Limelight Forums

Full Version: UBR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Your Name: [L2:RP] innovative

Ban ID: What is your Ban ID?

Banned by? Safira

Server: V33

Ban Reason: I broke a rule. Changed my job to have a bit of fun.

Why should you be unbanned? Well im a player with over 1000 hours experience and what happened was a spur of the moment mistake, but when safira brought me she didnt have any intentions on resolving this, bit she wanted to straight up ban me. I apologized for my mistakes like an adult expecting the same mature repsonce from an admin but nope. Banned for 24 hours which I do not deserve it was a mistake and I am a long time player this ll and will continue to be.

Evidence:
Ah jesus. I have nothing to do tonight. I am very sorry fir my silly mistake it wont ever happen again just please let me back on Sad
My first point of call is the UBR rules:
Quote:Do not post an unban request if:
You know you broke the rules

I do not understand why you have a preconceived idea that I want nothing more than to ban players. As I mentioned in the Help & Support thread which you made against me, it is up to the admin's own discretion to determine an appropriate punishment.

This is my persepctive.

I walked up to the lumberjack group and explained they were each being fined $998 for logging without license.
During this, you chose to change your job from 'Mighty Lumberjack' to 'Criminal Lumberjack', thus changing your job style to be able to carry out a hostage situation and avoid paying the fine.

Proof of you changing jobs :

[15:24:45]  [L²:RP] Innovative  (STEAM_0:0:85285350)  said: /job Mighty Lumberjack
-
[15:37:23]  [L²] Safira  (STEAM_0:0:71022534)  said: /y Gentlemen.
[15:37:48]  [L²] Safira  (STEAM_0:0:71022534)  said: I am charging you each with the $889 fee of illegal logging.
[15:37:52]  [L²:RP] Innovative  (STEAM_0:0:85285350)  said: /job Criminal Lumberjack

I noticed this in the logs, and said "You just changed jobs." in LOOC. You say over mic [not exact words] "I spelt criminal wrong before, my job was criminal though". As you take me to the hostage area, I am checking the logs to see if you're telling the truth, I roleplay along as this is the correct thing to do ("If you believe that something is against the rules, you should still RP along" -Taken from the Metagaming explanation); by no means does continuing a roleplay as I gather evidence condoning what you did.
After I found out you had lied to me, I decide to bring you to the roof.

Note that at this point, I could have banned you without confronting and explaining to you.

I bring you and ask you again:
[15:47:40]  [L²] Safira  (STEAM_0:0:71022534)  said: .// Just now, when you hostaged me. Why did you change job?

I give you the chance to appeal.

I then told you precisely what you did wrong, explaining why I had brought you and what the issue was:
[15:49:04]  [L²] Safira  (STEAM_0:0:71022534)  said: .// You changed your job to an aggressive one which it would be realistic to hostage me as I was already fining the lumberjacks
[15:49:21]  [L²] Safira  (STEAM_0:0:71022534)  said: .// Not only this, when I asked you, you said 'I spelt criminal wrong, I had my job as this before'

[15:52:10]  [L²] Safira  (STEAM_0:0:71022534)  said: .// You changed jobs to be void of RP restrictions, and then you lied to me about it.
[15:53:15]  [L²] Safira  (STEAM_0:0:71022534)  said: .// I roleplayed it as best I could as I checked the logs. The point still stands that you broke the rules.
[15:53:49]  [L²] Safira  (STEAM_0:0:71022534)  said: .// With this in mind, you will be suspended from the servers for 24 hours. If you feel this is unfair, post an UBR.

I brought you and explained your wrongdoings. I did not want to "straight up ban you", because if that was my intention I would ban you without explaining first. My duty as an admin is to make sure players do not break rules, and in turn for them to become exceptional roleplayers and rolemodels. As you say, you have 1000 hours experience, and should have known better.

If you have any further points to make regarding why you were wrongfully banned, please state them within the next 24 hours.

Safira,
What i did, was wrong, i understand that, but i am very sorry for my stupid, silly actions, it was a mistake, But, limelight is a second home to me, and even tho what i did was wrong, I Promise to never ever do anything like it again, And if i could get a second chance, i would be forever grateful, Or maybe a shortened sentence, i need LL It's a drug and i need it, Thank you. But Above all this, i am sorry. and it will NOT Happen again.

-Innovative, The king of Wood
Hello Innovative,

I cannot unban you simply because you're sorry for your actions.
If this were the case, everybody could apologise profusely and have a punishment revoked; with this in mind I will be denying your appeal.

Thank you,
-Safira