Limelight Forums

Full Version: Security alert
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hello folks, I want to raise a security concern with all people on LimeLight who came over from the other community.

It seems the old community forums have been breached. Myself and a few other former staff members there have had their forum passwords changed and the accounts accessed at odd times (4 AM etc). I have contacted SoulRipper about this and requested IP logs to be investigated, but haven't heard back yet. My own account remains hijacked at the time, I cannot reset the password as it's tied to an e-mail account I cannot access.

I'd hereby recommend everybody who's experienced similar incidents with their passwords to speak up here, investigate their accounts on the other forum and see if you can find any signs of tampering.

Kind regards
KJ
(Aug 8, 2015, 12:05 PM)Killjoy link Wrote: [ -> ]Hello folks, I want to raise a security concern with all people on LimeLight who came over from the other community.

It seems the old community forums have been breached. Myself and a few other former staff members there have had their forum passwords changed and the accounts accessed at odd times (4 AM etc). I have contacted SoulRipper about this and requested IP logs to be investigated, but haven't heard back yet. My own account remains hijacked at the time, I cannot reset the password as it's tied to an e-mail account I cannot access.

I'd hereby recommend everybody who's experienced similar incidents with their passwords to speak up here, investigate their accounts on the other forum and see if you can find any signs of tampering.

Kind regards
KJ
XD
As we've spoken i'm one of those who had his password changed, and if I wouldn't know my e-mail address i'd have no access to my forum account.

Basically I had to request a new one, no idea why would any staff member/owner change my password, but it did happen.
(Aug 8, 2015, 12:14 PM)Freezak link Wrote: [ -> ]As we've spoken i'm one of those who had his password changed, and if I wouldn't know my e-mail address i'd have no access to my forum account.

Basically I had to request a new one, no idea why would any staff member/owner change my password, but it did happen.
Inb4 it's Soul who's trying to get rid of you
My password was changed too, I'll see what I can do to change it now.
(Aug 8, 2015, 12:05 PM)Killjoy link Wrote: [ -> ]Hello folks, I want to raise a security concern with all people on LimeLight who came over from the other community.

Kind regards
KJ

Interesting...
My password was changed as well. This is the email I got once I changed my password after I couldn't login. Why didn't I get this to start with?

[Image: 7GrMeiM.png]
Posted on FL Forums, thanks KJ.
Well, there goes that, thread deleted and I've been silenced lol

[Image: 8753c4700666fa8e7c17476ab01d7daf.png]
(Aug 8, 2015, 04:59 PM)Wood link Wrote: [ -> ]Well, there goes that, thread deleted and I've been silenced lol

[Image: 8753c4700666fa8e7c17476ab01d7daf.png]

lmao, I'm pretty sure it's not a hacker then lol
No one has tried to breach into my account.

Not sure if I should be happy, or sad that no one wants to.

tears

Nevermind, my password has changed, too, and without an email. Strange.
Still waiting for an answer from Soul, however this is beginning to look like a staff member might be behind this. I know for a fact that even SuperAdmins have the necessary tools to do this.
You can change users passwords on MyBB, so probs soul or grub pissing about.
Alright, so it would seem Soul is aware, but has no idea how it's happening and doesn't show much care at all for it.
Probably because it's only LimeLight users being affected. I wouldn't be surprised if it's him doing it or he knows he is and simply doesn't care.

Absolutely appallingĀ  behavior from them.
Pages: 1 2 3 4