Limelight Forums

Full Version: Ping being high
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear LimeLight,

Sometimes my ping goes above 100 like 150 my ping normally settles in at like 50 to 80 or 40, Is it my internet, I have full 4 bars (Windows 10) I have sky fiber optic broadband, It is just me that gets high pings every often.

Does it go off:

> How many players are connected.
> How many props are spawned.
(Aug 9, 2015, 11:21 PM)BouncingBall link Wrote: [ -> ]Dear LimeLight,

Sometimes my ping goes above 100 like 150 my ping normally settles in at like 50 to 80 or 40, Is it my internet, I have full 4 bars (Windows 10) I have sky fiber optic broadband, It is just me that gets high pings every often.

Does it go off:

> How many players are connected.
> How many props are spawned.

are you streaming and/or downloading anything while you play?
is your sister watching netflix or your brother playing xbox while you play?
do you live on the other side of the world to Italy?
these affect your ping mostly.
I have a high ping, simply because recently my internet has been shit.
are you streaming and/or downloading anything while you play? No
is your sister watching netflix or your brother playing xbox while you play? Yes
do you live on the other side of the world to Italy? No, UK
Try connecting an ethernet cable if you can.

It may solve your problem, and you'll also most likely see your internet speed up too. I've got mine running through the roof, but that's because my room is above the router.
Will this be good? https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-and-hom...4-pdt.html
(Aug 9, 2015, 11:21 PM)BouncingBall link Wrote:Sometimes my ping goes above 100 like 150 - It is just me that gets high pings every often.
(Aug 9, 2015, 11:21 PM)BouncingBall link Wrote:100 like 150

[me=Safira]glares with envy and contempt[/me]

Sky internet in a nutshell:

(nutshell)shit(nutshell)

I speak from experience.
Windows 10?
Settings > Updates & Security > Windows Update tab > Advanced Options > Choose how updates are delivered > PCs on my local network option.

Tell me if your ping gets better
Your issue is Sky.

I have Virgin Media....10x better. On a good day my ping is around 8....on a bad day, max 50.