Limelight Forums

Full Version: Teacher out, Roleplay Assistant In
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello community.

Over the past few weeks we have been working on a few changes within the team while we have mentioned these in posts and talked about them in different services, we have not made a detailed thread explaining to you what will be happening. This thread is meant to act as just that, giving you an idea on what we are working on which we hope will be implemented within the following weeks.

The teacher team has been an immense help overall, we have had passionate people working to keep things interesting and help people, however, we have for years perhaps been lacking in a major aspect when it comes to roleplay, events. While we have worked towards rectifying this, there were always obstacles, which we have been working to fix these past few weeks.

With that, I am today announcing that we will be replacing the Teacher Team with a new team, mainly focusing on hosting events with the abilities given to them. This however does not mean that the new team will stop helping, instead, we wished to make helping something the entire Limelight Team can do. We wanted to turn helping new players into more of a general element, and we will be working towards that goal further in the future expanding helping players to be a community activity in a way.

With the above, the requirements of the new team will be different and due to their new abilities, the guidelines will also be strict.

We have divided the abilities into three types depending on their effect on the server and player experience.

We have abilities that Roleplay Assistants will always have access to:

- Phase and No Clip enabled by command
- No OOC cooldown to answer questions quickly and allow for extended responses to questions
- Team  chat to communicate with online staff members and fellow assistants should a question require several opinions to allow for a more accurate response
- Scoreboard and chat icon to identify them as someone who can be contacted for help
- Access to announce for server-wide events only and global /it
- Prop Limit of 100 as a sign of gratitude for their work.
- Ability to grant REP's for roleplays that stand out and exceed expectations.
- Ability to set the models of other players.
- Ability to spawn ragdolls.
- Ability to spawn emitters.
- Welding on Vehicles
- Set Fire (10 fires per Roleplay Assistant)
- MESKA Daily Bonus access.

We also have abilities that Roleplay Assistants will always have on the Event Server, but can also have on the main server with Administration permission and command. These abilities will be granted by Admins when necessary and will be heavily supervised.

- Map Changes
- Physgun Players
- Give Items
- Give Weapons (Spawn Menu)
- Spawn Entities
- Spawn NPCs
- Set Prop Limits
- Set Team
- Set Fire (No Limit)
- Demote from Job
- Enable Event Mode (Disables inventory use)
- Spawning Vehicles

Event Only:
- Kick
- Spawning Vehicles

All types of abilities will have strict guidelines and supervision to ensure fairness for everyone.

With these changes, moving onto the new role requirements.

The requirements for the role currently in mind are:

Hosted 3 events previously. These events can be mini-events or major events.
Has over 200 hours.
Must not have received punishment in the month prior to applying.

To read more and learn more about this team you can visit here: https://limelightgaming.net/forums/announcement-18.html

We are still finalizing details, and we still have things to work on however, we hope and believe this new team will be beneficial in improving the overall roleplay of the server and provide more mini-events and events to give it more life.

As this is a new team, most things are subject to change with time, however, I'd like to thank everyone who has taken part in implementing this.

Thank you Livkx for digging through and implementing necessary changes in-game.
Thank you Stell and Dick for assisting in guideline creation and formating.
Thank you Doctor Internet for doing what you do.

Thank you teacher team for partaking in discussions on the implementation of this new team.

Quick Answers to Possible Questions (QAPQ)

What will happen to the teacher team members?
We have discussed this with them, and we believe they suitable for the new team to start it off, they will carry over.

What will happen to active teacher applications?
We have talked with current teacher applicants explaining the situation to them.

What is the application process?
The application process is done through the related subforum, however, we made applications private this time.
on gang
Niiiceee, teachers needed these permissions and changes for a long ass time.. better late than never. One of the biggest limitations that teachers had was the lack of access and tools for roleplays.

Out of curiosity, is the option for administrative actions - with an admin's permission - there to assist when there's no staff online or is it a way of you trying to give them a little more responsibility on the server?
(Mar 31, 2021, 11:20 PM)Cole Wrote: [ -> ]Out of curiosity, is the option for administrative actions - with an admin's permission - there to assist when there's no staff online or is it a way of you trying to give them a little more responsibility on the server?

This is only on event, they have no administrative access on live.
(Mar 31, 2021, 11:20 PM)Cole Wrote: [ -> ]Out of curiosity, is the option for administrative actions - with an admin's permission - there to assist when there's no staff online or is it a way of you trying to give them a little more responsibility on the server?

Wouldn't this just make them regular staff but without work when "proper" staff is online?

Should not be the job of a RP-assistant imo.
(Mar 31, 2021, 11:23 PM)Nudelsalat im Panzer Wrote: [ -> ]

Wouldn't this just make them regular staff but without work when "proper" staff is online?

Everything below is based on the original thread, whether 100% of it is true or not I couldn't tell you but I think they're reasonable assumptions.

Not necessarily since they do not have the full powers that regular staff members have. It is also only with admin permission, so if for some reason a member of staff can't get online then I suppose a roleplay assistant can help. For example, demoting an AFK President or something.

I think it's a fairly good change, within reason, as it was always a pain in the ass having to contact staff when I was a Teacher just to get someone to come on and demote someone from, for example, the PD job because they were just running round handcuffing everyone or some shit.
+Support
(Mar 31, 2021, 11:26 PM)Cole Wrote: [ -> ]
(Mar 31, 2021, 11:23 PM)Nudelsalat im Panzer Wrote: [ -> ]

Everything below is based on the original thread, whether 100% of it is true or not I couldn't tell you but I think they're reasonable assumptions.

Not necessarily since they do not have the full powers that regular staff members have. It is also only with admin permission, so if for some reason a member of staff can't get online then I suppose a roleplay assistant can help. For example, demoting an AFK President or something.

I think it's a fairly good change, within reason, as it was always a pain in the ass having to contact staff when I was a Teacher just to get someone to come on and demote someone from, for example, the PD job because they were just running round handcuffing everyone or some shit.

They only receive the below privileges if an admin has specifically enabled "Event Manager" (not a great name) mode for them. This is only used in exceptional circumstances and is monitored.

- Map Changes
- Physgun Players
- Give Items
- Give Weapons (Spawn Menu)
- Spawn Entities
- Spawn NPCs
- Set Prop Limits
- Set Team
- Set Fire (No Limit)
- Demote from Job
- Enable Event Mode (Disables inventory use)
- Spawning Vehicles
(Apr 1, 2021, 12:06 AM)livkx Wrote: [ -> ]
(Mar 31, 2021, 11:26 PM)Cole Wrote: [ -> ]
(Mar 31, 2021, 11:23 PM)Nudelsalat im Panzer Wrote: [ -> ]Wouldn't this just make them regular staff but without work when "proper" staff is online?

They only receive the below privileges if an admin has specifically enabled "Event Manager" (not a great name) mode for them. This is only used in exceptional circumstances and is monitored.

I've entirely misunderstood Coles question. I thought he wanted teachers to be able to give out punishments when there's no staff online.

Big sorry. Me likey the changes
Great
this is so kawaii