Limelight Forums

Full Version: The Smol Questions - Membership Icons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Heya y'all.

With https://limelightgaming.net/forums/thread-27445.html getting approved, there's some questions which need answering.

1. Should the icon changes be based on length of membership, or amount of membership (6 months of membership, £5 of membership).
2. Should the icons be built-in (http://www.famfamfam.com/lab/icons/silk/preview.php#) as is suggested in Luvbunny's post?
(Apr 19, 2020, 01:10 PM)Luvbunny Wrote: [ -> ]Such as this?

Quote:[Image: YKVjc0E.png] Membership
Quote:[Image: EnTiNLS.png] Membership Level (Pound 5)
Quote:[Image: PhKson4.png] Membership Level (Pound 15)
Quote:[Image: fSXZG1z.png] Membership Level (Pound 25)

or custom made?

3a. If custom, what should they be? Different colour variations of the heart, or others?

3b. If inbuilt, which should they be?
I'm fine with the ones posted by Luvbunny, I think it should be based on the amount of money donated to the server directly, rather than the length, as this is more meaningful in terms of how much you've, directly, supported the community.
Not too sure about the coins. On the one hand people love to pose and whats better for that then a ton of coins - on the other im a little worried about toxicity ("u cant buy the server - p2w" kinda stuff). However i dont believe that to be too likely.

An inbuilt alternative could be the ruby (would have the same colour too). Although that wouldnt fix that issue.

A custom alternative coulld indeed be variations of the heart. So we could start of with the default (or a green one) and have it slowly turn more yellowish/red/orange till it reaches gold - kinda like the heart symbol tbh. Makes it look a little more personal.

Either way is fine though. The coins work well too.
As for the requirements id agree that it should be based on the ammount of money. Cole put it best.
Use the hearts and just do different colours as the coins are just kinda like ew imo
I would go with custom versions of the heart from famfamfam and depending on how much time you have remaining in your membership.
Am siding with Cole and Luvbunny on this one. Amount of money + inbuilt icons.
But I'm also open to custom icons
Siding with the different coloured hearts, like how the physgun appears. Not so sure on the coins personally
Looks like we're pretty heavily focused on the custom hearts. A'ite.
12 total votes.
10/12 voted to be based on money spent, not time.
9/12 voted for custom, not inbuilt.

Cool cool. I'll close the poll now, to preserve that.