Limelight Forums

Full Version: Donation Payment
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just thought I'd ask, but why can you only pay through Paypal for a donation. Many users are below the age of 18, like myself, but still have bank accounts from work etc. that they want to use to donate. Is there any way a feature could be added so you can donate in a different way?
Would be awesome if they could accept bitcoins Smile
(Sep 2, 2015, 07:15 PM)colthrax link Wrote: [ -> ]Would be awesome if they could accept bitcoins Smile

just fucking lol

nobody follows that 18 years old tos on paypal.
(Sep 2, 2015, 07:15 PM)colthrax link Wrote: [ -> ]Would be awesome if they could accept bitcoins Smile
Bitcoins are unstable. For a year, they may be worth thousands of dollars. For another year, they may only be worth hundreds.
Yes, but when your bank knows your age it's a bit hard to fob off paypal.
PayPal don't confirm your age with your bank, just saying.

You can pay with a debit card (bank) at the PayPal checkout, just press 'I don't have an account' or whatever it is.
Actually, the only issue with paypal is when they (Sometimes randomly) ask for verification of identity.

Happened to me about a year ago, and resulted in me loosing my account as I :
A wasn't the person whom I said I was. My passport obviously had the wrong age etc
B obviously was underage.

This resulted in that account being locked, meaning I can't send money from it, or withdraw.

Best way to do it, is get a debit card in your parents name, and use their details. It'll be your card, but if any issues arise, you could easily verify it.
Add Paysafecard, problems solved.
As much as everyone thinks Paysafe is ez add, it isn't. We'd have to revise our system to work with it, then we have the issue of how PaySafe works. We can't pay our bills with PaySafe so we then have to go and convert it to PayPal, which we have to pay conversion fees and taxes on.

We are considering adding it, but it'll cost more when using a PaySafe card.
(Sep 3, 2015, 04:10 PM)Wood link Wrote: [ -> ]As much as everyone thinks Paysafe is ez add, it isn't. We'd have to revise our system to work with it, then we have the issue of how PaySafe works. We can't pay our bills with PaySafe so we then have to go and convert it to PayPal, which we have to pay conversion fees and taxes on.

We are considering adding it, but it'll cost more when using a PaySafe card.

It can cost more, at least it's there as an option Tongue