Limelight Forums

Full Version: Current progress
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi everyone,

I'd just like to keep you informed on our current progress, as I know you're all waiting to hop on our servers.

We ordered a powerful dedicated server last night, but OVH haven't yet finished setting it up - we're going to call them in an hour or so, as their customer support is generally quite good. It's worth the wait: this server is more powerful than the old dedi I worked with on FL, and the main bonus feature is 2 SSDs, rather than 2 HDDs. I can't say for sure, but I'd imagine that the SSDs will help CityRP run smoother; I'm positive that at least a few crashes were due to HDD read times being too slow for when gamemode operations are intense, as this was hinted at when watching disk I/O back then.

While we're waiting on the dedi, we've already began to work on gamemode updates. BSOG has been updating the gamemode to make it fit our colour scheme, and Wood will shortly be working on a major update that was due to be released on FL, and I'll be working on the fire truck. While this may not all be ready before the dedi, depending on OVH, I'm sure that it'll all be done very soon.

We've also been working on some forum feature and security updates. If someone else attempts to access your forum account by guessing your password, you'll be notified by e-mail. There's also an option to lock your account to IP, but I've disabled this for now as I know many of you use VPNs or have dynamic IPs; I'll enable it after making a post explaining how to use it and the pros and cons of doing so, and also the risks. I've added features such as vast support for various media embedding (80+ sources) and a few RP elements.

I'm aware that there has been a couple of issues regarding one or two of our admins and FL; I've sent a short message to Soul about it and HR will be looking into it shortly. We'll possibly release a more full statement on this later. The team view in general, however, is that we hold no animosity towards FL, and our security team has even been helping Soul to ensure that he safely has full command of his dedi/VPS and so on.

We've been discussing how donations will be handled internally, and soon we'll let you know our plans and you'll be welcome to give your feedback. All I can say is that it'll be far more transparent than what you're all used to from FL, and that we've already put down plans to spend extra on the EvoRadio and on various scripts/models.

Thank you for being so patient,
Faustie
https://youtu.be/a8c5wmeOL9o
Ah, about that incident on FL.
We'll have to wait that out i guess.

Either way, great work of porgress I can't wait to get started in the servers!
2 SSD's Sick.
Gonna be gr8 m8 I r8 8/8.
Great, can't wait to start playing.
Seriously very dissapointed in them.
I was considering taking a look at this community but if there are administrators here who cant keep an proffesional attitude against people they dislike i am discouraged to spent time on here.
Glad to hear that progress is going well, good luck.
Glad to hear everything is going great, can't wait to see it all up and running!
Great to hear!
(Aug 2, 2015, 03:39 PM)Baskingner link Wrote: [ -> ]Seriously very dissapointed in them.
I was considering taking a look at this community but with administrators acting that immature i rather waste my time somewhere else.

[Image: f1569f111fbf184ce672f20a5c9fd3f4.jpg]
Good to know.
Good to hear everything is going smoothly, can't wait to get playing with all the new thingsĀ  ;D
Excellent work! I can't wait to see how the server turns out Tongue
Sounds great, thanks for the update Faustie!
(Aug 2, 2015, 03:39 PM)Baskingner link Wrote: [ -> ]Seriously very dissapointed in them.
I was considering taking a look at this community but with administrators acting that immature i rather waste my time somewhere else.

Your input is much appreciated Baskinger and I'd like to thank you for that.
But please do not blame the "entire"-administrator team over a few that might've done something wrong.

If your intention was not to blame us all, please ignore my post.
(Aug 2, 2015, 03:56 PM)Burnett link Wrote: [ -> ][quote author=Baskingner link=topic=282.msg2470#msg2470 date=1438522741]
Seriously very dissapointed in them.

Your input is much appreciated Baskinger and I'd like to thank you for that.
But please do not blame the "entire"-administrator team over a few that might've done something wrong.

If your intention was not to blame us all, please ignore my post.
[/quote]

It wasnt my intention to blame you all, ill phrase it a little bit differently.
Pages: 1 2 3