Limelight Forums

Full Version: Regarding Fearless
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Evening everyone,

I'd just like to make a quick announcement regarding our policy towards the Fearless community; I don't have much time today so I may elaborate on this later, but I'll try to cover the main points.

DDoS attacks - We do not, never have, and never will support DDoS attacks against Fearless or any other community. If you attack Fearless, you are not doing us a favour; rather, you are heightening tensions and making things worse for both communities. Anyone caught DDoSing or even discussing DDoS attacks against Fearless may be banned for inciting tensions. Limelight staff itself are fully supportive of Fearless, and while we did remove our old proprietary security from there, Burnett and myself have helped Soul once or twice in order to get things up and running again.

Regarding SoulRipper - Of course, there has been a lot of banter regarding him, but this has all too often devolved into personal attacks. We do not find this acceptable, and those who bully SoulRipper on our forums, servers, or teamspeak will be banned. We will not, of course, be policing the Fearless forums, but if SoulRipper chooses to ban you there for the same reason, that is just. This goes for the rest of the Fearless staff, such as CodedBrain.

'Rival' communities - While obviously there is what seems to be a rivalry between our two communities, we do not wish to perpetuate this. We have chosen not to blacklist their community name from their forums; while they have, this is SoulRipper's decision and we will not comment on it. I must admit that staff from both communities have, at times, been overly childish on the Fearless forums or on Steam. We have already spoken to our staff team and warned them that enough is enough; if any LimeLight admins continue to display childish behaviour regarding Fearless, they will suffer consequences here. I would hope that Fearless takes a similar policy, but again, that is Soulripper's decision, not mine.

Updates - It is true that they have used a lot of our hard work, sometimes without credit, but likewise, a huge amount of the CityRP code is Soulripper's hard work, and Mavis' too, and we should be giving them more credit. We will be ensuring that the credits section reflects this. While it seems that once or twice they have copied our updates and we have copied theirs, I can assure you that this is not the case; there have simply been similar suggestions, and many updates that were pushed were in progress before the split.

I have spoken to SoulRipper numerous times, and while there are still tensions to work out, we are both looking forwards to continuing as two friendly competitive communities. While yesterday we suffered a massive attack which was related to the community hostilities, this was not endorsed by SoulRipper and he has no blame in it; it is a separate case which, for the time being, will be kept secret for security. I apologize for the secrecy, but it is currently necessary. SoulRipper and myself will be working hard to improve relations between ourselves and the two communities, and I hope that members from both LimeLight and Fearless follow suit.

I wish the best of luck to SoulRipper and Fearless and, of course, to LimeLight. I hope that you all understand the message I am trying to convey.

Yours,
Faustie
Great Faust Smile

Now to dispell this tense mood here's a happy duck
[spoiler]
[Image: 2366822806_5dd2352131_b.jpg]
Thanks for the update Faustie and loving the duck Bark!
Thanks for clearing the air.
Good job!
We are not enemies.
Amen to that. So ready for all the drama to be done with and for both communities to branch out into their own greatness's.
I know you all have supported this from the start, but this thread was definitely needed. Thank you all for being somewhat mature about it all, at least the staff and most players on Limelight.
Thanks for this Faustie, this was much needed and I hope that relations can improve between the two communities and lessen the tensions.
DarkRP is bestest rp
(Aug 17, 2015, 08:49 PM)Auston link Wrote: [ -> ]DarkRP is bestest rp

Na m8, HL2RP

Bob Good, you're not even good! Stop RDMing! Hacker!
(Aug 17, 2015, 09:38 PM)lods of emone link Wrote: [ -> ][quote author=Auston link=topic=1123.msg10585#msg10585 date=1439837349]
DarkRP is bestest rp

Na m8, HL2RP

Bob Good, you're not even good! Stop RDMing! Hacker!
[/quote]

OMG so realistic
(Aug 17, 2015, 09:54 PM)Chocolate Labrador link Wrote: [ -> ]I have tensions with FL but I don't care about it no more nor will I ever again but these DDoS attacks need to stop on FL as they're getting attacked.

As stated in Faustie's thread: We do not tolerate attacks in ANY form. Anyone caught will be banned.
It is however a two way street. There are still those on FL attempting to cause drama and tensions, Soul himself included.

None the less, well said.
The sooner we stop talking about FL and become independent as a community the better. People with inevitably come from FL to harass us but they will be treated the exact same way as any minge. As a whole, we are the more mature and experienced community so lets make sure we act like it Smile
Well said Faust.
I came here for my good reasons i dont have to mention over and over again. Everybody should pick their community regardles of what other people are trying to enforce. So hopefully this discussion will loose its tension anytime soon.
I enjoy and prefer LL however im rooted in FL as most of us are. So friendly attitude would be best.
Pages: 1 2