Limelight Forums

Full Version: the server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can we just revive the server in any way possible ?
flex tape probably
Updates.
[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47fea3b1c2cf0158b58a...=giphy.gif]
damn flex tape would be amazing
temar can you start paying child support for the server man
yea temar wrf
(Jan 21, 2021, 09:05 PM)brave soldier Wrote: [ -> ]yea temar wrf

its been 12 years since his last payment man
by actually playing it
(Jan 23, 2021, 10:08 PM)Judge Rage Wrote: [ -> ]by actually playing it

everytime i want to join its empty af so no point
I think CityRP as a whole is pretty much dead, unless it gets a massive revamp I don't see it being very popular again. Even Fearless, yes I said FEARLESS, gets nowhere near the player counts it used to get. The FiveM server looked promising until they decided to bottle it. I think we're a bit of a weird era right now, there's popular games such as Garry's Mod and Arma 3, but they're both outdated and unoptimised (as much as I love ArmA), and there's not really any signs of updated games being released that are similar to these. Perhaps when/if Arma 4 gets announced.. and S&Box if that ever becomes reality, Limelight could jump onto the new games and recreate the past. However, that's potentially a long way away, and who knows if LL can survive (financially) until that point.

Sooo.. where does Limelight go from here?

That's the main question.
[Image: pp9b5qi.png]

I disagree with all those "cityRP is dead" or gmod is dead cuz outdated xd" statements. They're simply false and used as a cheap excuse for low/no players on LL every now and then.

Of course Fearless is not where it was a couple of years ago, constantly reaching 75/80 players. But as one can see, they have a very stable playerbase. Since the owner-change on FL, a lot of stuff was changed. A shit ton of updates was pumped out, which revived the server from a playerbase of like 20 in the evening to an almost full server.

Limelight is not even able to achieve 5 active players. But... I guess some people will, yet again, say that content is not a factor at all.

[Image: 2xWmMI3.png]
(Even in the last 7 days, the playercount was really good. It is a standard for FL now to reach such numbers)

TL;DR updates pumped in a shit ton of players over there, especially "old" players, as they finally have something "new" to do.

Unbanning me from the discord would immediately bring 50 million players to the server.
Promised.