Limelight Forums

Full Version: rp_evocity_v33x low fps.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So basically I have a low about of FPS (like 7-20) in the city on v33x, especially when I looking directly at the nexus building.
If anyone had the same problem and managed to fix it, please tell me how to do this.

Additional information (The most important):
GPU: Geforce gtx 560ti
CPU: i5 2500k
Ram: 8 GB

Thanks in advance.

P.S.
Forgot to say, it's happen to me when Garry's mod was updated to "Garry's mod 13", before I had stable fps at level of 40+

I heard one guy got up to 300 FPS in the city because he upgraded his Operating System to Windows 10.
Dunno mate, can't help you.
(Aug 15, 2015, 10:01 PM)Doctor KuLa link Wrote: [ -> ]So basically I have a low about of FPS (like 7-20) in the city on v33x, especially when I looking directly at the nexus building.
If anyone had the same problem and managed to fix it, please tell me how to do this.

Additional information (The most important):
GPU: Geforce gtx 560ti
CPU: i5 2500k
Ram: 8 GB

Thanks in advance.

P.S.
Forgot to say, it's happen to me when Garry's mod was updated to "Garry's mod 13", before I had stable fps at level of 40+
Try to diagnose this problem. Change video settings one at a time to the lowest and then see if your FPS gets back significantly. If so, you can troubleshoot from there.
(Aug 15, 2015, 10:18 PM)Michael link Wrote: [ -> ]I heard one guy got up to 300 FPS in the city because he upgraded his Operating System to Windows 10.
Dunno mate, can't help you.
Dude! Thanks you mentioned about operation system I manage to fix it! Or at last additional 10+ fps more...
Just simply disabled the "Windows Aero Extension" (If I good translated it from polish).

I own you a fish!

By the way still waiting for more advices if anyone knows something more.

Blazing.
Just tried it (Also before), maybe +1 fps more

P.S.
Also have problem with siren/light and some other stuff.
Like it take some time to activate the siren/light in vehicles, have this problem only on v33x, on v2d everything works just fine.
You have a better PC then me and mine works perfectly fine but it online servers do cause FPS drop.
Before everyone freaks out about how to improve the FPS majorly, V33X is poorly polished map, there is open spots in the map everywhere which in return CAN cause FPS issues.
(Aug 15, 2015, 11:08 PM)BouncingBall link Wrote: [ -> ]You have a better PC then me and mine works perfectly fine but it online servers do cause FPS drop.
Right, when playing singleplayer mode on this map I have 40+ fps (I force set my fps to max 40 since its hot this summer)
Gmod is built on 32x graphics architecture.

This means more modern GPUs that run 64x architectures with GDDR3+ Vram can't optimise Gmod like they can with higher end, modern games like Battle Field. This means your GPU can't give much better performance. Your GPU is also rather old, and doesn't really make the most of that i5 or 8gb ram.

There's also the thing of V33x has always been plagued with poor FPS.

Anyone saying they get 300+ is bull shitting or has 4 Titan Zs in 4 way crossfire SLI.

TL;DR

Gmod is not optimised like other games and v33x is shit.
(Aug 16, 2015, 03:11 PM)Jamster link Wrote: [ -> ]Gmod is built on 32x graphics architecture.

This means more modern GPUs that run 64x architectures with GDDR3+ Vram can't optimise Gmod like they can with higher end, modern games like Battle Field. This means your GPU can't give much better performance. Your GPU is also rather old, and doesn't really make the most of that i5 or 8gb ram.

There's also the thing of V33x has always been plagued with poor FPS.

Anyone saying they get 300+ is bull shitting or has 4 Titan Zs in 4 way crossfire SLI.

TL;DR

Gmod is not optimised like other games and v33x is shit.

He can even have 4 GTX 980 wont be able to get 60 stable FPS, leave alone 300.

Gmod itself is badly optimized, still uses the x86 arquitecture, while most games nowadays use x64 that is way better.

And you're wrong about the GPU VRAM Arquitecture speeds, not only it isn't called x86, x64 but it's calculated in bits and the numbers are way higher, and it matters little cause GMOD doesn't use much VRAM, it's relies mostly on RAM, which is extremelly slow and is also a bottleneck that causes performance issues.

Plus Gmod is also stuck to one core, it's poorly optimized for multi-core CPU's.

And to make things worse, the v33x is extremelly badly designed and optimized, no matter the PC you have, you'll have performance issues.

Right now both v2d and v33x are far from perfect on my computer, and it doesn't shock me that MSI Afterburner shows that Gmod is only using 15% of my CPU and GPU Power.

That's how badly optimized it is.
Heh. Couldn't remember the exacts of it, but I was nearly right.

But as stated above, Gmod+v33x=death pool.
Confirmed on my shitty laptop with integrated graphics - FL=v33x and v2d unplayable, LL=v33x unplayable, v2d... Playable, and its even smooth.
(Aug 17, 2015, 07:32 AM)Freezak link Wrote: [ -> ]Confirmed on my shitty laptop with integrated graphics - FL=v33x and v2d unplayable, LL=v33x unplayable, v2d... Playable, and its even smooth.

True, performance is better on v2d. You can get good performance on v33x in certain areas, but it's still better on v2d overall.

But it has a lot to improve, it could run way better by taking advantage of the current hardware. Titanfall uses Source Engine, has way more detail and bigger maps than Gmod, and runs way better.