Limelight Forums

Full Version: Enforcing unwritten rules
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So yeah, as the topic states, I'd just like to get some clarification on the topic.

As far as I am aware, it has never been a problem for traders such as Gun Dealers and Black Market Dealers to have contraband, as long as they did their jobs and didn't create bases. So, I created an apartment, where I made sure to have no defenses or such and filled it with fluff props, just a fading door leading to another room. Apparently, it constituted as basing (it was in the Apartment building, so not on the main street) and I was warned and had my contraband removed.

Now, I don't really give a sh*t about contraband, however I pointed out that the rule wasn't written as such and there was no set definition of what a "base" really was. So, for long term clarification and to avoid a staff member in the future perhaps issuing a ban based on an unwritten rule (bad situation, can tell you from personal experience), please either make a rule about it in the F1 menu or just enforce the written rules. Or, I could be a complete dolt, in which case please tell me so and clarify it for me.
From what I can take out of the rules, it says that GD, BMD, Taxi Driver etc. Cannot contra-BASE. This would mean staying in a base collecting contra, no? Therefore these jobs are allowed contra. If they werent, why would they be able to buy it?
BMDs cannot currently buy contraband, not sure about the other jobs
I've always understood it as BMD's can use contraband as long as they provide business to other players. It makes sense that out of any of the jobs BMD's would use contraband, at least just drug labs as in a roleplay sense it would be their source for the drugs they can sell.