Limelight Forums

Full Version: Content Packs - DMCA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Greetings,
Some of you may have noticed Content Packs 1-7 have a DMCA flag on them by the user: SoulRipper.

I'd like to quickly give you all a heads up. Noble recently had FL Content 1-4 taken down due to Noble, Darkn00bs and Griims content being there which Noble wanted removed and they are totally within their rights to do that. In revenge, SoulRipper has placed a takedown on packs 1-7 and there's two issues with this:
1) SoulRipper himself owns none of the content - at all. He's never modelled anything in the pack yet he's submitting the takedown, which is completely illegal as he's claiming he made content when other people made it for him, yet at the bottom of the DMCA he signed saying he owns it.

2) He's filed it on all content packs. Even 7. In content pack 7 we literally have TDMCars, so he's now claiming he also owns TDMCars. I've contacted the author of TDMCars and he said he'll be looking into it when he gets the chance.

That's pretty much it, we don't expect the packs to be taken down but in the case they do we have a steam support ticket up at the moment explaining the suituation and we give proof etc. so we should easily be able to get the packs back up.

We apologise for any issues that may be caused but what Soul has done is utterly illegal, and you can view that here:

'Be aware that under Section 512(f) of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity is infringing may be liable for damages.'

We're working with Steam Support to resolve this.

Kind Regards,
Wood.
Actually surprised that the DMCA claims worked.
Welp, i already warned for this, the 2 communities will now go out of their way to help eachother down.

I found it childish from Noble and now i find it childish from Soul. But then again, if anything in these content packs is owned by Soul then Steam apperantly takes it down and he is "completely in his right".
I absolutely dont get why you guys dont let eachother use their content, this will lead to nothing but problems.
Might I notify you all, another thing he has done which is extra illegal - Soul later added all the taken down content on to the server's FastDL, at least most likely. When you join the server the baseball bat etc. is all still there.

Also, despite ALL the content packs being taken down, he has found someone else to reupload at least some of them (who I am currently searching for, will update the reply soon)

Edit: It is a profile called 'The Stiffmeister' which has a private profile - Soul's second account maybe?

Edit 2: Nothing seemed to download on the FastDL to do with the baseball bat or anything, but there was this cityrp_wrench thing, isn't that temar's project? (nevermind it's for the car mechanic) The DMCA takedowned content was probably reuploaded under this profile.
(Sep 2, 2015, 12:31 PM)lods of emone link Wrote: [ -> ]Might I notify you all, another thing he has done which is extra illegal - Soul later added all the taken down content on to the server's FastDL, at least most likely. When you join the server the baseball bat etc. is all still there.

The way Soul is dealing with all this, FL will end up closing due to copyright infringement.
Fuck SoulRipper he is just jealous that this server is getting better then his

Please refrain from throwing hostile insults around; user warned.
Can we please keep this thread peaceful. I'm sure you're as annoyed as we are but its in the hands of Steam now.
(Sep 2, 2015, 12:42 PM)Wood link Wrote: [ -> ]Can we please keep this thread peaceful. I'm sure you're as annoyed as we are but its in the hands of Steam now.

May Gaben and Steam Support have mercy on our souls.
(Sep 2, 2015, 12:44 PM)GeorgeTheBoy link Wrote: [ -> ][quote author=Wood link=topic=1614.msg14966#msg14966 date=1441190567]
Can we please keep this thread peaceful. I'm sure you're as annoyed as we are but its in the hands of Steam now.

[/quote]

Yeah, you guys might get a reply in 3 milennia or so.
(Sep 2, 2015, 12:44 PM)GeorgeTheBoy link Wrote: [ -> ][quote author=Wood link=topic=1614.msg14966#msg14966 date=1441190567]

[/quote]

I don't know Gaben is pretty busy with Ricochet 2

Reference : https://youtu.be/632kyLysP6c
Yes, please keep it peaceful. We hold no grudges with the Fearless community itself; this dispute is related to SoulRipper, not his community.

Please note that LimeLight did not place the initial DMCA request on Soul's FL content packs. This was done so by Noble and his colleagues, and with sufficient evidence to prove that they owned the content. Clearly Valve agreed with their evidence, as the content packs were removed. Noble has placed new DMCAs on the replacement content packs he has uploaded, which still contains much of his work. This was a decision by Noble and his colleagues as individuals, not as LimeLight contributors; they are free to do as they please - after all, they own the content.

It appears that the DMCA takedown notices on our content packs were illegally placed in revenge. We've already contacted Steam Support regarding this issue and provided the relevant evidence to support our case. Soul has placed DMCA notices, and in doing so falsely claimed ownership of content, on content packs which contain nothing by Fearless. The weapons content packs contain nothing unique to Fearless, nor do my other packs. Even those of Wood's which contain assets that Fearless used do not contain content legally owned by SoulRipper. Even if they did, SoulRipper should've sent a notice to us prior to this rather than quietly placing DMCA requests. Furthermore, it is quite clear that SoulRipper is not interested in obeying the law, as he uploaded stolen content to his FastDL after Valve agreed that there was a DMCA violation.

Please note that this is not a rant against the Fearless community or its players; I am simply informing you all where we currently stand and on why Soul has placed the DMCAs on our content packs. LimeLight was not responsible for any of the DMCAs on his content and we have not taken hostile action against Fearless. I have attempted to reach out to the staff there regarding this case to find a better solution, but all attempts at contact have been ignored - I'm blocked by Soul and Grub has made it clear that he has no interest in speaking to me. It's unfortunate, and I only hope that this doesn't cause any unnecessary drama for the players of both LimeLight and Fearless.
Soul and obeying the law.
Those are two things which doesn't exist for a tax evader and paedophile.
But I bite my tounge for a bit longer, at the moment for anyone who needs some background to the legal side of things that I've been trying to help out with... Effectively Soul has been trying to hold the community at ransom, and is demanding we remove content, but he refuses outright to remove content we request be removed.

As you can imagine, that's a no go.

The ToS that existed for Fearless since about 2011(and updates thereby in 2014), are all non-binding and cannot be used as Soul is not legally operating Fearless as an entity which maintains for-profit records, rather he's doing it on a tax-exemption related bullcrap, and because of this he is right now playing in legal hotwater.

The simple solution for this problem is rather simple:

He removes Wood, Grimms, and others content who have asked for it to be removed, and we remove the current fishing mod in favor of something better.

Oh yeah, did we forget to mention that this is what this is all over btw? They want us to remove the fishing mod. That's it. But they refuse to remove the stuff we asked because it's supposedly is theirs, and then they tried demanding we remove it from the LL server. Yeah, explain that fuckery to me, because I'm still confused.
i sure do hope he's behind 7 proxies
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Good luck LL staff. I shall pray to Gaben.

One contributor started out voicing his wish for his content to be removed from FL, Soulripper denied this request under the fact that "The content is property of fearless since its was contributed to us". The rest of the contributors minus me (I was in the same boat as Faustie, I didnt mind as long as things didnt get worse) didnt like this, and started voicing their wishes for content to be removed aswell, this is when Soul sendt them the middleground: "You remove XYZ features from LL that was made by me or my developers, and I will remove your content".

We were in the process of re-coding thigs such as the F1 menu (Intellectual property of Mavis) when Soul and Mavis then stated that they were not going to remove any content from FL, this is when I joined what had become the DMCA demand.

So it started out with a simple request for some models to be removed, now turned into this :/
(Sep 2, 2015, 02:27 PM)iac link Wrote: [ -> ]i sure do hope he's behind 7 proxies
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

w0w so cool. You going to über l33t hax0r him? Shut the fuck up, please.
Pages: 1 2 3