Limelight Forums

Full Version: Your new Tech Manager.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello.
I am Doctor Internet.
Core Manager (Business / Tech), ADS Administrator, GModStore Curator.
Most people know me well enough, and know what I've done in the past, so I'll skip the rest of that and skip to the important stuff.

When I ran for HR back in August 2019, there were some statements I made on what I wanted to do in that role.
One of them, was Improved Community Communication.

Now, I'm not a HR manager, so the role is different.
However, if I don't stand by my plans, and what I've said, who would I be?

So, openness and transparency. What will I be doing, in my first months as the Tech Manager?

The first steps I'd like to take are:
1. Restarting the finance reports. If you've looked at the membership page, it's clear we're not pulling in a lot. Whilst I'm no Vauld, I can muddle my way through a spreadsheet, and get the community knowing how we're looking is important. I don't have a time-frame for this, but I would like the first one to be out within a month. There are more pressing matters which need our attention, but the report is a great way to keep everyone up to date on LL generally. https://limelightgaming.net/forums/thread-28379.html

2. Reviving CityRP development. There's been a number of backend changes, through both myself and the wonderful skills of , but that's not visible. I've made some changes recently, but that's not enough.

2a. Contributor team. Currently, the we have many great contributors, but no ways of really using them to their potential. Burnett implemented the Contributor workflow, which has yet to be fully used. This makes it a lot easier for contributors to work on the gamemode. I'm not the best person to explain it, so again, I will ask Burnett to provide a full thread on the subject. https://limelightgaming.net/forums/thread-28384.html

2b. External developers. Whilst this is an expensive option, and would need to be supported with supplementary income, external developers, properly managed, are likely to be the fastest way to get key systems improved. Whilst we'd need to work out a way of ensuring funding, this could easily kick development back into overdrive.

3. Exposing more resources for the community. Both in terms of development resources (allowing people to add their own suggestions), and in general terms. Support for events, easily adding maps or content to the event server, allowing community ran non-CityRP events like the Minecraft server, the CS:GO event or the R6s competition.

Obviously, words mean little to a community lacking trust. Actions are what matters, and I hope to prove in these coming weeks, that we can provide those.
A step in the right direction
‍ congratulations, always good to have new faces on the team
[Image: NLUYMcJ.png]
(Mar 10, 2021, 11:32 AM)Cole Wrote: [ -> ]‍ congratulations, always good to have new faces on the team
[Image: NLUYMcJ.png]

Ugly faces, aye.
The initial finance report has been written. Unfortunately PayPal hasn't generated the reports I want, so it's a lot of words currently, not many graphs, and not a huge amount of long-term insight, unlike Vauld's impressive work. However, there is a fair amount of information in there. It's just being ran past management to make sure I've not about to accidently leak sensitive (personal) finance data. I'm hoping it'll be posted in the next few days.
Good Stuff doc, hopefully this marks a step one of CPR - just hope the train keeps on rolling