Limelight Forums

Full Version: hl2.exe has stopped working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I try to start a valve game such as Garry's Mod it launches, then my entire screen becomes black then shuts down to my desktop and the hl2.exe has stopped working sign appears and I have no choice but to close the application.

I have tried several troubleshooting options such as closing all of my background applications. Disabling anti virus programs, updating drivers and windows, I also tried refreshing steam files.

Thank you.
Things like that have happend to me, here's how I fixed it:
As I reset my computer or you could of upgraded to windows 10.
You need to install your graphic card drivers. I could launch every other game except gmod and CS:GO
I tried that again, and still doesn't work..
Hi Anakonda,

Have you tried running the game in compatible mode and running it as Administrator? 
(Aug 16, 2015, 01:51 PM)BouncingBall link Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Anakonda,

Have you tried running the game in compatible mode and running it as Administrator?

Yes, I have.
Verify the integrity of the game cache.

You can do this in steam.

Go to your games, right click, properties, local files tab and there you see the button verify integrity of game cache.

Do that.
(Aug 16, 2015, 03:06 PM)Doodleh link Wrote: [ -> ]Verify the integrity of the game cache.

You can do this in steam.

Go to your games, right click, properties, local files tab and there you see the button verify integrity of game cache.

Do that.

I actually have done that too from before. It didn't work either. I can try again, even though I don't think I doubt the results will change..