Limelight Forums

Full Version: Low-Res Avatars [FIX]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If you've been having, as it seems like most people are, the problem where in which your profile picture on the forums seems to be very low res, there's a solution to it.

When changing your profile, click on the option "Specify Avatar by URL". When you do this, put in the image you want to use's URL. The avatar will now be higher res. I don't know why it looks so low res when you directly insert the image, but this seems to be a temporary fix from what I've figured out.
For some reason whenever I try to use the url method, my avatar doesnt show up at all
I've tried different hosting sites (photobucket, tinypic) and tried uploading it to tumblr and using that url, but it still messes up Confused
(Aug 2, 2015, 07:34 AM)etherealyandere link Wrote: [ -> ]
For some reason whenever I try to use the url method, my avatar doesnt show up at all
I've tried different hosting sites (photobucket, tinypic) and tried uploading it to tumblr and using that url, but it still messes up Confused

Make sure you copy the image link so the url has .jpg .png or.gif at the end
(Aug 2, 2015, 02:11 PM)Jamster link Wrote: [ -> ][quote author=etherealyandere link=topic=249.msg2065#msg2065 date=1438493662]

Make sure you copy the image link so the url has .jpg .png or.gif at the end
[/quote]

Also try hosting it on something else like Imgur. That one seemed to work for me.
imgur is much easier for uploading avatars, all you need to do once uploading the avatar is copy the direct link that's listed on the right hand side.
(Aug 2, 2015, 02:23 PM)evilmat360 link Wrote: [ -> ]imgur is much easier for uploading avatars, all you need to do once uploading the avatar is copy the direct link that's listed on the right hand side.

Tinypic FTW
Thanks for the help folks
Don't know why photobucket didn't work when i was using its direct link
But ah well
(Aug 2, 2015, 02:51 PM)etherealyandere link Wrote: [ -> ]
But ah well

Pffft, photobucket is overrated.
(Aug 2, 2015, 02:53 PM)Lord Octagon link Wrote: [ -> ][quote author=etherealyandere link=topic=249.msg2410#msg2410 date=1438519914]
But ah well

[/quote]
I've used photobucket for years so I prefer it
(Aug 2, 2015, 02:59 PM)etherealyandere link Wrote: [ -> ][quote author=Lord Octagon link=topic=249.msg2411#msg2411 date=1438519980]
[quote author=etherealyandere link=topic=249.msg2410#msg2410 date=1438519914]
But ah well

[/quote]
I've used photobucket for years so I prefer it
[/quote]

Well it's still better than image shack.
Moved to guides temporarily until the issues fixed.
Thanks, i thought it i can only see it like that
(Aug 3, 2015, 03:42 AM)Wood link Wrote: [ -> ]Moved to guides temporarily until the issues fixed.

Okay, i'll wait.