let me correct you there, as a Thug not citizen. And as for my actions as a Thug/Criminal/Ruffian can loot from cars for the need of money and thats a valid RP reason as in real life Criminals and Thugs do not need a reason to steal from people/mug or loot as long as they need to live. And second of all you broke fearRP after I told you to get out after ramming my car multiple times, I like how you cut the video right away into the city's tunnel. And as long as I have a background RP (Base) I can loot/Rob People's houses or mug. I am pretty sure I was doing my job as a Criminal/Thug without breaking the rules. And I wasn't going to do something to you until you decided to break fearRP and shoot you. And in the way I looted your car as I had the chance to.

And for your information, I've seen admins without mentioning names POINTING guns at firemen to loot from cars. So I don't see anything wrong with looting from cars as I need 'money' as a thug.

I am sorry but if there isn't a rule states that chasing a firetruck just to get scrap metals or anything is failRP then I apologize for my actions and I hope for once that the rules can be clairified in a clearer way and avoid these gaps in the rules in order for me to follow them properly and I am more than happy to follow the rules and I haven't broken any and if I broke one I deserve a ban, but without clarifying the rules, that would make it difficult for me and the others to follow these rules.
I'm not at home right now so don't have access to the rules (can't find them on the forums...)

First of all, I did mention your Thug status as a citizen. Here is my point. You did the actual stealing in broad daylight in the middle of the street downtown with people watching, after committing murder. I remember something being said about such things should be done away from public areas, or in dark. And in the video, the first time you got out was right in front of the Nexus, were you going to rob me at the front doors of the government headquarters?

I'm sorry, but a thug should be more sneaky about it. Not going on a rampage across the entire map killing people because, 'I need a few dollars.'

I cut to the tunnel as it was a few minutes of repeated things. Trying to save time, but I will post it all if needed.

I don't get home for another 7 house. I can type here but have no access to my video or game until then
But I didn't mug you in front of the nexus, and there were only 7 players in the server where there was no government, and I looted from your car at top street. And I have seen people looting cars in public I don't see whats wrong with that. But if there was a full government and trying to loot at top street or anywhere in the city, logically, I will be arrested right away and its not a smart move.
Just because you have seen others do it doesn't make it right.

As a criminal, a huge goal is not to be caught. Ok, there were no police officer jobs on at the time, however a Thug should not have a roster of on-duty officials on hand. If you base your crime on that, isn't that meta gaming?  You should be concerned that police could be coming around the corner any second, one block from their station.
I am basing it that there were no police officers patrolling the city which made it easy for me to do it and when I see admins or a lot of people doing it, I imitate them because they haven't broken any rules. I am not imitating someone who's proppushing/propkilling for example.
So you have seen admins chase down firetrucks, gun down the driver after a few seconds of response time, then steal the truck in a public location?

I have been killed many many times over my truck, most of which has been in the woods, lake or slums.  I have been hostaged by an admin, while we were at the firestation.  And I have been shot down just for driving down the road, I believe once by you as a matter of fact, after I refused to give you a ride when you were a Corleone member by the bar.

My point is, there is a very fine line here when it comes down to this sort of activity.  And I believe that the extent that you went to in order to simply steal from my vehicle was well beyond what would be a normal 'Thug' activity.  Heck, you could have simply asked me, I've taken bribes before, and offered tours of the station.  Let's RP this thing, not just run around killing people.
You have a point right there, I might've made a rash decision on killing you as you broke fearRP but apprently I should've waited more than 3 to 5 seconds for you to get out. I won't lie on this one, but yes that was a mistake killing you but I kinda felt it was fearRP but thats up to the admins to decide.

And I am more than willing to accept a Blacklist for my improper use of weapons if it wasn't needed in my part to kill you there while you were inside the truck.
Could I get an update on this?

Thank you.
There isn't a rule stating that you can't mug a fireman as Ousmn has stated. Killing the fireman as quickly as you did was a little excessive on your part, Ousmn.

Approved.