Limelight Forums

Full Version: GCSE Results Day tomorrow!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well, 20th of August (Tomorrow) will be GCSE results day and students will be collecting their results from their schools. The majority of this community playerbase come from the UK and have done their GCSE's so I hope im not alone in anxiously awaiting my results.

How are you feeling?

I'm just waiting to inevitable be kicked out of my house the moment the results get to my parents (Did virtually no revision whatsoever before the exams).

Goodluck everyone.
Just remember that's gcse's really don't matter that much. As long as you have enough to get yourself into 6th form/collage, then you're fine. The big ones to worry about are A levels. Have a fun next two years Wink
Good Luck to everyone getting their results.

(Aug 19, 2015, 08:09 PM)Jericho link Wrote: [ -> ]I'm just waiting to inevitable be kicked out of my house the moment the results get to my parents (Did virtually no revision whatsoever before the exams).

You'll be alright. When I did my GCSE's 3 years ago, the only revision I ever did was for maths. I ended up with an A in that, a few B's and the rest where C's. I don't think there's anyway you can have really bad results.
I am collecting my results tomorrow and I just want the time to come! I was always very bad with maths and English and I hope that I have done well and the hard work paid of (Tuition and revision) I am nervous and curious Smile

Good luck to everyone who is collecting their results tomorrow!
I've already taken a look at some of the grade boundaries as they're released a day prior. Some look good, but others seemed questionable... I guess we'll see tomorrow!

I'm remaining optimistic, but I don't predict myself A* grades, would rather those to be a surprise!

Good luck everyone, all the best for tomorrow - hope you get the results you deserve!

Just want to finalise my A Level choices and get them started.
As long as you have the grades to get into college or your apprenticeship and do the subjects you want in (which in most cases is like having a B in maths and/or English)

A levels you need to worry about, Uni's and higher apprenticeships only really care about UCAS points, which are from A levels.
Not particularly nervous atm but I will be tomorrow morning, good luck everyone!
2 A*s, 4 As, 3 Bs, 3 Cs

Atleast i passed.
Received my results, I'm a bit peeved at some.

BCS: A
Maths: A
Biology: A
Chemistry: A (359 UMS [360 UMS needed for A*... bullshit])
Physics: A*
Economics: A
English Literature: A
English Language: A
Geography: A*
Spanish: B
Religious Studies: A

Other than Maths and Chemistry, I'm pleased.

Great set of results there Jericho. Good luck to everyone else!
Well I didn't get exactly what I was hoping for yet I have enough to get onto my course! Congratulations to everyone!
(Aug 20, 2015, 12:44 PM)Aviator link Wrote: [ -> ]Received my results, I'm a bit peeved at some.

BCS: A
Maths: A
Biology: A
Chemistry: A (359 UMS [360 UMS needed for A*... bullshit])
Physics: A*
Economics: A
English Literature: A
English Language: A
Geography: A*
Spanish: B
Religious Studies: A

Other than Maths and Chemistry, I'm pleased.

Great set of results there Jericho. Good luck to everyone else!

u absolutely aced it. well done.
Everyone be getting an A on everything and saying that they're not pleased

I barely scraped a C on some of mine. My best result was a B in Computing
Art - A
Graphics - A
IT - B
Maths - C
English Lit - C
English Lang - C
Religious Studies - C
Physics - D
Biology - D
Chemistry - U
(Aug 20, 2015, 01:47 PM)Jericho link Wrote: [ -> ]u absolutely aced it. well done.

Cheers man.

Quote:Everyone be getting an A on everything and saying that they're not pleased

I barely scraped a C on some of mine. My best result was a B in Computing

You did well! As long as you did your best and you're proud; that's all that matters. It depends on one's individual level, though if you're 1 UMS point off any grade, it'd be frustrating.
GCSEs are fricking pointless. Since I did mine I've used nothing not even music

And Tbh my AS results were pretty shit but Idc cos I'm only going to do BTEC next year, my uni course only wants 160 UCAS points and I'm predicted to have 470 Big Grin

In short the UK education system is wrong and needs a desperate reform. I wouldn't have minded maths if it had taught me how to manage finances and shit (and maybe applied it to my interests)

Best tip I can give for you guys starting college is make sure you're actually interested in what your doing and not just doing a subject "as something else" believe me I did that with my AS levels and came out with a U in psychology and a D in English :/

But hey ho grats people Smile
Pages: 1 2