Limelight Forums

Full Version: Regarding donations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
As we've yet to get it written on the actual donator page, I'd like to clarify to you all what each donation option means.

Server costs will cover monthly payments, security costs, licenses, scriptfodder script and so on.

Development will tie in with server costs in covering scripts, but will also go towards payment to external developers and also to internal developers/contributors/security staff for their time spent developing, to encourage them to work more.

Administration will be shared between the entire team. This will mostly be an equal percentage, but some will earn more and some less depending on the admin; some may have done huge projects while some may have been inactive or caused problems for the server.

While you can select the dev/admin sliders, all money will go towards server costs until we're stable and can afford the next few months of payments.

Regarding admin sliders: while it will be a shared pot, it's possible that those who have caused major problems will not receive any money from the monthly/bi-weekly pot. For example, while we're going to have an internal discussion and also consult the community, it's possible that those involved in the FL abuse will not receive any money for the first month. This is because we don't want to insult the community by having your money go towards admins you are unhappy with.

We are going to try and be extremely transparent with server donations. We're going to put up a bar that shows how much we need for server costs, and then we'll list what is stored or goes elsewhere, and what goes towards each developer/admin. If necessary, we'll be showing you logs from the donation database and from paypal/etc. statements.

We're also going to try and allow multiple payment types; not just paypal.

If you have any concerns with this, please raise them here or contact me on Steam. While it's unusual for a community's developers and admins to receive some money, we feel that this is far more fair than the existing system on FL, which saw Soul pocketing the vast majority of the money and very little going to development or to the admins/devs that made FL what it was.

Thank you.
Thanks for the info!
(Aug 2, 2015, 11:43 PM)Faustie link Wrote: [ -> ]As we've yet to get it written on the actual donator page, I'd like to clarify to you all what each donation option means.

Server costs will cover monthly payments, security costs, licenses, scriptfodder script and so on.

Development will tie in with server costs in covering scripts, but will also go towards payment to external developers and also to internal developers/contributors/security staff for their time spent developing, to encourage them to work more.

Administration will be shared between the entire team. This will mostly be an equal percentage, but some will earn more and some less depending on the admin; some may have done huge projects while some may have been inactive or caused problems for the server.

While you can select the dev/admin sliders, all money will go towards server costs until we're stable and can afford the next few months of payments.

Regarding admin sliders: while it will be a shared pot, it's possible that those who have caused major problems will not receive any money from the monthly/bi-weekly pot. For example, while we're going to have an internal discussion and also consult the community, it's possible that those involved in the FL abuse will not receive any money for the first month. This is because we don't want to insult the community by having your money go towards admins you are unhappy with.

We are going to try and be extremely transparent with server donations. We're going to put up a bar that shows how much we need for server costs, and then we'll list what is stored or goes elsewhere, and what goes towards each developer/admin. If necessary, we'll be showing you logs from the donation database and from paypal/etc. statements.

We're also going to try and allow multiple payment types; not just paypal.

If you have any concerns with this, please raise them here or contact me on Steam. While it's unusual for a community's developers and admins to receive some money, we feel that this is far more fair than the existing system on FL, which saw Soul pocketing the vast majority of the money and very little going to development or to the admins/devs that made FL what it was.

Thank you.

Keep 'em coming.
Awesome. If there will be methods other than PayPal to donate, great
I also get 50 percent just so you all know.
Loving the idea of this!
At some stage we'll try and set up a proper web-page for keeping track of income and expenditure, but for now I'll list expenditure here (these may be in different currencies).

Dedicated server initial cost contribution: Total £110
Obay: £20
Faustie: £90

Teamspeak license: $100 by Temar

Extra scripts:
Obay: £5 for scriptfodder

Once server costs themselves are paid for by donations, we'll be reimbursing admins who helped with the initial set-up expenditure. After that, we'll fill up money for server costs and then begin the development/administration pools, depending on what people choose to donate for.

In other update news, I've finished the fire engine and it'll be live on our servers when we launch.
(Aug 3, 2015, 01:05 AM)Faustie link Wrote: [ -> ]At some stage we'll try and set up a proper web-page for keeping track of income and expenditure, but for now I'll list expenditure here (these may be in different currencies).

Dedicated server initial cost contribution: Total £110
Obay: £20
Faustie: £90

Teamspeak license: $100 by Temar

Extra scripts:
Obay: £5 for scriptfodder

Once server costs themselves are paid for by donations, we'll be reimbursing admins who helped with the initial set-up expenditure. After that, we'll fill up money for server costs and then begin the development/administration pools, depending on what people choose to donate for.

In other update news, I've finished the fire engine and it'll be live on our servers when we launch.

Thank you for dipping into your own pockets to benefit the community!
I'm very impressed, Faustie. Look so forward to see the income and expenditure list, I have never seen a gaming community be so transparent about donation money as you guys are saying you're going to be. Also I love the fact you can control where the money is going.

Question: What happens if let's say everyone gives 70% and 30% to devoloper and admins and then there is no budget on the server?

Deepest respect from my side.
While you can select the dev/admin sliders, all money will go towards server costs until we have enough to cover them.
(Aug 3, 2015, 02:56 AM)Faustie link Wrote: [ -> ]While you can select the dev/admin sliders, all money will go towards server costs until we have enough to cover them.

Great system, Faustie. Appreciate it.
Very smart and well thought out, good work team
I love the idea of this, great work!
I really like how this turned out.

I also do not recall seeing this anywhere else.
Love this, great stuff you're all putting up.
Pages: 1 2