Limelight Forums

Full Version: Next steps
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
First off, thank you to everyone who was with us on our launch. While it was, admittedly, rather shaky, the main issues were quickly fixed and now we're seeing excellent stability. Having seen the FL dedi and this one in more detail than anyone - other than perhaps Burnett - I can safely tell you that Burnett and I have learned from our experience at FL and that the new dedi is more stable than the old one, though that is partly thanks to the three SSDs.

So what next? Well, first, a little sleep. I've been up for over 40 hours without sleep to get us up as soon as possible, and Temar, Wood, Voluptious, BSOG, and Burnett have likewise spent a huge amount of their personal time on getting us ready. The development and security teams have done an outstanding job, as have the admins in preparing the forums, drafting new and improved policies, and readying for administration.

In the next couple of days you can expect to see a few more updates. The Breaking Bad update will, of course, come first, as will a few bug fixes. We're considering adding a prop pack such as sprops, and I'm also looking into potential female models that we could add. We're also going to be working on a big update that you can look forwards to very soon. And, of course, we're going to fix smart-snap, as we've figured out the issue.

Thanks again, and welcome to Limelight!
Faustie
Well done to all the developers who worked on getting it ready! Just look at what LimeLight has accomplished in 6 days.
Very nice job. Thanks for all the work you've put into this. You guys are awesome Big Grin
Great job guys! You take all the rest you guys need, thank you for sacrificing so much of all your time we the community greatly appreciate it.
Thoroughly enjoying my time on the server already, and greatly appreciative of the work you have put in over the past week!
It's to bad, I can't really play on the server right now.  However thanks for your detimernation to get the server up. Cant wait to play.

Best Regards
Davidson
Got mugged twice and pulled over for reckless driving as a Chauffeur. It's good to play again.  Big Grin
Sucks to miss out on the launch, hope you guys have fun!
I'd quickly like to thank everyone for being patient with the delays and was very co-operative when we had some brief downtime to fix some technical issues.

The development team including myself will be working very hard over the next few days to get everything patched up and fixed. We'd appreciate you report any bug to the bugs section, no matter how major or minor.
(Aug 6, 2015, 02:45 AM)Faustie link Wrote: [ -> ]Burnett
Ew.

Good job guys! Thankyou for all the work! Big Grin
You guys are amazing to have done all of this work so quickly, thank you all for your dedication!
(Aug 6, 2015, 04:04 AM)GRiiM link Wrote: [ -> ]You guys are amazing to have done all of this work so quickly, thank you all for your dedication!

Thanks you guys, you are the best!
In the beginning, there was nothing.
And then Temar said "Let there be dedi!"
But thy OVH wouldn't get their shit togethereth and  we continued forth into darkness.

On the second day, Temar said "Let there be SSD!"
But another problem hath arisen, for which Safira did not understand.

On the third day, Temar said unto us "The Server people hath angered me!"
And his disciples agreed and telephoned the server people.

On the fourth day, the developers pleaded to our people "we needeth a bitter brew!"
And coffee was brought unto them.

On the fifth day, the Beta server was running for to be given the beauties of this world.
Obay was given divine powers to add world props, whilst Pinky and Safira complained about their inability to noclippeth. And unto them, Faustie bestowed a great power!

On the final day, blessed unto us were the servers.
And it was good.
Great work all of you!

Looks good from my first run, new fire engine!  Just a few glitches here and there but nothing earth shattering!  And of course, love that fire engine.

Look forward to the money to flow back in and get vehicles back on the street and we can get back to normal.

Oh, and did I mention I'm happy to see the new fire engine?
I'd like to thank all the staff and contributors for their nonstop hard work to provide us a server within six days. You all have shown true dedication and hard work and that is something not many community's have. I very proud to be apart of this community from the first day!

I cannot wait for these next few day, seeing the server improve and have more updates added! I would simply like to also thank Wood, Vol and anyone else who worked on the Meth Update, it looks outstanding!

Pages: 1 2