Limelight Forums

Full Version: Discord appeal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Your Name: Lord Octagon

Ban ID: N/A

Banned by: Probably

Server: Discord

Ban Reason: Posting RBG crab rave meme back in September

Why should you be unbanned?: Don't think there is actually a rule against this, plus it's been months since the event occurred. 

Evidence: N/A
The staff members have received your suspension appeal, Lord Octagon.

It will take a while for it to be reviewed.
You think that celebrating the death of a US Justice isn't an extreme image?

You really think that?
(Jan 4, 2021, 02:13 PM)Doctor Internet Wrote: [ -> ]You think that celebrating the death of a US Justice isn't an extreme image?

You really think that?

Extreme image is like gore, nudity, etc.

I literally posted the crab rave video, hardly extremist. Also there were no element of threatening nature, considering she was already dead.
Honestly, I don't know what to think.

It seems like every time you're in there, you're fine, then you do something monumentally stupid.
I don't know how to explain to you that we shouldn't be celebrating people's deaths in a gaming community?

Discord Rules Wrote:Our community is one of acceptance and diversity. With that in mind, please remember to be respectful to other users and tolerant of their beliefs, even if you don’t agree with them yourself. Simply put, if you can’t say anything nice, it's better to say nothing at all. If you’re joking about something, it's always a good idea to make sure that it’s obvious. Toxicity isn’t something we encourage, and we will actively try to avoid our services turning toxic; where necessary punishing those who behave in a toxic manner. The Discord is here for light-hearted and friendly discussion, other topics may not necessarily be appropriate, if you are not sure of a topic you can always ask a staff member if it's appropriate.

I don't know in what way you could consider posting a meme about someone's death could be considered respectful and tolerant?

Appeal Denied, the ban will be upheld.