Limelight Forums

Full Version: Upcoming updates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hi everyone,

We've been working hard recently to code a lot of new updates for you, but there's a lot of planning and coding work involved, much of it back-end, so you won't see the effects of this immediately. We've also had to look into coordinating with Soul on a few requests, as some of our contributors have requested that FL no longer use their work, but in return Soul wants us to change a few things, which is fair enough. Some of these updates will be released almost immediately, and others will take further time and planning.

F1 menu overhaul - We're currently working on making a brand new F1 menu, that does not use FL assets.

HUD overhaul - Same as with the F1 menu, we're making one that doesn't use FL assets.

Fishing script re-write - Soul has requested that we re-write the fishing script, as he was the original author. This is fair, and as such we'll be re-coding this. As this is primarily back-end, the effects of this may not be noticeable, but soon we'll be adding an improved bait system; the one that Soul removed when I made it for FL several months ago.

RPP system - This will be removed and replaced with something new and improved. We've already started asking players for their input on this.

Multiple new vehicles - Primarily city cars, but some will be luxurious or fairly unique. Next: Range Rover, Honda Civic, Skyline, Mini Cooper, Aston Martin, Limo, Chevy.

Mechanic job - Temar was working on some special SWEPs for this about a month before the split, and we'll be using these assets here at Limelight. We may wait a while to release a super-polished job, or release it in phases so that players are able to modify cars earlier on.

Crafting system improvements - New ways of generating scrap metal and similar. We'll tie this in with more ways for players to make money without resorting to illegal activities.

More legal ways to make money - These will range from simple updates such as paramedics and firemen receiving bonuses for doing their job, to new player-generated market systems and similar.

Economy overhaul and stocks - This is a long-term project, but we've had a lot of discussion on this and a few contributors have been working on this with the development team.

More player-models - Of course, we'll be adding more player-models shortly; some civilian, some military.

SProps - We wanted to add this on FL but were not allowed; we'll be adding it here shortly. This will likely be followed by prop count increases for donators etc. as we continue to improve server and gamemode stability.

Secret Service job, SS vehicle, and Presidential vehicle - We've been looking into this for a while also, figuring out how it'd work. Currently the President has no actual form of protection, as asking the Police or SWAT to guard him makes them less effective at their proper roles.

Clans overhaul - We're looking into numerous new clan systems.

Changes to the theft system - Currently it's far too easy to steal items and government vehicles are being constantly targeted. It'll soon be riskier to steal from vehicles.

I may have forgotten a few things, but that's the bulk of the updates we're currently working on. Obviously, a few things may slow us down, but we now have a formidable development and contribution team, so I'm hoping that these updates will all be released in good time. If you have any suggestions regarding these updates, please post them here; refrain from posting brand new suggestions - we have a forum for that.
I can't wait till these updates are live!!! Great work all!!
Nice work
Splendid.

*Rubs his hands together*
Sounds brilliant! I can't wait to see all the new updates live, great job guys and good luck with the coding!
Splendid.

Also, will there be an order of which these updates priorities or will it just be bought out when it is done?
Or, maybe an order of which the updates will be coming out on?
(Aug 18, 2015, 01:55 PM)BasicallyMental link Wrote:Splendid.

Also, will there be an order of which these updates priorities or will it just be bought out when it is done?
Or, maybe an order of which the updates will be coming out on?

On the updates im working on I can not give any ETA as things can take more or less time based on problems that may or may not arise. Me personally do not want to hype an update for it to be delayed.
Cannot wait until these are all made and live Smile
The best things here is the legal/passive ways of making money, I'm really excited for this.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank the dev team and administration team for making this community possible and give us all amazing opportunities to have fun and RP here.
Amazing, fucking, job.
Let's get Project DiCaprio on the move!
(And the others. But money.)
That all sounds great.  I think it'll be great to see more of a different identity start to develop with Limelight.

The fishing worries me from the past experience of hunting down worms.  I never found one and ran into camps created around the spawnpoints with armed guards that killed any intruders.  Trying to passively fish was impossible during those times.

Love the idea of more civilian vehicles, hoping for a Tahoe myself, and the mechanic job I think will be a great addition.

Legal ways to make money!  Huge support for that!  For those like myself that do not enjoy contrafarming and/or sticks with one or two jobs while playing the game.  Not being forced to live the life of crime just so I can afford to buy food will be great.  Having bonuses for the medics and firefighters also sounds great.

And of course, the biggest plus for a full-time firefighter that I am... devising a system the makes the fire engine and ambulance less of a target is the greatest news.  I want my station to be a friendly happy place that will accept tours again.  Not the locked down, armed security guard hellhole it is now.
RPP system - YES!!

Multiple new vehicles - Ohh Yea!

Mechanic job - Damn Yes! Tongue
WOOOOO!!! This sounds amazing. Cant wait
Interesting updates. We'll see how they turn out.
They all sound great, looking forward to these updates.
Pages: 1 2 3 4