Limelight Forums

Full Version: Blazing's Unban Request
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Your Name: Blazing

Ban ID: STEAM_0:1:60623768

Banned by: [L²] PREDITOR OF WAR

Server: v33x

Ban Reason: Breaking FearRP

Why should you be unbanned?: Literally, this was a big misunderstanding. I went up to an officer to see what was going on, then he cuffs me and says "get on the ground". I was on a hill, so I assumed that he would want me to go down the ground and face towards my parked car or something [didn't make RP sense to tell me to "get down on the ground" when I was already standing, at least in my point of view at the time]. Then he tazed me as I went down the hill and towards my car. I then called an admin [wrongfully, I thought I was following his request but I actually misunderstood/misinterpreted the officer's request] for random taze. The admin in question came, started questioning me about why I broke FearRP. I even explained to him that I misinterpreted the request but all he said was "You have more hours than me and you don't understand what it means to get on the ground?" and reitterated that I had broke FearRP. Again, I explained that I was misunderstanding the officer and apologised, and then asked if we could continue RP as usual.

That clearly didn't happen, as the admin just recklessly banned me for 24 hours. This doesn't make sense from my point of view. First of all, I was handcuffed. Why would I try to break FearRP? Maybe this would make more sense if I was uncuffed and could run, then take out a gun or something and shoot the officer or get in my car and drive off, but I couldn't do anything even if I did intend to break FearRP. Also, he mentioned my hours yet that would be something in my case. I've only ever been banned once before in my 150+ hours on this server [for a misunderstanding on the rules, case is still pending a reply]. If I really wanted to break FearRP, I'd do it in a more important time such as if a fellow Rebel/Corleone was being arrested. In this case, I was doing nothing at the time but driving around the city.

I don't know, but I just feel that the ban was really harsh considering the circumstances. I'd already explained that I was misunderstood and was apologetic about it at the time, simply wanting to continue to RP the situation as usual. Instead, I got a ban. I feel that good RP should be prioritized over simplying banning someone despite the person explaining their actions...

Evidence: N/A but the officer involved [can't remember username] and the admin [who supposedly was there the whole time] would probably agree with my story.
I was watching you while I was phased, the officer clearly stated "Get on the ground" many times. You then started to turn and run towards your vehicle, I stopped you by picking you up and your argument was that you were trying to get to a lower part of the hill because he said get on the ground.

You broke fear RP, you ran towards your car when he said to get on the ground, and your defense was that you were moving to another part of the HILL to get "lower on the ground".

I do not see why this should be removed at all.
(Sep 3, 2015, 10:00 PM)Preditor link Wrote:I was watching you while I was phased, the officer clearly stated "Get on the ground" many times. You then started to turn and run towards your vehicle, I stopped you by picking you up and your argument was that you were trying to get to a lower part of the hill because he said get on the ground.

You broke fear RP, you ran towards your car when he said to get on the ground, and your defense was that you were moving to another part of the HILL to get "lower on the ground".

I do not see why this should be removed at all.

Actually, you are wrong. I walked towards my vehicle [misunderstanding...] and then I got tazed. That's when I called the admin and you turned up, starting to question me about the FearRP breakage. You never picked me up at all.

My defence was that I misunderstood him and thought that he wanted me to get off the hill and towards the lowest form of the ground, so I went down the hill.

Why should this be removed? It's probably already expired by now, but this was a simple misunderstanding. I think that you took it too far to ban me seeing as I'd explained why I did what I did. Besides, think about motivation. Why would I want to break FearRP if I was already handcuffed?
I apologize, you did use @ and that's when I unphased, however the rest I find hard to believe, because "Get down" is a very direct phrase. I do not think it should excuse you from being unbanned as you should have known better, because I'm almost positive you've at least seen someone else say it, or it even be said to you before.

Also, all because you were handcuffed does not mean you are in the clear from breaking fear RP. I feel that you were ignorant and not taking the situation seriously. You "trying to get to lower ground" if anything as an excuse sounds more trolley than an actual excuse for breaking fear RP. Even then breaking fear RP isn't really excusable.
(Sep 3, 2015, 11:13 PM)Preditor link Wrote:I apologize, you did use @ and that's when I unphased, however the rest I find hard to believe, because "Get down" is a very direct phrase. I do not think it should excuse you from being unbanned as you should have known better, because I'm almost positive you've at least seen someone else say it, or it even be said to you before.

Also, all because you were handcuffed does not mean you are in the clear from breaking fear RP. I feel that you were ignorant and not taking the situation seriously. You "trying to get to lower ground" if anything as an excuse sounds more trolley than an actual excuse for breaking fear RP. Even then breaking fear RP isn't really excusable.
Yes, I know. I didn't say that I didn't know what it meant however, I said that I misunderstood/misinterpreted the phrase, as in I didn't properly understand/hear what he was saying at the time. I made an assumption and got banned for it.

I'm not excusing it, but I'm saying that common sense should be used. I'd have no reason to break FearRP purposefully whilst handcuffed, so why would I?

Maybe it would sound like something a troll would say, but let's take things into perspective. It's pretty safe to say that I'm not a minge.
You're right, common sense should be used. "Get on the ground" should not be taken so literal in that manner.

More importantly, we shouldn't be profiling people as "Minges" because any of us have the chance to become one, we shouldn't think so highly of ourselves in that manner.

As for the unban request, it is denied. You should have been more aware to the situation, and using "I was moving down the hill to get lower on the ground" when the officer clearly states for you to get down is not a valid excuse.