Limelight Forums

Full Version: Regarding the Police
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know we are just starting out as a community, but it's already becoming evident as folks get better and better firearms that the Police are outmatched to a degree, and may need some better equipment.

The question I am here to ask though is what some of you would consider "far enough" and what those playing the government jobs believe.

As someone who personally enjoys playing the government, I believe that the Police should have a "Locker Room" in the Quartermaster Rooms of the Nexus, and in those rooms the Police Officers can go and make loadouts which thereby have to be approved by the President.

Firearms which I have in mind for being in the locker are as followed:

- Long Arms -
* M14 EBR w/ Marksmen Scope and Bipod(and match ammunition???)
* AR-15 Standard
** AR-15 w/ Red Dot and Forward Grip
* UMP-45
* MP5
* Semi-auto Shotgun

- Handguns -
* Glock
* Five Seven
* Muhrin .44 Revolver

-Special Equipment-
* Concussion Grenades
* 40mm Tear Gas Launcher

Reminder: All these weapons would have to be pre-approved by the President and the Police Sargent could intervene and change his people's loadouts.
You may want to make this a suggestion (In the suggestion section) as it is a good idea, instead of in the Discussions section.
(Aug 13, 2015, 11:45 AM)BasicallyMental link Wrote: [ -> ]You may want to make this a suggestion (In the suggestion section) as it is a good idea, instead of in the Discussions section.
I'm posting it in the discussion forum first, as I'd like to hear everyone's input.
(Aug 13, 2015, 11:47 AM)Joey Skylynx link Wrote: [ -> ]I'm posting it in the discussion forum first, as I'd like to hear everyone's input.

That's why people do +support and -support on suggestions? To give their feedback. As this is a suggestion, you should post it in the Suggestions area.
(Aug 13, 2015, 12:29 PM)Mr. Oblichicken link Wrote: [ -> ][quote author=Joey Skylynx link=topic=948.msg9195#msg9195 date=1439459271]
I'm posting it in the discussion forum first, as I'd like to hear everyone's input.

That's why people do +support and -support on suggestions? To give their feedback. As this is a suggestion, you should post it in the Suggestions area.
[/quote]

People do +Support and -Support to show if they support the implementation of the suggestion.
I think it would be great if the locker were restocked from the taxes, the percentage is decided by the President.

-president doesn't want to invest in a police force
-gets paid more
-steamrolled by players

-president invests
-paid less
-armed police
(Aug 13, 2015, 11:12 PM)DoomDude1 link Wrote: [ -> ]I think it would be great if the locker were restocked from the taxes, the percentage is decided by the President.

-gets paid more
-steamrolled by players

-president invests
-paid less
-armed police

This.

And, there should be a limited amount of weapon, so that not every cop walks about with the best weapon from the locker. Lets say 1 of the best weapon and unlimited of the worst weapon.
(Aug 13, 2015, 11:12 PM)DoomDude1 link Wrote: [ -> ]I think it would be great if the locker were restocked from the taxes, the percentage is decided by the President.

-gets paid more
-steamrolled by players

-president invests
-paid less
-armed police

I am all for this approach, Maybe even a Salary deduction if a Cop decides to take a bigger Weapon?
I love Doomdude's suggestion, and have it that there's a limited amount of each weapon, not to forget a police officer should only be allowed to have 1 of the weapons in the locker equipped, but he can trade it in for another if he doesn't want to use it anymore.
I stated this in another thread, but I feel that Police and SWAT should have access to all weapon modifications from the start. How do ya'll feel about that?
(Aug 16, 2015, 12:58 AM)Joey Skylynx link Wrote: [ -> ]I stated this in another thread, but I feel that Police and SWAT should have access to all weapon modifications from the start. How do ya'll feel about that?

They already have access to a lot of the mods available. The ones they currently have are enough for a good shooting experience.
(Aug 16, 2015, 12:58 AM)Joey Skylynx link Wrote: [ -> ]I stated this in another thread, but I feel that Police and SWAT should have access to all weapon modifications from the start. How do ya'll feel about that?

I already think the capabilities and tools available to officers are rather broad. I think it is logical that attachments, or even high powered rifles are at own expense and therefore also own risk. I think the risk factor whilst being a cop needs to be there, otherwise it will literally end up outplaying any other role in any combat situation.